Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should TM switch to a 3-6-1 under ghalenoi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should TM switch to a 3-6-1 under ghalenoi?

Like we all know, besides hashemian, we dont have any real talented professional striker.
    we also know that we have a lot, and i really mean a lot of talented, experienced, professional, energetic, young midfielders.

although im not a fan of a 1 striker formation, i was wondering how effective will it be if we switch to a 3-6-1 formation under ghalenoi even with our current players, something like this...

------------------------------talebloo--------------------------------
    --------------------------------fekri--------------------------------
    ----------------rezai---------------------------sadeghi-------------
    -------------------------------kazemi--------------------------------
    ----------kaabi-------teymourian------nekounam-------kia------
    --------------------------karimi----------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------hashemian--------------------------

considering mansour khan saying that kia was supposed to play as LB in worldcup becase he can dribble and cross with both feet, he can take the left flank while kaabi takes the right flank with our most solid defender, rezai covering behind him.

while kazemi stays behind covering up the defense, teymourian and nekounam can participate more freely in both offense and defense.

incase our offense doesnt produce enough, we can pull out kazemi, and bring in a forward like akbarpour or enayati or whoever, they all suck anywayz.

wat do u guys think of this formation??
    comments??
    variations??

P.S. when a player like jabbari or navidkia return to peak form, they can take nekounam's place and we can move nekounam one more step back to kazemi's place.
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

There are too many defensive player being used in your example. It only leaves Kaebi, Mahdavikia and Karimi to move the ball around the pitch considering Hashemian should stay up front and not fall back since he is our sole striker. Its made even worse by the fact that Kaebi and Mahdavikia are on the win and can be isolated as such. Karimi by himself in the middle would easily be crowded out of holding onto any posession.

The major problem is the use of three defensive midfielders, when in reality we should only be using one, two maximum, but only if the situation calls for it.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
      There are too many defensive player being used in your example. It only leaves Kaebi, Mahdavikia and Karimi to move the ball around the pitch considering Hashemian should stay up front and not fall back since he is our sole striker. Its made even worse by the fact that Kaebi and Mahdavikia are on the win and can be isolated as such. Karimi by himself in the middle would easily be crowded out of holding onto any posession.

The major problem is the use of three defensive midfielders, when in reality we should only be using one, two maximum, but only if the situation calls for it.
      thanx for the reply.

i understand ur point but dont u think nekounam and specially teymourian can help in moving the ball around in midfield??

and later when jabbari and/or navikdia return back to peak form?
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

3 defender line up is a huge mistake. No matter how many midfielders there are in the line up, we need a 4 defender system, plus 1 defensive midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadb
          3 defender line up is a huge mistake. No matter how many midfielders there are in the line up, we need a 4 defender system, plus 1 defensive midfielder.
          true, and i disagree with 3 defense system as well but we all know ghalenoi will be using only a 3 back system. so, considering this, wats ur opinion??
          ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
            thanx for the reply.
            i understand ur point but dont u think nekounam and specially teymourian can help in moving the ball around in midfield??
            and later when jabbari and/or navikdia return back to peak form?
            your welcome yashar.

I think players such as Nekounam and Teymourian are better at putting a stop to the opponents attack in the middle of the field and in a way connecting defense to midfield, but I don't think they are any good at directing the ball around the field in the capacity of a playmaker, which we saw in the game against Syria. A player such as Mobali even in his bad UAE form excelled at moving the ball around the midfield when compared to Teymourian and Nekounam against Syria.

I don't think either Jabbari or Navidkia are suitable for the defensive midfielder role. I would place Jabbari right behind the striker in an om role and Navidkia has a long way to go before I would allow him to play for tm.

Comment

your welcome yashar.
              I think players such as Nekounam and Teymourian are better at putting a stop to the opponents attack in the middle of the field and in a way connecting defense to midfield, but I don't think they are any good at directing the ball around the field in the capacity of a playmaker, which we saw in the game against Syria. A player such as Mobali even in his bad UAE form excelled at moving the ball around the midfield when compared to Teymourian and Nekounam against Syria.
              I don't think either Jabbari or Navidkia are suitable for the defensive midfielder role. I would place Jabbari right behind the striker in an om role and Navidkia has a long way to go before I would allow him to play for tm.
              ok, thanx for ur input again.

hehe, but u misunderstood me.
              i meant playing jabbari in place of nekounam in that formation, moving nekounam one step back to kazemi's place and putting kazemi on the bench. this wouldnt make jabbari play in defensive midfield.

