Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you review Ghalenoei's performance after the Korea game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by behzadb
    I give you an example:
    Ali Karimi is known to be a great Iranian player. Asian player of the year, the Jadoogar, and this and that. Karimi, supposedly , put on the proper Soccer shoes for the first time in his life when he was 15 years old. He may be an exception is some ways, but I say, imagine how good he would have been if he was properly trained and was able to use proper TOOLS (fields, shoes .etc) from the age of 8 or 9.

Very valid point and my comment is by no means to refute your comment. Having said that, right now, in USSF (United States Soccer Federation) there is a comittee that studies the organized soccer from younge age Vs. unorganized fun type of soccer. Right now in lot of youth courses they keep reminding us about the danger of over coaching. They start to realize when you put the kid from get go in thsi organized soccer, he doesn't learn to improvise. Furthermore, there is a huge drop out for younger soccer players right around the age of 13-14 in US at least. USSF attributes part of it to over coaching and not promoting improvision and creativity by the youth level coaches. Of course part of this is many of these young guys who are great athelet join other sports who has more financial rewards.

Although, I can't and wo't deny the value of organzied soccer at youth, however there is a danger of overcoaching and turning the kid to play a machinistic, zombie type soccer.

The kids in Iran play it for fun and that is why they excel, I guess I am trying to say, there is a middle ground. In US, almost every USSF literature is focusing to make soccer training more fun and ball control skills.

Pretty much these days, no real coach make the kids to run laps around the field. All the conditioning is being done with the ball. so the guy practices scissor move or Kryuf move while running up and down the field.

Again this posting is not to deny the benefits of organized soccer, but merely to share part of my experience about pitfalls of organized soccer too early.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
      Although, I can't and wo't deny the value of organzied soccer at youth, however there is a danger of overcoaching and turning the kid to play a machinistic, zombie type soccer.

I pray to god to see the day that we have THAT problem.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadb
        I pray to god to see the day that we have THAT problem.
        Well said. Point taken.
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

not positive.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Working...
          X