Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What changes are in order, for the korean game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say let's go all on the attack. We can make it a duel like back in AC 2004.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by maij
      what is our objective of that gameAgha Human Kojaei ??). He thought he is going to turn up with his men , slam dunk them with 3 or 4 goals , bow to the cheering crowds and then focus on the main game against Korea. He did not even bother to view a recorded match of Syria!!!!!

Lesson ONE for Amir Agha ....DO NOT UNDER-ESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT.

Anyway , In my opinion , Iran should build a team around a solid defense.I know it is not pretty , and comp up with at least one valuable point.

Well said maij but KSA beat Korea home and way last year and KSA has no European based players. Korea is certainly beatable.

Also, I like to see Shojaie instead of Khatibi. An extra attacking midfielder is better than a useless forward.
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

the changes that are achievable for the korea game in my opinion are:
        1)bring all our legionnaires at watever cost it is, whether it is ego, partibazi or watever, please, for the sake of our nations pride in asia, we need to go to asian cup 2007. keep all this laj bazzi and ego behind atleast for the time being. we need hashemian, karimi, zandi, rezai, teymourian, nekounam heck even try pashazadeh, samere and oladi!

2)Please for the love of god practice passing. in the syria game, we had sooooo many wrong passes and turnovers that its not even funny!
        maelli kohan and gang were complainung about simple tactics like 1-2 passing, but i didnt see anything in these 2 games either.
        hardly any good passking combos, any useful passes, hardly any one touch passes, nothing!!!
        all the guys had in mind was get the ball, and cross it somehow, and that too, NOT IN THE GOAL KEEPERS HANDS!!
        practise some passing and crossing for gods sake!

3)Use an experienced keeper like mirzapour against korea. for sure, korea is gonna dominate us, and talebloo with all his talent, lacks the experience that mirzapour has and might collapse under pressure.

4)try the mahdavikia-kaabi combo on the right rather than the useless madanchi-nikbakht. these guys hardly do anything positive. just run like mad dogs and cross the ball into the goal keepers hand or outside the field.
        they dont take one good shot on goal, they dont take one good cross on goal, wat are they doing there?
        atleast kaabi has the speed to challenge the koreans on one flank, and has proven to be well coordinated with kia and karimi.

5)Please dont try to play brave and all attack or crap cos korea is no UAE to waste their chances. play smart, even if it means defending for 90 minutes. right now, we are in a situation that we might even get knocked out by syria, every 1 point out of a draw is valuable to us. korea is no team to mess around with. if teams like jordan and syria need 1 or 2 chances to score on us, i dont even wanna think about korea!!
        just play smart football, remember, our goal is to get to asian cup, whether it means attacking for 90 minutes or defending for 90 minutes, we should give highest priority to this aim of ours, QUYALIFY TO ASIAN CUP 2007 FIRST!
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

good points yashar jan.

I think the legioners shd put away their grudges with officials and get it straight: it is about Iran, and not abotu this person or that individual.
          ( note: I dont know what is VH's gripe, but I sure hope it is not some childish, immature thing that is rumored )

I also agree on the passing.
          but plz understand, the more these players play together, the more they get coordinated and thus, passing will improve.
          I am very angry the IFF has had no plans to conduct a friendly or two prior to the game.

all in all, I agree with all ur points.
          especially the last, since this TM is not one that is coordinated and galvanized yet. and attacking a well organized powerhouse like korea at their home is close to suicide.
          ( note: if the team had worked together for some months, and showed familiarity, my suggestion would be opposite, though. best form of defense is a good , balanced offense )

---------------

my take on the game is; even if we lose by a goal or so, I wouldnt be committing suicide hust yet.

dont mistake me, I'd rather see TM triumph, but lets be realistic.

korea is a traditional powerhouse.
          it is playing at home
          they usually have great teamwork, with good coaches
          we are not yet a proper team and it takes some time to get it fixed

having said that, I'd say even if we lose, we still may be able to get something from our encounter in tehran.
          ( however, I am sure syria will succumb at korea.)

I also think when we face off against syria, our team would play a far better game than what we saw.
          even a win is surely on the cards.
          so I wouldnt be planning a trip to buy "the rope" yet.
          Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 08-20-2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM

having said that, I'd say even if we lose, we still may be able to get something from our encounter in tehran.
            ( however, I am sure syria will succumb at korea.)