------------------------------nekounam--------------------------------
              -------kaabi------------teymourian------jabbari-----------kia------
              ----------------------karimi----------------------------------------
              ---------------------------------hashemian--------------------------

ofcourse, we can even move jabbari forward, next to karimi and the 2 of them play behind hashemian.
              like this...

--------------------teymourian---------nekounam-----------------
              -------kaabi----------------------------------------------kia------
              ------------------jabbari---------------karimi--------------------
              ---------------------------hashemian--------------------------
              ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

I definitely like the idea of Kia on the left and Kaebi on the right, both as midfielders...if only ghalenoei would stop insisting on this 3-back system!...anyways, some good ideas there, i wouldn't mind the 3-6-1 if Hashemian is the lone striker, but i would never put any of our IPL players up there alone...they just don't have the quality to hold up play or finish or ..
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz
                  I definitely like the idea of Kia on the left and Kaebi on the right, both as midfielders...if only ghalenoei would stop insisting on this 3-back system!...anyways, some good ideas there, i wouldn't mind the 3-6-1 if Hashemian is the lone striker, but i would never put any of our IPL players up there alone...they just don't have the quality to hold up play or finish or ..
                  thanx for the input faraz jan
                  ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Personally I would prefer a more overwhelmingly offensive lineup such as this if we are using a one striker sytem, which would allow Kaebi, Mahdavikia and Karimi to maintain their chemistry while adding the passing and ball control of Manei and Madanchis aggressiveness as a threat on the left. Nekounam and Karimi would control the center of the pitch while Hashemian remains the target man.

-------------talebloo------------
                    --------------fekri---------------
                    ------rezai-------sadeghi--------
                    -----------nekounam------------
                    Kaebi-------------------Manei--
                    -------------karimi--------------
                    Mahdavikia-------------Madanchi
                    ------------hashemian----------

However, I have always believed that two striker systems work better in which case I would go with this formation.

--------------talebloo-------
                    ---------------fekri----------
                    ------rezai-----------sadeghi
                    ------------nekounam-------
                    Kaebi------------------Manei
                    -----------------karimi------
                    Mahdavikia------------------
                    ------hashemian----Oladi-

The addition of Oladi provides a player who has great ball control, strenght as well as deking ability which is sure to draw markers. Along with a similar player in Karimi who would also draw draw markers it would result in an open Hashemian. In case the markers stick to Hashemian it would leave an open Karimi availiable to jump into the play as well as threats from crosses supplied by Mahdavikia and Manei. Kaebi, Mahdavikia and Karimi are still in direct contact with each other which means we will maintain our strong right side. Nekounam could take shot from outside the box. This formation would in no doubt overwhelm the teams in our local area.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
                      true, and i disagree with 3 defense system as well but we all know ghalenoi will be using only a 3 back system. so, considering this, wats ur opinion??
                      Honestly, I am confused with GN. He had Niki, Sadeghi, Fekri and Shirzad (I think that's his name) on the defensive line (Niki would not move forward in the first half at all, midfield was as far as he was going) So I am not sure what kind of line up (formation) GN has in his mind. The formation against Syria was 3 defender formation although there were 4 defenders in the back. The right side defender was too close to the center field (which made me think it's a 3 defender formation) but then again I couldn't firgure out why Niki is not moving forward. (that's why I call it messy 3/5/2)

GN knows that he doesnot have to win against Korea. we MUST win against Syria in the return game. The reason I am saying that is because I think GN is going to put his "best players" on the field and be conservative with the formation. Which could mean a messy combo of 3/5/2 & 4/5/1 where depending on the situation of the game is going to change a bit.

I am sure if he lines players up like he did against Syria, we are going to be in trouble. If we lose badly against Korea (like 2-0 or 3-1) GN might be gone! If we win against Korea, Oh damn, who is gonna get rid of GN now. So I hope for a tie. GN is too.

