Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<<Zidane Incident>> Some thing should be done by FIFA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont care wut materazzi said, no excuse, i dont care about gheyrat, pride, i dont care if he said somethin bout his mom, dad, sister, muslims, mohammad, allah, france, french fries, french girls, nothin, he was in the position he was in and he knew he was there to win and that was that, he chose to react like so and that's his fault, everyone has control of their emotions and of themselves, zidane made a mistake and let his emotions get to him, but no excuses!!

Comment

Originally posted by smanhoobi
      Haji jaan:
      Up untill a few days ago, I was having a debate with one of those "pfdc specials" in football forum. A typical creature who had two made phrases and repeated it a million times. As we moved forward, he started to fill the gaps with personal stuff too (again, very typical). When we really reached that point, I decided to stop. Because, if I would to continue, I would aggrevate a creature further. His views were not bothering me at all. But his language, his methods of reaching the outcome and degrading (so so typical of his kind) by mixing irrelevant issues was quite sad of a scene to witness. I mean I wondered and I said to myself, "oh gosh, this is what we have in this world and we have tons of them". Now what this has to do with your thread subject?
      I would support Zidane IF I knew that his actions woud in any way help the cause in eliminating cusses, swears to ones mother or .... or even racial comments. Zidane's action on the pitch may be very "gheyrati" ( as you can see so many praise it for that), but its outcome will not only have "no effect" , but it will also aggrevate that creature (materazzi) and will be a sign that "great things" can happen using them. Hope I could relate this with the above paragraph in my incident. There are tons of people like Materazzi in world of football today. These stuff happens in football like "noghl o nabaat" (I mean verball stuff). If that much of an importance is given to it, we only flare up its popularity as a method of play in football.
      Now, you asked what FIFA should/can/must do? I dont think FIFA can do anything more than they are doing now. I mean there is no way you can punish or prevent it in this generation of footballists. This world in one way or another is actually promoting Racism. Whereever we look, we can see how devided this world is getting. And there are lots of people ( and i mean quite a lot) who are using/misusing this opportunity to their favor , regardless of how dirty it might be.
      FIFA is trying to educate all people and especially the younger generation of football fans and lovers. But, I think thats about it. there is no logical way to do this and prevent it from happening. I think its rather the "mokhaatab's" job to slow it down with ignoring (sometimes, ignoring is a better weapon against a wrong than reacting to it). The more we have people like Zidane who react, the more we let such thing have an effect.
      And I also agree with Viva. Zidane is a great player in my book too. But, in those matters he is and was never a saint.
      Zidane got the golden ball. But with that, he missed a chance of being a great embassador of football in world of football. Just like Maradona. Dont get me wrong. Zidane is in a much higher class than Maradona in that sense. I just think, he wont get the recognition that he trully deserved after this incident.
      Just as a footnote. Zidane had internal problems with his own country and fans too. Lets not forget that either.
      Mokhlesam
      Soheil
      I agree with you by defending Zidane we promot such an ugly action from the other party as they see their dirty tactic works. However, I think we should punish both parties, the first one to not take the law in his hands and try to apply, the second one to show we are aware of the filthy mouth. We easily can start with this dirty lizard, Materazzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
        I think we should punish both parties,
        I would be the first to support that. But, realistically, there is no way you can punish bad mouthing , IF it is not heard by the referee.

Basically, what you say is ideal, but it can never happen.

So, we gotta focus on what is "actually possible".

As Fifa is doing it, we need to put slogans, educate especially kids. And then, as football associations, we need to feed to the players' head that "ignorance" is the best weapon. Actually, not really "ignorance". But rather reaction in a physical way should be avoided.

Someone tells you something, give it back to him in the same way. Cause, with that, it will remain private and hence does not have any major effect. But dont react physically to make the issue so popular and cause it to have an effect.

You mentioned bahrain issue in the other thread. Yes, as a fan, I am very saddened and can react by shouting and hitting a pillow. .

But, players need to learn to be active "verbally" , but not physically. Cause, there is basically no way you can prevent verbal stuff to happen.
        Last edited by smanhoobi; 07-10-2006, 03:16 PM.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I think the best punishment for Zeidan is to take away one "Noghteh" from his name and then let him live with it for the rest of his life. what do you think?
          ریدان

or better

رید آن

Mokhlesim
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster
            I think the best punishment for Zeidan is to take away one "Noghteh" from his name and then let him live with it for the rest of his life. what do you think?
            ریدان

or better

رید آن

Mokhlesim
            How about:
            ان رید
            VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Originally posted by smanhoobi
              I would be the first to support that. But, realistically, there is no way you can punish bad mouthing , IF it is not heard by the referee.

Basically, what you say is ideal, but it can never happen.

So, we gotta focus on what is "actually possible".

As Fifa is doing it, we need to put slogans, educate especially kids. And then, as football associations, we need to feed to the players' head that "ignorance" is the best weapon. Actually, not really "ignorance". But rather reaction in a physical way should be avoided.

