Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
    very dangerous attitude to have.
    It's this kind of thinking that bars and impedes progress, as we push the idea of not being able to go higher into our psyche !

I say we are certainly capable of doing far better than what we've seen.
    and that's the truth.
    it may be dangerous...but the truth is never always safe...unless we get more professionals and the inner powers diminished, our football will always remain where it is. actually, i'm suprised we've been doing as well as we have!

and on WHAT basis do you make your last statement? what evidence do YOU personally have that we COULD potentially do better?[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
    I dont think GN is "struggling in asia" either.
    what do you call struggle?
    1-1 with syria?
    heh!
    how about 1-0 loss to jordan in tehran ?

if the draw in GN's debut is to be deemed "struggling" ... then the loss at azadi ( after a great many undefeated games ) after so many months ( count Ciro's tenure also ) of being at the helm of the team shd be taken as an outright DISASTER and CATASTROPHE !
    do I hear you call it that ?
    of course...i made sure to call it a disaster...the 1-0 loss to jordan is completely inexcusable...but freak accidents do happen...

Italy and LITHUANIA TIED 1-1...the WORLD champions!
    And Branko more than made up for it with the win in Jordan, so let's start telling the WHOLE story, no?

and if anything, you are the one who always said let's NOT just look at the results, and instead, focus on how the team plays. after watching the syria and korea matches, WHAT do you make of how we played? seriously, do you think we have progressed AT ALL?

the 1-1 draw in korea was a freak accident, and we all know that...it was not a good performance by ANY MEANS, and our asses got saved by Hashemian's brilliant and opportunistic strike...

if you are unwilling to give credit, and judge without bias when it comes to the whole branko situation, then i'm afraid you are being as stubborn as the man himself!

again, I DO NOT THINK BRANKO SHOULD BE OUR COACH...coaches should be changed at the MOST every 3 years to inject new blood, motivation and change into the team, regardless of if they're winning or not. Branko had more than enough time.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

1- my take on syria game is right here on the board.
      you can read it again.

2- the topic of "drawing parallels between GN & branko" is also on the board, you can read my views on how wrong it is .

3- just as you said branko made up for it, I think GN made up for it too by drawing AT korea ( something that TM has not done in an official game in a very very long time ).

4-I also agree that coaches shd be changed every 3-4 years.
      unless they do a spectacular job and sustain that for the entire period.
      good call.

Comment

Working...
      X