• Show
Clear All

Exclusive Shargh interview with Dadgan

very informative:

part I
    http://www.sharghnewspaper.ir/850601/html/sv1.htm

part II
    http://www.sharghnewspaper.ir/850601...v4.htm#s463245

utter garbage from a man who is responsible for a lot of damage done to our football !
    the scumbag is bloody shameless !

for example, " we didnt want TM to play clubs..." !!!!!!!!!!!

with such garbage from his mouth, I wonder why shahrdari's garbage collectors dont come and sweep him up and throw him in the tehran dumps !!

the maggot can have many companions like himself there, and feel at home !

Comment

You can Say DD really likes Dadkan!!!!!

Well, I read the interview. It to some degree shed lights about in the internal struggle that is going on without different fronts and bands within the Islamic Republic and Sazeman and Dadkan was just a sample of it.

I would like to take different angle though. I think it is a good tradition by the Shargh that has given a chance to Dadkan to tell his side of the story.

I think it is good to hear both sides of the story and realize that there is no absolute right or wrong. All we can do is to review the work of the past (in a critical but fair manner) and try to learn from their experience and keep reminding ourselves that no one is trying to commit treason or whatever, It is just we have different ways of doing things.

So, I have differences with Dadkan but I never beleive he did the "kheyanat" and all these heavy words. I hope we all use this approach in dealing with differences. Have a diaglouge rather than labeling and down with this down with that.

Some of the things One of the good things Dadkan mentioned was the fact that IPL kind of gettign more regular and organized. IPL has been postponded twice now under the new leadership in IFF.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

DD you should go really slow on your comments on him.
        He tried his best and from what I have read what sazman tarbiyat badani and the opposition did to tm and dadkn were all uncalled for. Dadkan was told to take tm to ardabil to play local clubs. What would you have said to that I wonder!!
        All in all please tone down as your knowledge of the situation on the details of the issue is limited.
        One thing that I am mad about and cant blame anyone but dadkan for it is that he supported Branko and made it too late to get rid of him but the whole thing of lack of professionalism and infrastructure cant be blamed on one man. He did his best and lets face it under him we went to WC.
        deerooz, emrooz, farda
        zeeremonan
        sheeshtayeea
        The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
        Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

well, when you add up all the damage done by him and his obstinate attitude, plus the timing of this interview ( after syria game) and ... , it just makes it that much harder to even allow him some amount of leaway and grace.

Comment

Superb Interview. I wish everyone reads this.

I do not 100% agree with what Dadkan said but this interview clearly shows how we went from a progressing federation and Tarbiyat Badani to these NAFAHM people today (aka Ali Abadi, Hashemi, etc)
            Last edited by Hadi; 08-27-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Some of you guys will wish for half Dadkan in the future.

With what we have in Iran, there are people ( with whatever Maraam) that are both informed and professional. Some of these people put their pride aside for the sake of giving as much as they possibly can to this nation. No professional in Iran would ever want to even work alongside some abdarchees of any task.

Sometimes, when one demands something, one should realistically think of the possibilities, the capacities and its ceilings. Some have mis-perception of these capacities and ceilings. And when we have that misperception, we are even more detrimental to ourselves than those Abdarchees to us. Cause those Abdarchees, alone, have no power. "We" actually are the tools by which they gain positions.

Some let people like AliAbaadi to basically ruin almost 5-6 years of a relatively high degree of professional trend in Iran. A trend that might have not been extremely successful, but it was a good trend. This trend was not supposed to continue with its same elements, but needed similar ones. That trend was basically shattered cause "Iran???????" could not beat "Mexico" in a single match in World Cup 2006 in Germany. This is utterly ridiculous.

For that single game, some assasinated almost every person who where part of that trend. And people who won this battle of a "single" game were people who in normal circumstances would not even qualify to either play or manage a third degree club in Iran.

Lets accept this fact. Our football needs Abdarchees. Because we feel secure in having an Abdarchee on top of our issues when we face the likes of "Mexico" or "Syria" and we loose. Cause then, there is always a valid source to put the blame on and therefore we still avoid revealing our "Own" incapabilities and insufficiencies.

If this is not "Narcistic", then what is it?
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

the people that have taken over the government, since last summer, have replaced everyone that has slightest disagreement over Politics, Religious issues, social issues ..etc.