Someone tells you something, give it back to him in the same way. Cause, with that, it will remain private and hence does not have any major effect. But dont react physically to make the issue so popular and cause it to have an effect.

You mentioned bahrain issue in the other thread. Yes, as a fan, I am very saddened and can react by shouting and hitting a pillow. .

But, players need to learn to be active "verbally" , but not physically. Cause, there is basically no way you can prevent verbal stuff to happen.
              Manhoob jan,

What if we force every single player to wear microphones and record and play their voices from the Stadium's speakers so every one can hear what they say?!

I think it's doable!

Comment

WOW, I am ambivalant.......for the first time after two years, all members whom I have the most respect for, are in opposit side of an issue !!!
                smanhoobi,vivaitalia,and even my one and only webmaster........
                .................................................. .............................................
                This issue of zedan's incident is indeed a complex one, and requires much deeper ,and more dynamic analysis.................
                Here is exactly what was said :
                .................................................. ...................................
                Zedan : Ordinanza di tirare il costume !!( Stop pulling my shirt )
                Materrazi :taciti,enculo,hai solamente cio che merite. (Shot up,butt f..cked,you are only getting what you deserve)
                Zedan :Si e cio. ( yeah,that right ),and zedan walks away,but materrazi continues and walks toward him and say:
                Materrazi: meritate tutti cio,voi gli enculato musulmani,sporchi terroritici.( You all deserve it,you butt f..cked moslems are all dirty terrorists)
                Then zedan returns and did what he did.
                .................................................. ..................................

.................................................. .............................................
                the first and obviouse look,is that it was such an stupid act,in a wrong place at a wrong time,by a wrong player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                But is there more to it than that ?
                .................................................. ...............................................
                I do not know where to begin with,as I have alot to say, .....
                We have had many threads in last year or so, regarding racism ,and specialy racism in Europe........The understanding by most was such,that racism exit every where,,,,yet, there was an obviouse difference between the view of our members who live in Europe, with that of members who live in USA.
                It appeared to me, that although,racism also exits in USA, yet, Iranians who live there, have less tolerance toward it, and do not let any incident pass by.as our european - iranian members , although,acknowledgeing it, yet, have resigned to it as a fact of life.
                .................................................. ...............................................
                We have had in previouse threads, news about widely practiced racism all over Europe, and examples of , african players crying off fields of Italia, monkey noices in France, not admiting iranians or blacks in public places in germany, spanish coach remarks about thiery Hennery, preference of most black players to play for england ,as it is less racist,the demostration and up-raising in france of africans and moslems,fifa punishing some Italian club players to salute natzi fans with suasticka,with a " HI HITLER " hand guesture, and more than 100 other incidences...brought up in our previouse threads.
                Although, zedan is by no means an intelegent player,as he has done such acts on previouse occations....yet,we need to look at this issue , as what will it mean to racism in Europe in general....
                .................................................. ...........................................
                contrary, to our European-Iranians resolve...we in USA, have come up with a attitude of " ZERO TOLERANCE "...and historical experinces of blacks have helped us, to react in a way,that racist elements, could not forget....
                the job and correct reaction for a person who is subjected to a racist act,
                is make it a an occasion for a aggressor to remember...and never,ever,let him get off of it so easyly.
                .................................................. ..............................................
                now here is the question.....
                Was what African and moslem decendant in France did on thier up-raising wrong ?
                was burning cars,and breaking windows wrong ?
                Were such acts uncivilized ?
                Would these acts make the Europeans more convinced of wild nature of African,arab,moslem communities ?
                .................................................. ................................................
                The issue, is indeed more important than the WC.....and Zedan's act, will indeed be judged by, White Europeans and the exploited minority of Europe as well.............................
                It no longer maters if Zedan is stupid or not, what matters is a reactions of a thousands of children whom had seen Zedan as a hero !!!,it is specialy important,that it is done and chosen over a WC final game,so every body would remember, and not just any game............that is why,I call it a leggacy !!!
                .................................................. .
                It is a leggacy by zedan in more ways that we may think......
                It is something to remember for all Italian German,French fans who make monkey noices,and have systematic racist attitude toward people like us ( Iranians )....at first, they may dismiss it as yet a stupid act, ....yet, all the big guys , like materrazi of italia...will always remember , after another usual racist comment,,,there may come an immidiate shot on thier face to shot them up !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                .................................................. ...................
                A non-confrontational , non-violent resistant hardly worked in USA, but for the land of origin of racism, with no hope in site.........incidents like up-raising in france and head-butt of Zedan who downed a racist tough guy, at the world cup final stage,will be positive leggecy.........................
                Thanks Zedan.................I love you !

