Syria-Iran: What if we lose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria-Iran: What if we lose?

What if we lose? Won't it be a disaster?

Would you still support Ghalenoee and his decisions?

Would you still support his decision to invite his own old player despite having the slogan of rejuvenating the team? (and you still call the lad, a solid defender? despite giving sooti left and right and having Nosrati and Mirza making it up?)

Would you still support him of making substitution at minute 92? (what was it for? to deffend? of what? 1-0 loss? or to attack? for 1 minute?? or just to save his own arse?)

Would you still support him of his stupid 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 formation? going back to 1990 Ali Parvin's Ali-Asghari system?

Would you still support having a no-name and uneducated vatani coach? A coach of Tarbiat badani selection?

Would you still demand time for him to prove himself? Wasn't it enough for him to demolish whatever we earned during the past 5 years? (having absolutely no plans on set-pieces! Thank you Mr. Ghalenoee for achieving such an accomplishment.)
    VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

There we go another gloom and doom scenario. Guess Korea's gloom and doom wasn't enough. It is a soccer game anything can happen. I think Iran will do very well in Damescus btw.

If you don't like IFF, it is ok, but dont' try to weaken the team (with all this gloom and doom) to prove IFF leadership is bad.
    I dont' like IFF leadership either, but still support TM.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

So it's IFF who chooses Fekri to play?
      Or is it IFF who tells Ghalenoee to play 3-5-2?
      Or it's IFF who subs in a player in minute 92 to kill time!?

It's not IFF.
      It's Ghalenoee and his gang who are using TM as their laburatory. It's him and his gang who criticized the team before the WC to break the team's unity. Now look how they are struggling.

sure, IFF is horrible. no doubt. but is this guy big enough to lead our team? hell no. he wasn't big enough to play for team-melli, let alone coaching them!

Sorry, but even 3 games was A LOT for him.

you are right anything can happen, but at least we did not lose under Branko often. why not bringing a better coach than Branko? not a better coach than Ebrahimi!!

Comment

hala let s just wait for a while
        we can t change coaches NOW
        hopefully he ll improve
        I don t know

if we play like s...t again tomorrow
        then we really are screwed later on even if me make it there
        ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
          So it's IFF who chooses Fekri to play?
          Or is it IFF who tells Ghalenoee to play 3-5-2?
          Or it's IFF who subs in a player in minute 92 to kill time!?

It's not IFF.
          It's Ghalenoee and his gang who are using TM as their laburatory. It's him and his gang who criticized the team before the WC to break the team's unity. Now look how they are struggling.

sure, IFF is horrible. no doubt. but is this guy big enough to lead our team? hell no. he wasn't big enough to play for team-melli, let alone coaching them!

Sorry, but even 3 games was A LOT for him.

you are right anything can happen, but at least we did not lose under Branko often. why not bringing a better coach than Branko? not a better coach than Ebrahimi!!

Iran didn't play 3-5-2. Akbarpoor came at the 90th minute, so Iran can attack with three forwards. It wasnt' for time wasting?

I think Fekri played very well actually and people generally agree with my take, so you may want to watch the game again and then think about Fekri's peroformance for this one game at least.

Many Ex Branko fans in this forum claim GN is copying from Branko, so which one is it? He has made the TM laboratory for his experiments or he is shamelessly!!!!!! copying Branko? Poor guy can't be blamed for both at the same time?!!!!!!

You are totally free to dislike GN but right now before the game against Syria he won't be changed for sure. So please for the next 24 hours let's just support the team and our country (even if we don't like the coach).
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

What if we lose? Won't it be a disaster?

Would you still support Ghalenoee and his decisions?

Those are two different questions. Would it be a disaster? Sure it would. Would it be GN's fault? I don't know.

what if GN puts out the best formation and/or palyers and TM plays a good game and still looses. What then? It would still be a disaster, but wouldn't be unfair to blame it all on GN.