The replacment of Dadkan had nothing to do with Mexico game. Even if Iran had beaten Mexico, Portugal and angola and had advanced to the second round and won, The new morons who run the country would have fired Dadkan's group.

I am not a fan of dadkan, infact I criticized him and (still do) for many things that he could have done better and he ignored it because he is LAJBAZ. But the new people are just dumb and uneducated and know nothing about FootbaLL.

I just hope someone better than what we already have, ends up becoming the head of IFF and I hope that AFC/FIFA can enforce their rule and cut the hands of Tarbiat Badani, although I doubt it.

Side note: I really would like it if Dadkan continues to talk about this and brings the fight to the Media. Dadkan has strong people behind him as well so he can put up a fight and at least some of the issues will be opened up to the public.

Comment

This was the best interview I've red in long long time. You don't neccessary need to agree with him but for me, many pointes were raised and cleared after I red it. And I agree with some here that we will definitly beg for Dadkan or someone like him to come back. You guys will see very soon. This Gomrokchie scumbag (Mostafavi) and likes him are disease to our Football.

Once again, Excellent Interview by Shargh.

Comment

Thanks GK jaan for putting this up.

Well said Soheil jaan.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                    Go IRAN!

Comment

Wound is too fresh, I for one never beg for likes of Dadkan

It is like Khomaini came with his Islamic revloution and did so many things that many Iranian half jokingly after the revloution were singing:

Ay Shah khooban bargard be Iran

Koushtee Javanan Vatan Eybee Nadarh
                      Kardi Hezaran Tan Kafan Eybee Nadarh
                      Bargard Shah, Bargard Shah, etc.

Now maybe and just maybe AliAbai Hashemi and likes of him do the same. But nevertheles please don't make a saint out of Dadkan and ask for his return. The same way that Khomaini and his Hezbollahi follower mess ups doesn't justify Shah's return, If the current IFF screws up, it won't justifies Dadkan IFF performance.

Sorry, I don't want to insult anyone's political affilation and just used this example as a historic reference.

I read his interview, all there is in interview is trashing AliAbadi and Sazeman Tarbeeyat Badani. I didn't see any fair critical analysis of his own work.

And Sohail Jaan, no one expected we MUST beat Mexico, what we expected was our team play soccer like the first half of the Iran Mexico game. We paid the goddamn Branko and Dadkan and Faraki and Shahroouki and the whole god damn coaching staff to atleast have them prepared to run for 90 minutes. Do what the Komasi does at least. Run them in the hills. So these guys can run for 90 minutes. Lot of you guys here criticize Komasi not being from football and his conditioning isn't good for football. Fair enough, let the so called professoer!!! Branko at least get couple of god damn Cooper tests from the god damn players and realizes his team isn't a 90 minutes team.
                      No Soahi Jaan, no one expected we beat Mexico, what I expected was our team play like the first half of the game against Mexico and even loose 4-1 or 4-0 for that matter. I would have held my head high and would have said we played the game. The beautiful game, the way Johan Kryff thinks this game needs to be played. All I wanted was for Iran plays soccer and don't show up to the games as if they shit their pants even before showing up to the game, cause Mexico is 6th or 4th or Portugal is 2nd blah blah. Iran lost to Youguslavia and Germany in 1998, no one blamed them and no one asked for Jalal Talebi's head. Cause our team played soccer for what they could at least. With Branko and Dadkan's gang it was a diff story.

Sohail Jaan, you must be old enough to remember Egypt Ireland game in 1982 Wc I think. Egypt scored one goal and then they defended all 11 players in their own 18 yards. That is kind of soccer I hate. At least Egyptiens were defending pationatly (kind of the way Angolans did). We did the same. Let me correct myself were even worst. We weren't even pationate even about defending.

AliAbadi aiint' good, GN is such and such, Hashemi and Mostafavi are all garbage whatever you say is right, but this won't justify Branko/Dai/Dadkan and what their socalled performance in WC2006. Wound is too fresh, please no salt on it.
                      We Iranians and most people in general are kind of forgetful and tend to be forgiving. But this wound is too fresh, so please don't make a fallen hero out of Dadkan's Federation.