Anyways this is how I would line them up,

-----------Mirza/Talebloo

Shirzad/Rezaie/Fekri (not by choice)/Sadeghi

--------------Nekounam ------------

Kia ---- Karimi ----- Teymourian

----VH ------Madanchi --------

Comment

I like the ideas of wing play, 10 men attacks, strong build ups, counter attacks etc. But with what we have whats the best formation and tactic. I hate using 1 striker in my formation, but I don't think anyone else deserves to be there. We have some sharp shooters in midfield and if they're allowed to push up then they can do some damage.

This formation uses the best players at our disposal with alot of speed on the wings to spread out the defence. With that extra bit of room, Nekounam-Mobali will have room to move. I think Karimi as a left winger/forward is his best position. We'll have Karimi attack the box with Hash waiting for the cross, Kia far corner, and Mobali-Nekounam lining up for blasts. We also have 2 very able and speedy wingbacks for those pesky counter-attacks and they can do damage aswell with crosses and shots. Although I would prefer to have a solid striker come on the scene, I think its best we go with this formation.

-----------Hashemian----------
                        Karimi-------Mobali----------Kia
                        -----------Nekounam-----------
                        Nikki-----------------------Kaebi
                        ----Sadeghi--Rezaei--Sohrab----
                        ------------Taleblou-----------
                        STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
                        A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Personally I would prefer a more overwhelmingly offensive lineup such as this if we are using a one striker sytem, which would allow Kaebi, Mahdavikia and Karimi to maintain their chemistry while adding the passing and ball control of Manei and Madanchis aggressiveness as a threat on the left. Nekounam and Karimi would control the center of the pitch while Hashemian remains the target man.
                          -------------talebloo------------
                          --------------fekri---------------
                          ------rezai-------sadeghi--------
                          -----------nekounam------------
                          Kaebi-------------------Manei--
                          -------------karimi--------------
                          Mahdavikia-------------Madanchi
                          ------------hashemian----------
                          However, I have always believed that two striker systems work better in which case I would go with this formation.
                          --------------talebloo-------
                          ---------------fekri----------
                          ------rezai-----------sadeghi
                          ------------nekounam-------
                          Kaebi------------------Manei
                          -----------------karimi------
                          Mahdavikia------------------
                          ------hashemian----Oladi-
                          The addition of Oladi provides a player who has great ball control, strenght as well as deking ability which is sure to draw markers. Along with a similar player in Karimi who would also draw draw markers it would result in an open Hashemian. In case the markers stick to Hashemian it would leave an open Karimi availiable to jump into the play as well as threats from crosses supplied by Mahdavikia and Manei. Kaebi, Mahdavikia and Karimi are still in direct contact with each other which means we will maintain our strong right side. Nekounam could take shot from outside the box. This formation would in no doubt overwhelm the teams in our local area.

personally, i think ur formation is way too offensive and any team, can screw us in counter attacks. it just reminds me of jordan at azadi, i dunno why.
                          i think we really need teymourian, infact, i personally think if we gonna have only 1 DM, i would go for teymourian, simply because of the fact taht he covers more ground and has more stamina, specially in a formation like urs where we have karimi who will for sure be walking in the field and create some void in the middle of the field.
                          however, i think having the combo of both teymourian and nekounam will tighten our midfield belt, and that will guarantee us to a huge extent our dominance over the midfield and ultimately, the control and tempo of the game.

however, i too prefer a 2 striker system and for me too, oladi is the best option, and if not him, then akbarpour because he can help us in the future with TM. the others are not worthy of being in the starters and why should we waste 1 spot for someone like khatibi who will be doing excess dribbling and losing the ball eventually. he doesnt score anywayz, so atleast lets give his spot to someone more effective for the team.

i personally am not very pleased with nikki, madanchi or manei. they are all good players, but i think if we play with the formation around, we can fit in a more deserving player in the starting 11 like teymourian while we still have suitable players for all our positions.

but anyways, thanx for ur time.
                          ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Originally posted by behzadb
                            Honestly, I am confused with GN. He had Niki, Sadeghi, Fekri and Shirzad (I think that's his name) on the defensive line (Niki would not move forward in the first half at all, midfield was as far as he was going) So I am not sure what kind of line up (formation) GN has in his mind. The formation against Syria was 3 defender formation although there were 4 defenders in the back. The right side defender was too close to the center field (which made me think it's a 3 defender formation) but then again I couldn't firgure out why Niki is not moving forward. (that's why I call it messy 3/5/2)

GN knows that he doesnot have to win against Korea. we MUST win against Syria in the return game. The reason I am saying that is because I think GN is going to put his "best players" on the field and be conservative with the formation. Which could mean a messy combo of 3/5/2 & 4/5/1 where depending on the situation of the game is going to change a bit.