Even before TM played a single game with GN as the headcoach there were a number of reasons to criticize GN. Like selection of Ebrahimi, Peyrovani, the team Anaylists, some of the selections like NIKI, and Fekri while a younger and very good Sepehr Heidary was available. But I guess we gotta wait before we start bashing him. I waited 3 years before I sarted asking for Branko's Firing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
              Iran didn't play 3-5-2. Akbarpoor came at the 90th minute, so Iran can attack with three forwards. It wasnt' for time wasting?

I think Fekri played very well actually and people generally agree with my take, so you may want to watch the game again and then think about Fekri's peroformance for this one game at least.

Many Ex Branko fans in this forum claim GN is copying from Branko, so which one is it? He has made the TM laboratory for his experiments or he is shamelessly!!!!!! copying Branko? Poor guy can't be blamed for both at the same time?!!!!!!

You are totally free to dislike GN but right now before the game against Syria he won't be changed for sure. So please for the next 24 hours let's just support the team and our country (even if we don't like the coach).
              Ali Agha,

Let me first ask you who are we fooling with "So please for the next 24 hours let's just support the team and our country (even if we don't like the coach)"? Do you really think every single TM players have a worldwide wireless PDA with Internet to check PFDC's F+ forum and get charged up? or do you think that if Hassan or Taghi from Vancouver feel good and charged up 24hrs before the game, this positive spirit flies over the sky and lands on TM and tadaaaa: TM wins 7-0? or even the opposite, if I bash Ghalenoee, Syrian players get charged up (using the same internet system and ...)?

Anyways...

Akbarpour didn't come in at 90th minute, it was 91-92. I am positive about that cuz I watched the clock on TV. doesn't really matter though. Do you honestly think Ghalenoee wanted to change the system to 4-3-3 in the last 2-3 minutes of the game and score!?!? honestly? or it was just to save his back and say "oh, we tried playing offensively, but it didn't work! did you see, we played with 3 forwards"

Regarding Fekri, isn't he 37? lets assume he is Fabio Cannavaro (based on your observations) do you really think that we should keep him for AC? if not, then why not giving playing time to Nosrati and other youngsters to fit in the team? Now, based on my observations for the last 3 games, he not only is not TM caliber, but also slows down the team's movement. He pulls the team back to the 18 yrs. that's why the distance between our halfbacks and forwards is too much. halfbacks have to go back to defend and forwards have to fill halfbacks' spaces. and what was that shot??!?! he wants to score from 40 meters???? and he is smart?

Yes aziz, TM plays 3-5-2 based on Ghalenoee's statement. at least he meant to form it that way! but in the second half, he finally "az roo raft" and changed it back to 4 defenders formation. and guess what? Nosrati as left back (ding ding, where are the critics?) Kaebi as right back. huuuuum looks familiar, right? and the left side freeway was blocked by this little change.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadb
                Those are two different questions. Would it be a disaster? Sure it would. Would it be GN's fault? I don't know.

what if GN puts out the best formation and/or palyers and TM plays a good game and still looses. What then? It would still be a disaster, but wouldn't be unfair to blame it all on GN.

Even before TM played a single game with GN as the headcoach there were a number of reasons to criticize GN. Like selection of Ebrahimi, Peyrovani, the team Anaylists, some of the selections like NIKI, and Fekri while a younger and very good Sepehr Heidary was available. But I guess we gotta wait before we start bashing him. I waited 3 years before I sarted asking for Branko's Firing.
                Behzad jan,

in Jordan's game that we lost 1-0, we not only didn't play bad, but also dominated the whole game. but we lost. Who was to blame?

A no name coach has to give a good impression right in the beggining. where is it? Changing a modern system to an ancient system is not a good impression! Look at Donadoni, he is struggling too, but he is not changing the system. he is not changing the structure of a team built in 3 years.

Thank to Ghalenoee, we are losing whatever we built during 4-5 years (i.e. experty in set-pieces) Thank to Mister, we are going back to 1990 of Parvin's era.