Comment

yeh, gooz for him for going head first into racism, but he kinda messed things up for his squad, im not saying his red card cost france the game, but it sure didnt help, i like wut tommy smyth said, he said something along the lines of "i dont care wut the italian player said, after the match when u've won the cup u take it to him and show it and repeat wut he said", im all for fighting against racism and i think it's very sick and primitive, but u hav to kno when to pick ur battles, materazzi got wut he wanted in the end, zidane out of the game and a WC, i think the diff here is the opinions of people on how to resopnd to such racist comments (IF that's wut materazzi said, we still dunno 100%), i dunno, maybe it's just me but in a situation that zidane was in i would choose to speak w/ my feet, and now some may see zidane's reaction to standing up to the big bad racist guy, and others r gonna see it as zidane losing his cool and going out on a red card and a vicious headbutt allowing another individual's words decide his exit

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
                    Manhoob jan,

What if we force every single player to wear microphones and record and play their voices from the Stadium's speakers so every one can hear what they say?!

I think it's doable!

Kojai to? Vacation?
                    Baba karo zendegee dareem. Beres.

We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

daro takhte be ham meekhoran!

fifa grants the mvp to a player that did that in front of a billion spectators!!
                      Do you guys think that footballers are educated nice people!? zidan is no different and in fact he has a history of being what he is...a great footballer with anger bursts..unfortunately for this jewel of player regardless of the golden ball or boot or whatever that he has achieved on the paper he will go down with truly a horrible legacy as such...people are the ultimate judge

can we all now respect PELE even more that in those days that there were no yellow or red cards and he was attacked every single game with a near career ending kick to his body but he remained a true gentleman ...it is a rarity to find class between footballers...
                      deerooz, emrooz, farda
                      zeeremonan
                      sheeshtayeea
                      The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                      Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

A NEW CLINT IS BORN!
                        GO AHEAD MAKE OUR DAY!

Comment

I think zizou is still the best player in the historay
                          he lost his temper for one second and that was a sad day for the football world
                          but players like materazi should be banned By fifa he is the dirtiest player i have ever seen very low class.
                          Zidane legend will leave no matter what happened yesterday
                          in the history there were great players but no onw had the abilities of Zizou
                          pele had only the name maradona was okay but zizou was the greatest and the best we will miss him
                          we will never see him again and never a player like him
                          i will never foget the penaly goal of yesterday
                          in a worl cup final beeing so cool its juts amazing
                          i cant wait seening materazzi in france they will kill this bastard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman
                            ... tommy smyth said, he said something along the lines of "i dont care wut the italian player said, after the match when u've won the cup u take it to him and show it and repeat wut he said", ...
                            Is he sure if Zidan didn't do that, they would win the cup?

How about this scenario? Materazzi insulted, Zidan didn't do any thing, Italian won the cup and Zidan lost double.

What Materazzi did was wrong and we need to do some thing about it. Zidan act was only a "reaction" which easily can be contoroled as it is. We don't see many players head-butting or slapping or stuffs like that any more, but we see insults are going on and on and on.

Cheers,

Comment

I am ashamed ,for some of us, who do not apprreciate the importance of what zidan has done for the exploited minorety of Europe......as if they are sold out to racist elements,while sufferening !!!!.....It is pitty that not only they do not see the bigger picture than WC,but also, accepting a misreable life !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo
                                I am ashamed ,for some of us, who do not apprreciate the importance of what zidan has done for the exploited minorety of Europe......as if they are sold out to racist elements,while sufferening !!!!.....It is pitty that not only they do not see the bigger picture than WC,but also, accepting a misreable life !!!!!!!!!!
                                For your information.
                                It was a mild insult and the stupid Zidane couldn't control his temper.

http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NE...9_123633.shtml
                                Marco Materazzi has admitted insulting Zinedine Zidane in the World Cup final but denies referring to terrorism or the France captain's mother.
                                Italy defender Materazzi was the victim of a vicious Zidane headbutt that led to the French talisman being sent off during extra-time in Sunday night's showpiece in Berlin.
                                There have been several theories as to what Materazzi actually said to bring about Zidane's amazing reaction.
                                But the former Everton man told Gazzetta Dello Sport he definitely did not call the French skipper a terrorist, and claims he did not insult the midfielder's mother either.
                                Materazzi said: "I held Zidane's shirt for a few seconds. He turned to me, looked at me from top to bottom with utmost arrogance and said: 'If you really want my shirt, I'll give it to you afterwards'. I answered him with an insult.
                                "It was the type of insult that we've heard before so many times on the pitch, and sometimes we don't even notice it.
                                One report suggests that Materazzi said he would rather take Zidane’s wife’s shirt but the defender adamantly denies saying anything about his wife, family or anything terrorist related.
                                "What's sure is that I never called him a terrorist: I am not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is. My sole terrorist is her...," added the 32-year-old, pointing at his sleeping 10-month-old daughter.
                                "I certainly did not talk about Zidane's mother. For me, mothers are sacred," he added.

Comment

Working...
                                X