I am sure if he lines players up like he did against Syria, we are going to be in trouble. If we lose badly against Korea (like 2-0 or 3-1) GN might be gone! If we win against Korea, Oh damn, who is gonna get rid of GN now. So I hope for a tie. GN is too.

Anyways this is how I would line them up,

-----------Mirza/Talebloo

Shirzad/Rezaie/Fekri (not by choice)/Sadeghi

--------------Nekounam ------------

Kia ---- Karimi ----- Teymourian

----VH ------Madanchi --------
                            before anything, that guy was not shirzad but shakouri, also from pas.
                            shirzad is a left footed LB, shakouri is a right footed RB who can also play CB in a 4 back system or a RD in a 3 back system.

yea, ghalenoi plays a 3 back system with nikki playing somewhere between the defense line and the midfield. officially, i think nikki plays as a midfielder but the fact that he hardly moved infront in the first half and also the fact that ghalenoi has given him the #3 jersey (usually worn by defenders) is quite weird. i personally believe ghalenoi had given the right flank to an experienced fit player like mahdavikia while the left flank to madanchi and nikki together to handle it.

but anyways, the formation i suggested (3-6-1) i think will be quite useful against korea specially since that we are playing away and the most logical aim would to get a draw in seoul. with 6 midfielders (2 or 3 DM watever), we can tighten the midfield belt and make sure we control the midfield which will eventually help us control the tempo of the game.
                            we cant really rely on counter attacks with this formation because our single striker isnt really the fastest of players and we have to rely on the speeds of kia and kaabi.
                            so we gotta rely on some individual brilliance by our players or some setpieces if we wanna really cause some nuisance for the korean defense and GK.

against syria, we need to go with 2 forwards, but 2 defensive midfielders, the 2 wings and 1 AM because we need to beat syria in damascus else we really have to commit suicide!!

thanx for ur post though agha behzad
                            ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
                              I like the ideas of wing play, 10 men attacks, strong build ups, counter attacks etc. But with what we have whats the best formation and tactic. I hate using 1 striker in my formation, but I don't think anyone else deserves to be there. We have some sharp shooters in midfield and if they're allowed to push up then they can do some damage.

This formation uses the best players at our disposal with alot of speed on the wings to spread out the defence. With that extra bit of room, Nekounam-Mobali will have room to move. I think Karimi as a left winger/forward is his best position. We'll have Karimi attack the box with Hash waiting for the cross, Kia far corner, and Mobali-Nekounam lining up for blasts. We also have 2 very able and speedy wingbacks for those pesky counter-attacks and they can do damage aswell with crosses and shots. Although I would prefer to have a solid striker come on the scene, I think its best we go with this formation.

-----------Hashemian----------
                              Karimi-------Mobali----------Kia
                              -----------Nekounam-----------
                              Nikki-----------------------Kaebi
                              ----Sadeghi--Rezaei--Sohrab----
                              ------------Taleblou-----------
                              first of all, sohrab bakhtiyarizadeh has retired, he wont be available for TM anymore.

Secondly, rezai i doubt can play sweeper position, he will most probably play in the position u have given to sohrab in ur formation there.

now, in my opinion, u have formed 2 strong wings for TM but a relatively weak central midfield which can be exploited by the opponent, and once we lose the battle inthe midfield, the opponent will start dictating its game on us which is not wat we want.

mobali doesnt deserve to start in my opinion specially when we have the likes of teymourian on the bench. in fact, i think teymourian will suit that formation of urs more than nekounam simply because he has more stamina and can cover more ground.
                              but i really cant see either of teymourian or nekounam being benched at the expense of players like mobali or even nikki.

maybe we can just replace mobali with teymourian, place him in the center with nekounam while maintaining our 2 good flanks. atleast these 2 can win more tackles in the middle of the field and destroy the opponents constructive plays and then move the ball to the wings and create an attack,

but this is just my opinion, thanx for ur input.
                              ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Working...
                              X