One of the biggest joke Dadkan mentioned was the so called "salem Sazi" in IFF. What a big joke. What about Khossravi's Situation? This guy was among the top Iranian refs and all of a sudden they don't let him be a ref. If his federation had an Iota of interest in the so called "salem sazi', please publicly declare what this guy has done. No one even says what is going on? All one hears is Enayet in the Referee comittle says Khossravi better retires. Look at the Sanat Naft Rahahn Fiasco. This so called Hezbollahis at least followed the law they kicked Nozhan out promoted Dayheem in their place since Nozahn used an illegal players. I wish Dadkan's IFF had done the same (follow the rule of law).

To be honest I think the whole Switzerland Camp was a waste of money and time and all it had for Iran was two injured players (jabbair being one). I hate hezboolah and haven't gone back to Iran for more than 20 years because, I don't want to sign anything that I follow their rules and all that, so don't accuse me of being their supporters. Having said that, I think Camp in Aradabeel, due to similarity of weather with Germany made sense at that time. So even if a Hezbollahi says something right (in my opinion), I Listen to him rather than making it a ideological battle. It the same waste of money that Abomoslem goes to Austria while they can't pay their players Salary, or Messe Kerman or even Esteghlal or PP go outside Iran, while they haven't paid their players or coaches salary from couple of years ago (Zarrincheh still hasn't been paid from Roland Kokh years). That is the biggest joke.
                      I am not going to list all the other mess ups at the U18 and u16 level. Fact that they didn't pay or even signed any coach for the U18 team (firstRooshan and then Brazilians left) then they didn't sign with Ghasempoor and NamjooMotlagh for more than 6 months until Ghasempoor left and coached a second division team and NamjooMotlagh is coaching the Shahrdari Bandar Abbas or some southern city. They didn't pay them a dime. Even when Ghasem poor left, NamjooMotlagh kept the team for a month together without being paid. With all the money from the FIFA for getting to WC and goal project by FIFA in iran, couldn't they pay a decent money to Ghasempoor or NamjooMotlagh? Now we have less than 2 months to the Asian youth championship, the new IFF bring this Brazilian guy and we have to start all over again?
                      Do I need to mention Ahmadzadeh our u16 coach that isn't paid properly, so he is waiting to finish with the team and join Malavan. Actually, he already did sign with Malavn. Now funny is the fact that Malavan supposedly hasn't paid the salary of his players from last season. Yet AhamadZadeh finacial situation in our u16 must be so bad that he is ready to join Malavan with (the bad record of Malavan paying coaches and players) and not working with the U16 national team.

Sohail Jaan, you are a great guy and have good intention and you are beating a dead horse with lsupporting like of Dadkan and Branko. They were/are SOBs like the other SOBs.
                      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

soheil jan, you talk about "progressive trend" .

what I want to know is what are these trends that escaped most of us ?

apart from all the valid points ali jan brought forth, I'd like to mention the following:

if it is the pro league, then it cannot be attributed to dadkan, as it was farahani who laid the foundation, set the principals and rules, and guidelines for it before dadkan took over.

-----------------

if it is having an acceptable and respectable location for national teams ( i.e camps, training ground, proper facilities, offices, ... etc. ) , then again, it was farahani who did it.

-------------------

in national level, all I see is a REGRESS ( as compared to the progress ) in terms of investing in youth teams and actually paying any attention to these infrastructural teams ( of the future ), as all our youth teams did badly, and one after another were knocked off the international qualifiers for various WC's.
                        remember, under farahani ALL our youth teams actually reached the respective WC's.

----------------

if it is at club level, we see the same stagnation and lack of upholding of the principles of a "PRO" league exercised by dadkan's fed'n, as they failed to enforce the set of rules laid down for all PRO clubs to become professional to its fullest POSSIBLE form.

-----------------

if it is the asian club comp'ns, then again dadkan's lack of interest and failure to show any support for many of our country's representatives ( sepahan, zob, .... ) shows how incompetent and useless his fed'n has been.

--------------

btw, shall we talk about "corruption" and mis-use of power and wrong/biased application of rules and regulations in many cases, such as rah-ahan vs. naft, and .... ?

-----------------

or maybe we shd talk about their utter inability to arrange the much needed trial games and friendlies for the WC-going TM, ... even BEFORE AN opened his mouth ?