I also think when we face off against syria, our team would play a far better game than what we saw.
            even a win is surely on the cards.
            so I wouldnt be planning a trip to buy "the rope" yet.
            this is the key match for us, we have to overcome syria in this match which is very possible yet not 100% predetermined, and inshalla we will be on our way to our 4th asian title
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I strongly suggest we don't put undo pressure on the team

Let's don't make the Iran's Korea a do or die thing for out team. Our team is young not played with each other, haven't built the confidence, just recovering from the WC fiasco.
              Our players don't have the emotional strength to deal with a high pressure situation.

Even if we loose to Korea, all we have to do is to beat the Syria in Damecus or whereever we play them and beat Taiwan with a good goal difference.

If I had my way to be honest, I would have made a long term plan for 2010 WC. I wouldn't have even focused so much on the Asian Championship for next year and send the Omid team to play in these games. I know my comment will cause jeers but we need to have a long term views about our soccer. I would have made a good national campaign in the newspapers and explain the goal (second round presense in WC2010) to the people and ask them to put up with the potential short term failures. But then again I haven't been in Iran for a long time and maybe I am very out of touch with the situation in Iran.Even if we didn't make the round of 16 (Asian cup with the Omid team) still it doesn't matter in my opinion

Our Omid team needs to play in these arenas to gain exeperince. I don't want to make the "Sahraye Karbale " like Akhoonds do in Tehran but part of the problem with the current national team's forwards is the fact that Branko played the goddamn Dai regardless even againt Doorghooz Abad. So for a long time there wasn't a real chance for other forwards (even Hashemian amost got sacrificed) to grow and gain internationl experience.

Point is let the Omid's play in these internationl arena's and build the future.
              "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
              Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
              Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
              sigpic

Comment

ali jan, sending of Omid team is something that shd NOT be expected from Iranians and its federation.
                at least not until our fans and ppl learn to be patient and more professional and mature in their thinking.

this kind of move is seen only from a few nations like japan or korea, whose ppl are more mature and patient , and understand the meaning of investment and long term planning.

we have fans who expect results straight from the word go !!
                remember what pp fans did to the poor vingo begovic?
                what ss fans did koch ?

we also have a set of biased fans who are eager to see their ppl of choice proven right, even at the cost of TM and Iran's football.
                such ppl cant wait to see someone else fails, so they can shout and shove their own FAILED choices down others' throats.
                ( they used to talk about "agendas". NOW and THIS is the right place to use such words )

lets not forget we have such ppl in our officials and powers-that-be also.
                look at that miserable maggot, dadkan, who waited and waited ( more like he was scared to open his filthy mouth ), until GN and TM showed a bad performance ... then he started running his stupid mouth !
                I'm 10000% sure had we beaten syria, his mouth would have stayed shut until the next game where we failed or showed a bad game !

we have idiots like that moron, branko, who talks utter garbage from the other side of the world ( where, btw, he is left jobless and has absolutely NO TAKERS whatsoever ) with words like "we beat syria 7-0" or "we beat korea" or ... never having the guts to mention those games were after 3-4 years of his tenure at the TM, and he had all his legioners avaliable to him , and the support of IFF, fans, media, .... and that too after many camps and tours.
                he talks such garbage, and expects ppl to swallow his garbage ( which, some actually do , unfortunately. ) without thinking or bothering to fully comprehend what is being compared !!

so given all these and more, I think it is still too early for Iran and Iranians to make such investments and bold decisions ...... UNFORTUNATELY, I must add !
                Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 08-23-2006, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Good point about fans in Iran yet .....

DD jaan,

That is why I brought up a journalistic campaign to explain the goals in Iran. I really strongly suggest you read about propaganda, journalisem and mass meida in the 21st century. See how Bush sold the Iraq war to folks in US. Read Chomsky's work about propaganda, see how Nazis did sell their garbage to ordinary Germans through papers, propagand etc.

Most of the examples I gave above were negative examples, but I think a mass media campaign can really start to educate the folks. Well, we have to start from somewhere. There will growth pain but has to start from somewhere. Maybe I am too naive but I inherntly beleive in good nature of people.

As for Beghovitch case I think Ghamkhar was the one who created tension the way he removed Parvin and also his timing wasn't right. See how Ansarifard dealt with parvin and granted a good timing is on his side.

I think we underestimate average folks in Iran. Yes there will be Dadkan or this and that. Every guy will try to bad mouth the team if they loose and all that, but if one choose the right path at the end the results will speak for itself.

I am a blue fan but I really respect Ansarifard and what he is trying to do for the Persopolice and I am very glad PP is starting to improve. PP and EsES are corner stones of our football. I think Ansari fard's managment shows that if one is having a plan he can start to influence people. I wish Ansarifard was using the media better to explain his long term plan for the PP and get fans really feel the ownership of this process.

