Is Ronaldo's record untouchable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ronaldo's record untouchable??

The Brazilian legend has scored 15 goals in WC competitions in total. 4 in 1998, 8 in 2002 and 3 in 2006. In the last WC he broke Gerd Mueller's record of 14 goals.

Can his record be broken in this world cup???

Well, one player certainly has the chance and ability to do so. Miroslav Klose has scored 5 goals in each of the last 2 world cups for the Germans. He'll match Ronaldo's totals if he manages to repeat the same thing.

Will Klose be able to match or even break Ronaldo's record?????

I say it's possible.
    Last edited by Farshad43; 06-09-2010, 07:33 PM.
    مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

The 14 goals was not Pele's, it was Gerd Mueller's.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

hes 32 so if he doesnt do it this world cup he might have another one

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        The 14 goals was not Pele's, it was Gerd Mueller's.
        My bad! You're absolutely right. Pele has scored 12 goals and not 14.
        I edited my post.
        مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

it probably will be broken... but i hope it doesnt.

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
          Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

untouchable is the last word id use for that record. maybe not this world cup but this.
            Villa has 3, hes gonna net 7 this wc, and 6 in brazil, so thatll do it

Comment

doubt it will be broken this wc.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                untouchable is the last word id use for that record. maybe not this world cup but this.
                Villa has 3, hes gonna net 7 this wc, and 6 in brazil, so thatll do it
                LOL and Enayati will make a splended comeback and score 16 goals in the next world cup

Comment

the only man to do this is ali daei

seriously, i doubt it. dont see klose scoring 5 even though he is a mordekhor goalscorer...

Comment

I'm not too sure. Germany got a relatively tough group, and I can't see him grabbing a brace in any of the games? I'm not sure.
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Too bad for Klose Saudi's didn't make the WC.
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                        LOL and Enayati will make a splended comeback and score 16 goals in the next world cup

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                          while Khatibi assists 14 of those goals and Nikbakht for the other two.

Comment

it's not, messi still has 3 potential world cups in him after this one..

if klose has some luck he can beat ronaldo's record this year

Comment

the game has changed, not anymore

back in the day, every world cup used to have a top scorer that scored 10, 8 or atleast 6 goals, now days its more of a team game, so one striker doesnt score as many as they used to

Comment

Working...
                              X