----------------

perhaps we have to talk about how our best ever OMID team was mismanaged , starting from a YEAR before the qualifiers, where we were knocked out due to irrational placement of coaches, illogical suspension of Omid team camps for almost a year, lack of attention and preparation for the team, even close to the qualifiers, ... ?

---------------

I won't even go into his destructive laj-baazi to persist with a coach, whose trends clearly predicted a disaster and failure at the WC , for us.
                        how he belittled all fans and Iranians as "ignorant of football", to justify his decision to stick with that failure, branko.
                        how he offended everyone who criticised and discussed the signs of the impending doom, and paid NO HEED whatsoever, to all the constructive dialogue and criticism.
                        thus, making him one of the most responsible parties for our failure at the WC.

----------------

I also doubt you'd like to talk about how he ( and branko ) mismanaged TM before the WC, hence putting us at a huge disadvantage right NOW:

cancelling/postponing TM's game against korea, which would have served as an excellent warm-up trial for TM , in march ( can anyone spell "wimp" or "traitor" for me, plz? ), and accepting a later schedule ( when they both knew they'd be out of their jobs, so "who cares anyway", huh? ) where the team has to make TWO trips ( ) , one in FAR EAST and one in FAR WEST ( ) of asia, .... (hold on , there's more ) ... both games within 4 ( I repeat FOUR ) days only ( ) !!!

why?
                        coz they were afraid of being tested.
                        also they didnt care what would happen to TM, with such horrendous scheduling, AFTER the WC !!
                        ( I wonder how you can expect ppl to even show mercy for such scumbags !! )

----------------

so if we do away with rhetorics and generalizations, and look a little deep, we'll see there's not one thing that dadkan can boast of.
                        and certainly the word "progress" cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as the word "dadkan" !

unless we try so hard to somehow twist and turn, to find a way to credit the absolute easiest grouping for our TM, in WCQ's to dadkan's and branko's luck.

yes.
                        this, I think we all can agree on.
                        they were mighty lucky.

but luck does not translate or indicate progress.
                        does it ?

I would really .... REALLY be interested to know exactly where his fed'n has shown anything even close to progress !!
                        Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 08-28-2006, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I think the biggest problems we are facing (and have been facing for a long time) is the extend of Selfishness among Men who run things. None of them have any real respect or appriciation for the other. Each claims to know better and more accomplished than the other. None of them talk about the REAL ISSUES and problems in any aspect of our football , Sports in general.
                          they are all know it all and noone else knows as much as they do.

Why don't we see TEAM WORK from our men in Charge? One group goes and another one comes to bash the previous group and brag about what they are gonna do (all being Sho-ar).

I am yet to find a man that is not afraid to SPEAK UP about the problems.
                          Why don't TM have any friendlies planed in it's Calendar?
                          Why can't OUR LEADERS show any sort of team work in solving the problems?
                          Why did MR. NOAMOOZ, who brought Mostafavi to IFF (TWICE) in the past trash talks him after he was selected by someone else to become the DABEER of IFF?
                          Why doesn't Noamooz come out and STATE clearly what is wrong with Mostafavi and if he doesn't want to do that, then why does he bother saying "I made a mistake brining Mostafavi to IFF in the past", and leaves it at that?
                          Why is it that when one group leaves and another group takes over, it's a NEW start from ZERO?

Why is it that everytime these guys talk, it's always like, "I will tell you later". I think Dadkan had a great 3.5 years of support to FIX some of these OLD problems about unclarity of responsibilities of people in charge and "Root" problems with the ECONOMICS of sports in our country. He wasted the time with , "we are ranked 22" garbage.

Mr. Safai-Farahani was the man in charge of IFF and Dadkan back then was the BIGGEST Critic of IFF. As soon as he became the head of IFF, he was on the defensive with the SLIGHTEST criticism. (I WONDER WHY).

As I have said before, UNTIL our men in charge of the decisions stop all this "khaleh Zanak Bazi" , and until they start speaking up about the REAL problems and face the conseuences like men, we will not progress.

now , we can go ahead and beat Korea 3-0. Nothing will happen. We already beat them 6-2 and 4-3 and we see where we are with our football progress.

Comment

I think it is matter of education and having a role model

Thanks to Behzad for listing many of the real issues with our football as well. I totally agree with like 100% of what he wrote. However, I would like to beg to shed a new light on the root cause (atleast partly). What Behzad listed as "Khaleh Zanak Bazi "and "is the extent of Selfishness among Men who run things." in my opinion the rootcause is far beyond that.