No aziz jan, I see no future in this guy. You all can wait and get disappointed again and again.

but please, if we won the game tomorrow, don't get happy. after all it's the same third rated Syria team.

Comment

LOL@ the 92nd minute Sub.
                  I am thinking he was so lost that he forgot to make the sub earlier.
                  Our left side was an even Bigger joke compared to Branko's time (Nikbakht got an absolute 0 from me) and using Fekri makes me want to have Daie back.

Iran had no tactical plan, they could not even make more than 2 passes when they had the ball. Thanks to an out of shape Korean team and a great deal of luck, Ghalehnoyi escaped a certain defeat.

The only good thing was that TM had signs of their WC so they defended well just like they had done in the WC thanks to endless running of Teymorian and the good pressing of the team and experience of plyers like Mahdavikia and Rezaie.

If we lose to Syria, the Ghalehnoyi disaster will be complete. I count him as the luckiest TM coach ever right after Viera. TM played a horrible match and he got a point and now he is braging like he has won the world cup. I hope he knows the real state of TM and the large number of problems. I hope the good result doesnt make him forget the horrible quality of the match.

Comment

I honestly think there is no way we can lose. Now that we have Karimi, Rezaei and Vahid, I am certain we will win

I say 3-0

Comment

Well we were about to lose to Qatar and tie with Jordan.

And we actually Lost to Bahrain and Qatar and missed WC qualification so we don't exactly have a safe history.

Comment

but please, if we won the game tomorrow, don't get happy. after all it's the same third rated Syria team.
                        I actually wanted to ask you that myself. I was gonna ask you what if we won? What is that gonna mean as far as GN's abilities are concerned? As far as I am conceren, it means Nothing. We beat someone we were supposed to beat.

With your reference to Jordan game, of course results are ultimately counted for the coaches. But generally , a new coach is given a certain amount of time before he is judged on. I don't know if hiring an expensive foreign coach was such a smart move, considering lack of everything else in our country. maybe couple of years or one year before the WC. Of course the right way of doing it would be to hire a good foreign coach today and plan for 2010, but then again , this is Iran we are talking about. And wasteing money on foreign coach, without having the infrastructer to plan for 2010 is just not very smart.

Once the decision was made to go with a Vatani coach, it almost didn't matter who takes the job. the work was gonna be done by a large coaching staff. (there are 10 right now).

Of cousre I would have prefered somone like Zolfaghar Nasab with Cherghpour, Mohases and the likes as his assistnats! maybe even Hejazi. But those who voted thought GN is their man. The truth is that he came very close (closer than anyother coach) to having won 3 IPL cups. Two of them were snatched away in last seconds of the last games. (this takes us back to that talk about wins/losses and the coach's role). And his personality has been such that he doesnot allow "bazikon salari". that's a plus too. Zolfagharnasab is almost too nice to deal with some of this pigheaded , rich and egoistic players.

Anyways, let's beat Syria and get ready for the Second round.