I don't want to get into the managment stuff here, but if you read about influencing and managment (which is well studied in USA), you realize what a role that can play.

In each coutnry within its soccer community there is competition back stabbing etc. In US even at the state level in IL and California (where I saw with my own eyes) a huge amount of back stabbing politicing etc is played and to be honest I am surprised if it didn't exist (after all we are talking about Human beings and this is part of being a human). So the back stabbing, tribalisem etc that you are talking about mabye is worst in Iran but not a forigen phonomenon in soccer worldwide.
                  It takes a leader to come up with a vision and sell that vision to the masses and make that mental energy to a real social force.
                  "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

ali jan, you speak of a major media campaign to instill "patience" in the fans so they can accept the act of "forgoing the asia cup and investing in our omid team, for the sake of a strong 2010 WC" !

but therein lies the evil; the media.

this media that I see everyday, is more bothered about "selling" than construction of our football.
                    yes, you do come across the odd constructive opinion and useful article , but they are too far in between.
                    and having such a ridiculous number of sports rags, all with one agenda: to sell more papers, which btw means the more controversy they kick up, the more they sell.... all this spells one thing: they wont be reliable in such nobel causes as one you mentioned !

and if the media doesnt want to back an idea, unfortunately, that idea will have an extremely tough time finding root.
                    however, if they suddenly discover a collective conscience ( huh! what dreams !! ) and actually get together and push such an idea, I'd say it'll be a major feat of progress.

do you think the present media in Iran will EVER do that?
                    I doubt it.

Comment

DD Jaan,

Totally agree with your comments about Iranian Media and Media in general (they are just concerned with selling papers).

But my point was a collective effort by IFF, more educated fans like you, seasoned Iranian footballers, politicians, etc. to bring up, discuss educate, dialogue, so masses eventually learns.

See in life there are time invariant fundemental rules that one can't deny, whoever aligns his/her life along thouse rules he/she will be successful.
                      One of those time invariant fundemetal rules is planning and staying with the plan and don't get discouraged with the short term failures.
                      Collective consicous of people learns as a result of their experiences. Even in khar to khar situation in Iran, right now IFF and clubs are asking from each coach a plan. Now I am not too naive to think these plan are stick to and execuated, but the point is that at this rudemntary level the idea of planning is well founded.
                      People, specially Iranian people at present who have gone through the reveloution upheavel are amazingly thirsty for better ways. If the right idea comes and explained and presented well and consistantly, it definitly in long term grows. Remember we all are learning from passage of time. Great leaders are the ones who can extrapolate, create a vision and sell it to people. Someone like Safai Farahani or Mostafavi or someone is their caliber are in the proper position to implement this. Someone like me just can type in Persianfootball forum, but everyone gotta do his/her responsibilities.
                      Anyhow, talking about is the first step.

sigpic

Comment

having said all the above, I got to thinking about the next game, against syria, which is far more important to us than the away game to korea.

I know I wanted a more solid approach to the team with an eye on the points.
                        but if we consider the amount of travel the team has to go through, within 5-6 days.

tehran-dubai-korea
                        away match against asia's best
                        korea - **** - tehran ( sunday morning )
                        ( same sunday, evening ) tehran - syria ( I hope. without any stop-over )
                        away match with all its importance

all this within the span of 6 days !
                        thanks to dadkan's treacherous and scum-like attitude, and that other fellow's wimpy nature of running away from good test games. and didnt bother to object to such schduling, as they clearly didnt care what happens to Iran and TM after the WC !!!!! (and to find ppl still crying for these two morons !!!!!!! )

this will definitely take its toll on the players.
                        mentally and more importantly, physically.

all this considered, I venture to think, even if GN doesnt play all his cards against korea, and plays with the second-string team, and loses , I wouldnt be all that unhappy, as we can always blast them in TEHRAN , anyway.
                        as long as he keeps his main players in shape and fit ( not tired and pooped out after the heavy game against korea ) for the crucial syria game, where he goes in at full power.

( with such a philosophy, I wouldnt even mind having guys like kia, karimi, vh, rahman, enayati, ... rest in IRAN, and join the team for its journey to syria only. )
                        Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 08-30-2006, 05:22 AM.

Comment

DD, GN is under tremendous presssure and he will field the full legioners in Seoul. I wish I could know what he is doing in the TM camp during daily practices. That would have given us clues of what is going on in his mind. Are you in Iran? If you are, Did you go to any of the TM practices?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X