I think the main issues are lack of education (having education is not just having a BS and MS), level of backwardness, lack of role model, years and years of dictatorship, lack of respect of individuality and differences. Having a role model helps our so called leaders see and learn from them (planning, being realistic, punctuality). We (most of us) live in west and are lucky to see and learn from westerners, and then expect that people in Iran who dont' have this role model to operate in a different paradigm.

Another issue is level of progress in the society. A more advanced society like West needs and demands, planning, punctuality in order to work like a clock. Look at the leagues, one knows such and such a team in NBA will play on FEb 2007 at 7:30 in Staple center in LA. A less advanced semi feudal society in Iran (where the farmer could go to work anytiem he wants), doesn't use as much planning and time managment and punctuality. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying planning and punctuality is bad, all I am saying is to try to see the root cause of this culture of lack of planning and discipline in our country.

Certain notions, issues like planning, time management, punctuality, human rights come with a certain level of progress in the society. Look at women right. It didn't start to emerge until at certain stage of growth of capitalisem they needed the female work force and then women got their economic independence (to a certain level) and then things started to snowball. Abstract notions like nationality didn't exist until 15-16th century. If you read Hafez, he only talks about Shiraz and other places he visited not Iran per se. You don't see a concept of nation and geographical boundry called Iran in his writing. Shahnameh even talks heck of a lot about Jamsheed and Rostam than a so called country Iran (except when it is fight with Touran). You see refrences to Shah and ruler but then again that was in the context of the guy who was locally running things. There had to be telegraph, railway,etc until people from a country travel and kind of see things beyond their village and city and think about a more abstract notion like Country.

Why are we going far? Compare a couple getting married in US with one who are getting married in Iran. The US one probably date of marriage is set at least a year a head. Invitations are sent a year in advance and all the details are worked out. (Actually this is more prelevent in the Anglo Saxon culture British, and USA and Germany). We see less of this in Latin culture.
                            In the Iranian version of wedding, none of the details are worked out and somehow everyone at the last minutes puts in a heroic effort to make things done.

Bottom line, I think this lack of planning and lack of team work is partly a cultural issue, partly a degree of civilization and progress in the society and partly an educational issue. One can't underestiamte the years and years of dictatorship in Iran that resulted in a culture of lack of creativity and take charge attitude. Or if we try to be creative and take charge it is to the price of excluding others. To top that off, we have back stabbign and selfishness and lack of experience of dialgoue and thinking we are the best and end result is the situation we see in our country (IFF being one example).

In summary, I feel the whole Iranian nation in a way are a victim of the situation and have no grudge against Dadkan or Hashemi or Mostafavi. I am hoping Iraninas who are outside Iran try to bring the seeds of these new ideas as much as they can and spread the seeds of team work, dialogue and mutual respect, staying away from labling each other etc and present an alternative to the folks in Iran.

I think, that is why the role of Iranian expats could be very very important in the future of Iran. We without being the know it all, need to act as a bridge of communication between the thristy (figuratively) iranian inside Iran and the rest of the world.

Ali

sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys:

Before I try to reply to each of your points based on my own observations and oppinions, I would like to mention one thing that I have mentioned probably many times. To my amazement (which I am now very cool about it knowing our people a bit better than yesterday), there are still some clear mis-perceptions about my directions towards things.

I talk about "trends". I clearly recognize the problems involved with it and I would never deny it. But in todays Iran (with many regrets), things are measured in "relative terms". In my opinion and in terms of social, technological, political and to some extent cultural level, we are so deficient that when comparisons are made, the reference point should be ridiculously low. Based on our inherent capabilities, we achive much higher levels in a short time IF we recognize our true status in everything we do. "Confession" is always the first step toward "Progression". This is the "MOST BASIC" requirement for a successful way to solve "problems".

Some of you regard this "confession" as a problem by itself. This in fact is the "MOST IMPORTANT" cultural deficiencies we face as a nation. Some of us regard "confesssion" as declaration of "inferiority" and hence we avoid it. Some use it to actually gain an status that they dont really deserve by using it to blame "others".

