Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day17: Playing card or playing football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day17: Playing card or playing football?

England – Ecuador, Ecuador fell in the same trap, Team Melli fell, and they both scared of the paper tiger and lost the game before entering into the field. Ecuador was not prepared for the second round. Their mentality was not set for more achievement. When John Terry, one of the best defenders in the world in my opinion, gave a 100% golden opportunity to the Ecuadorian forward, I thought “that’s it, England is out”. Well, I didn’t count on Ashley Cole to become a hero with a lot of luck to block that shot. Aren’t all heroes lucky? Anyway, in a game when your worst player becomes your goal-scorer, what else you can say? I am thinking England has the same illness we have been for years, “Daei- Beckham” delirium. The whole game was boring, no action, no smart passing, nothing, except Beckham being lucky and register himself for another 4 years. Some one wake British people up, what’s wrong with Lennon, you stick to Beckham?

Portugal-Holland, imagine watching a football with 16 yellow cards and 4 red cards, a game with high temper and full of exciting scenes which rise your blood pressure every second but don’t get me wrong, very few were ball-involvement excitements. I told myself “…and we thought our players are not professional if they commit such actions”. The result was 1-0 for Portugal and nothing to add except probably England is the luckiest team in this tournament to face Portugal without Deco and maybe C.Ronaldo. Who knows, one of these two teams see themselves between the last four.

Enjoy the football festival.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Hajagha; 06-26-2006, 06:53 AM.

A British fan ,in an interview admited,ecuador was the only team with gole scoreing oppertunities.
    And, i loved the intencity of Portugal,Holland.....Thats how football should be played...like a dog fight.

Comment

Working...
    X