Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current TM reminding me Iraq in Sadam era!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current TM reminding me Iraq in Sadam era!!!

Do you remember Iran-Iraq game and the war scene after Iraq's goal? Do you remember how did we feel bad about Iraqi's player under Udai's stick? Did you remember how they were playing just to have a chance for getting out of the country with any kind of contract?

I don't know why I feel the same way for our TM now. Cause of too many "Hezbolah's flag"? Or too many message about nuclear program? Or missing Hashemian, Rezaei for some strange excuses? Or Kia being subb'ed in the second half? Or Karimi's fight in the camp? Or Daei's behavior to be kicked out finally? Or all above.

Some how, I think neither they play with their heart, nor I cheer for them from my heart.

Do you have the same feeling?

I don't get that feeling. But I think there is a sense that this coaching staff is not permanent. That, may have cuased some uncertainty.

Comment

Hmmmmmm...... But political slogans, propaganda and 'awam freebi' by the authorities have always been evident and conspicuous in sport arenas in Iran.

The rulers have used the political tools quite well and systematically directed the media especially the TV , to highlight political messages....

Haji jan...Do you think that these political messages have increased? if so , then the answer is simple...it is all to do with the current world events that is directly or indirectly affecting Iran...(war in Lebanon and Iran's nuclear activities turmoil)

Or are you insinuating there is some other hidden agenda.

sigpic

Comment

Well, a year and half ago when I was in Iran and gone to the stadium (Iran-Japan), there was no such a massive advertisement going on. As matter of fact, when they started to play some "Moharam" and "sine-zani" music, people started to whistle to object, there were non-stop, "bandari" dancing all over the stadium for over 10 hours, no political slogans, no nothing. In the TV, we couldn't see much of these sentences about politics,...

But, now, you'll be the judge.

Besides, I feel like almost none of the players play for the country any more (exactly the same feeling I had for Iraqi players when Sadam was in charge), they play for their own sake of benefit and resume. I don't blame them, there is no sign of sportsmanship and nationalism to make them follow. Look at the head of IFF, or higher, look which one of them cares really about these kids, they all use the team as a tool for their own agenda. What happens when any of these players gets some where? They don't come back for the country if the game doesn't help their resume. As easy as that.

I might be wrong; however I can't help myself for such a feeling.

Cheers,
        Last edited by Hajagha; 08-18-2006, 05:56 AM.

Comment

No matter how we cut it !!,.....Till the time we get rid of these mullas, we are not a normal nation !!.........
          We are fool of contradictions,and ambivalance !!......and frankly, no one is blame but these " Aush Laukhs " !!!! ( excuse my german )

Comment

I see what you mean.....But this has been the trend for at least a decade or so...I am not sure if it has anything to do with the Mullah's , perhaps it does , but frankly speaking the culture has changed and evryone is on his own.

About the stadium... I was in Azadi during the Asian Cup 2000 qualification and all 3 matches of Iran had "Sinah Zani" at half time ...people did not seem to mind and they got into the act...however , I felt many young fans in our section at least , did not understand the concept of "Sinah Zani"...They were cracking jokes , pushing & shoving each other , Lauging & teasing but hitting their chest at the same time.......Amazing !!!!!

But then again , this is what makes Iran so interesting place to visit....always guaranteed a good laugh !!!!
            Last edited by maij; 08-18-2006, 10:28 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
              Besides, I feel like almost none of the players play for the country any more (exactly the same feeling I had for Iraqi players when Sadam was in charge), they play for their own sake of benefit and resume. I don't blame them, there is no sign of sportsmanship and nationalism to make them follow. Look at the head of IFF, or higher, look which one of them cares really about these kids, they all use the team as a tool for their own agenda. What happens when any of these players gets some where? They don't come back for the country if the game doesn't help their resume. As easy as that.

I might be wrong; however I can't help myself for such a feeling.

Cheers,
              Here comes the value of the likes of Daei, and why some of us like them so much. He sacrificed himself for the team when he could think of himself. Of course you can always accuse him of being slefish or associate him with th regime, but one knows that he just loved the team. Yes, he was slow, but he would play his heart out, cuz he loved the team.

This was how we treated our hero who torn his kidney, broke his head several times and missed the hugest opportunities to play fixed for the big teams. No, don't tell me that he did it to himself, NO, he didn't! we did it to him, we dear fans! cuz we were sick and tiered of seeing him!

Now you can get sick and tiered of Majidi the Arabs khaayeh-maal, Khatibi the goal waster, Enayati the club-only level player, Karimi the big ego, Hashemian the Ghahroo, Rezaei the second rated Italian teams suck-up, and ... that's what you wanted, this is your own AAsh. so enjoy it.

Lets see how long it will take to produce another Daei. and lets see how long it will take to kill the new Daei!

P.S. I don't know if the subject was about Molla's and Football, or Patriotism and Football. I chose the second one to talk about. I truely think that patriotism (or Ergh'e Melli) is dying in our team. Not because of Mollas, just because of money.
              VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

vivaItalia jan, haji jan....very profound issue indeed haji jan has brought up..........and again i believe it is the issue of mullahs and nothing els......
                If we expect certain things from our players, we should ask ,why ?....
                I believe , we say....what it is exactly that " IRAN " has given to these people that they should have so much of " ERGHE MELLI " ?
                The Iranian government has given " NOTHING ".....not only that, but also millions of talents and youths are being waisted because of these " AASH LAUKHS ".....what Iran has given our youth ?
                1- opportunity to study ?
                2- FUN ?
                3- Opportunity to grow ?
                4-freedom ?
                etc,etc,etc.........
                these players are not to blame because they want to go UAE and make some money,and a little taste of freedom .....nor is any body who wants to leave that country for his or her own future..................
                It is the universal human right for any body to think of his own frist !.....
                and in our case,,,,,these people for thinking about themseleves,should not have any feeling of guilt........
                TO REVERSE THE CODE BY JOHN F.KENNEDY.........

" ASK NOT, WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR YOUR COUNTRY,
                " ASK, WHAT YOUR COUNTRY HAS DONE FOR YOU ?."

Comment

Lighten up folks... TM is going to bounce back under GN. This lineup is still brand new. They just need a few more games together to get fine-tuned.

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Didn't have it until now, but now I'm a bit worried.

Comment

Working...
                    X