Talking about "relativity", let me give you a simple example. During Branko and Dadkan era, we started a good trend of monitoring players with scientific approach. Each player had a separate file, their progress was documented, their medical reports and tests were taking using already existing or newly bought tools and machines. As I write these stuff, I am laughing. Cause all these are so ordinary even in colleges in modern countries. But for us? At the highest level of football in a country, these are exciting news. This is basically one step above zero. It should be viewed as that, accepted as that and most important of all, be regarded as a "progressive trend". Nevertheless, its only one step forward and more importantly it is a step above "zero".

Each step takes a long time to be achieved. Destroying it takes "seconds". It is completely up to "us" to get it started and to stop it. For that, first we need to "confess" to lack of certain stuff and then we need to increase our understanding of what realistically is available to us, where we stand and who should be the means for it. We should also understand that whatever we do, we need to be relative in determining its success. Our reference point must be "us" and not "Germany". Germany and most of Europe (In footballing issues) are our "teachers" and we are "students". This is something we also mix up a lot. When comparison is made, it should made against other students and not the "teachers".

I read your comments and I certainly enjoy and learn alot from your abilities to diagnose certain problems. At the same time, I am amazed of the solutions you give for those problems. You sometimes give solutions that is actually the problem itself in the first place.

Ali Jaan:
                              "One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter." What me and you see as a success is not necessarily the definition of success in the eyes of a professional.

Coaches in professional world are evaluated based on their results. So they do almost everything for that. We may not be very sad if we play good and loose. But for a coach, its rather different. They are sad if they loose. Its irrelevant of how nice their team plays. Playing nice is something that can be hopefully fixed later. But a result can not be changed.

Dadkan, in his interview, talked about "Karshenasee". This a word that we rarely have in many fundamental issues in our football. This means that evaluating anyones performance is not a crime. But the institute that makes that evaluation must have the "quality" to do the job. They have to be at least one step better than people involved to make that evaluation.

I have nothing against AliAbadi, Mostafavi, Komasee, or GhaleNoi and I do not evaluate their intentions in a negative way. All I say is that many of these people do not have the quality to either evaluate or run the highest institution that football can produce in a country.

Ali jaan. I read your comments. I have tremendous repect for you and your point of views and I am happy to have the privilige to have an exposure and learn from you. But, I am very saddened when I see you refer to a few who have done so much ( relative to the level we are) as "gangs".

Dadkan Ali jaan is a very firm religious man. What you see of him is how he was since birth. He was not a rebell or a revolutionary type. He was a firm believer. I can assure you, Ali jaan, that the man and his colleagues worked "khaalesaaneh and mokhlesaaneh" in this federation. Dadkan, Ali jaan, was against favoritism, corruption and taking sides even before revolution. During his entire job as head of federation, he fought for all the rules and applied it uniformly accross the board. The "Sanat e Naft" issue is something that one needs to have a clear understanding f the opposite side to have an objective view of them. I hope he also reveals that. Remember this though, that Dadkan fought for it. In Iran, nothing is definite. If you want to do something, you NEED to give away a few. Thats a problem deep inside the society. Its not a matter that they can solve. Branko Ivankovic was a dedicated man too. He really worked hard for this team and he was in a very good terms with his boss throughout these years. They may have failed to reach the second round in WC, but this does not mean they should be regarded as "gangs". For the love of god Ali jaan, we should criticise and ask for changes. But we should stop this assasination of characters when the guilty party is actually a victim himself.

Ali jaan. There are a lot of things done for our youth teams. There was a long term plan for them. Step by step to get them where they deserve to be. If you remember, Simonez (A very successful foreign coach Iran had so far) was very agitated when he learned about the changes in Iran football federation. Do you ever wondered,why?

You talk about being hurt for our World Cup Performances Ali jaan. I believe, this is a personal issue. It stems from what I considered above as the lack of "confession". Dadkan, now, was the first official in the history of our football, and in my oppinion, with a lot of gutts to confess to that by saying that our country is not yet at the level to appear in the second round of world cup. That needs a lot of things that we lack tremendously.