Comment

Ali Agha,
                          Let me first ask you who are we fooling with "So please for the next 24 hours let's just support the team and our country (even if we don't like the coach)"? Do you really think every single TM players have a worldwide wireless PDA with Internet to check PFDC's F+ forum and get charged up? or do you think that if Hassan or Taghi from Vancouver feel good and charged up 24hrs before the game, this positive spirit flies over the sky and lands on TM and tadaaaa: TM wins 7-0? or even the opposite, if I bash Ghalenoee, Syrian players get charged up (using the same internet system and ...)?
                          Anyways...
                          Akbarpour didn't come in at 90th minute, it was 91-92. I am positive about that cuz I watched the clock on TV. doesn't really matter though. Do you honestly think Ghalenoee wanted to change the system to 4-3-3 in the last 2-3 minutes of the game and score!?!? honestly? or it was just to save his back and say "oh, we tried playing offensively, but it didn't work! did you see, we played with 3 forwards"
                          Regarding Fekri, isn't he 37? lets assume he is Fabio Cannavaro (based on your observations) do you really think that we should keep him for AC? if not, then why not giving playing time to Nosrati and other youngsters to fit in the team? Now, based on my observations for the last 3 games, he not only is not TM caliber, but also slows down the team's movement. He pulls the team back to the 18 yrs. that's why the distance between our halfbacks and forwards is too much. halfbacks have to go back to defend and forwards have to fill halfbacks' spaces. and what was that shot??!?! he wants to score from 40 meters???? and he is smart?
                          Yes aziz, TM plays 3-5-2 based on Ghalenoee's statement. at least he meant to form it that way! but in the second half, he finally "az roo raft" and changed it back to 4 defenders formation. and guess what? Nosrati as left back (ding ding, where are the critics?) Kaebi as right back. huuuuum looks familiar, right? and the left side freeway was blocked by this little change.
                          Italia jaan,
                          I am not fooling anyone. Please go and read PFDC general forum before Korea game. See how a lot of people thought Korea gonna route us. 3-1 was prediction of young Yashar (which is among one of the most knowledagable fans in yours truly opinion).
                          How did we get to all this negativity and lack of self beleife Italia jaan? Soccer in all over the world has improved and gaps are shrinking, more and more these days, psychological condition of the players is the determining factor.
                          Remember Iran Bahrain. How our players buckled under the do and die situation in Bahrain on 2001?
                          This atmosphere of gloom and doom that is created around TM (follows TM even before WC) is impacting us (coaches, fans, players, everyone). It is the continuation of the atmosphere and what Parvin called "Hasheeyahe" that is imapcting TM.
                          You sound a serious soccer fan did you watch Arg -Brazil on Sunday? Did yousee Brazil? Did you see what they did to Argentina? Mind you they were Argentina?
                          This Brazilian team is far more improved compared to WC team under Priyera.What happened? It is a new era, many of the players are the same yet, it is new era new vision and all of a sudden players feel, react, act differetnly (same players Lucio) but watch him yesterday.
                          No dada, no Iranian TM players had PDA and care to check PFDC, but the so called media atmosphere in general which we are part of it impacts the team.
                          Italia Jaan, a coach has short and long term goals, I am not in GN head to know what is his short term gaol for the center defense. Maybe Fekri is the short term goal and in long term is Sayed jalal Hosseini or someone else. Who knows.
                          Finally, no matter what the arrange by the coach, someone will be unhappy. I personally prefer to see Akbarpoor or Ooladi upfront to pair up with Hashemian. Having said that, I realize GN is closer to the team, watches the practices, sees how the player respond to the pressure etc etc. Does this mean I should allow myself to question the whole team and Coach? GN isn' tthe most qualified coach in the world, but I am not ashamed to say he knows a heck of a lot more about soccer than you and I ( at least heck of a lot more than I for sure). Point is we as a fan can disagree with Coache's decision but let's realize the guy is probably in better situation and has a good reason to make a certain decision.
                          Italia Jaan, I myself coached high school youth travel soccer in Canada and USA. I played competetive soccer as well. Three knee surgeries (2 ACLs and 1 MCL and couple of Knee scoping later, I had say goodbye to competetive soccer. I have a USSF D license in coaching. So, If I am talking I am not just talking from "Bokhare Meddeh" and played a little goal kocheek in iran or with a team in Jaam Doosti in Calif and now feel I am qualified.
                          My background in soccer doesn't mean I won't make mistake and I am always right, but please take my words a bit more seriously. It is not a back and forth argument over the internet.

sigpic

Comment

hehehehe...

somehow I know the underlying reason for this thread.

even if we lose 8-0 to syria that will NOT change the fact that branko was a wimp in his attitude and incompetent in his coaching, for the WC ..... in fact, for the last 2 years of his tenure.

alas, we wont see this scenario anyway.
                            I am absolutely sure that we will triumph and qualify.
                            so such talk would be rendered useless
                            Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 09-05-2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Whatever Branko was,

Still: Branko>Ghalehnoyi

Comment

Working...
                              X