Ali jaan, have you ever asked yourself why there is always two kind of "huge" headlines in world cup at early stages? One saying "Korea Republic made it to the last 16" and the other saying "France failed in group stages". For each instance, there is a reason. When a Asian team makes it to second round of world cup, it is considered a "tremendous achievement". When some European teams fail to reach the second round, it is considered a "huge disaster". Let me tell you something. Neither "tremendous achievements" or "huge disasters" are common news in the world of football. They are rarities that makes huge headlines in newspapers. So, Ali jaan, you as a countryman can be a "little dissapointed" that Iran did not make it to second round or basically displayed a very good football despite loss, BUT you should not be hurt.

What should actually hurt you is to see the helm of your team given to people who have "absolutely" no qualification to go a centimeter better for the next world cup. That, I can understand.

Once again Ali jaan, I do not support Dadkan and Branko per se. I support a trend and I rebel against anything disrupting it. If you read my previous post, I clearly said that. I talked about changing elements. But I support a change that continues a trend that may have looked upon as a failure, but deep withing, it "was" positive. Because I dont see our deserved achievements coming for the next 10 years evenif we possessed perfect conditions. But the curve should steadily increase.

PS: Your second post was the best I have ever read from you so far. Good job and very very true.

Doki jaan:
                              Many of the points you said has already been answered here an there. Some of what you said was/is the truth too.

But be sure of one thing Doki jaan. As I said before, the points you raise will increase in number for the next few months to come.

As i said above, its about relativity. Noone actually says that everything was perfect. If one has 1000 problems, solving 10 of them may not look like any achievement. The other 990 is still problems that merrits criticisms. But one should be very careful in criticising those 990 in a vicious manner. Cause, with the situation we have in iran and based on our cultural values, we may do something that takes us back to 1000 and beyond, when we could push in a way that we could go down to 980 in the next 4 years time.

Thats all I can say and I wish success for Iranian football with whoever takes on the helm. But I feel educated enough to know what are the "basic' elements for that success. And I refuse to surrendor myself to "ghaza va ghadar" anymore. Otherwise, I dont see the use of my education and experience in an advanced world that I gained so far.

Behzad jaan:
                              I loved your second post too. I have my version for what you said and I will refer to it a little later on. However, first a couple of issues.

I strongly believe that there was no way for AliAbadi and co. to replace the federation IF we have advanced to the second round by beating Mexico. However, they did not need to do much to achieve what they planned way before world cup. Cause it was almost inevitable that we will fail.

Also, what you expect from some of those officials like Noamouz, dadkan and co. has been done here and there. Its just that those staements, even when they are done to clear minds about certain issues, is not acceptable by us. When Dadkan and Branko refer to the fact that Mexico and Portugal are not teams that we should expect to beat or even play good against, we put this fact as a sense of "inferirity" and "fear". We fail to see the meaning behind it that says " Well, dont expect too much. We are not that ready. We need to have better means to get there."

Now for your second post. Behzad jaan, I completly agree with you on that. I think what you said stems from how "change" is defined in our culture versus the western culture. While the advanced social societies achieve "change" with "negotiations" (Constructive way), we would want to achieve it with "wars" (Destructive way).

Therefore, in advanced societies, except for some rare incidences in the past history, changes are achieved by maintaining the base and good trends and advancing a few elements of it, we see change as destroying everything about a previous trend and building from zero. In doing that we do another big mistake. we use elements that are already used and failed in the past in hope that they have learned their lessons. So it basically goes like this: "Ya emame zaman, ya Ali, bereem jolo bebeeneem chee meesheh".

What is heartbreaking in this is not our definition of change all by itself. It is actually the fact that "we", the normal citizens of this society or culture, "believe" in such a definition of change. To almost all of us, change means starting from absolute zero. This hold true in social level, political level and all aspects of our lives.

The above is "the reason" why we never progress in anything we do. Cause we constantly and naturally "change" (as many societies do), but in doing that we always go back and start from scratch and worst of all, we use obsurd elements for it.

We need to stop this. We need to condemn this trend at its birth. For the sake of short term success due to the nature of a change, we should not sacrifice our long term future and progress.

many of the points you mentioned are valid. But, unfortunately, those are nothing that can be solved. People like Noamouz or Dadkan or Branko are also the victims of it and "not" the causes of it. It will never be a realistic issue to expect them to overcome diseases affecting the fundamentals of our society. The only expectation we can have is for them to still survive and move in bits despite the disease. To a large extent, I think all the mentioned above achieved that.

Thank you guys and sorry for the long post.

Comment

Working...
                              X