Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you replace ghalenoe before the Asian Cup finals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you replace ghalenoe before the Asian Cup finals?

I personally think we will fail at the asian cup with our current coaching staff.
    They don't have anything new to offer to the team, to the way we play...!am I being too critical? I don't know...but we need a more football educated people behind this team to win the asian cup.
    NO, he is doing fine, leave him alone
    0%
    Yes, with another vatani coach
    0%
    Yes, with a decent foreign coach
    0%
    I would wait untill we play the next two games then decide
    0%
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

temme who our other options are!!
    this is the same problem we keep facing!

even during branko's time! people wanted to fire branko when we had no real relacement for him!!!
    its like starting a revolution, removing the islamic republic regime but then having noone to take over. only someone worse like mojaheddin will come!

if we wanna fire ghalenoi, we should make sure we are gonna bring someone better than him, so that it will be a step forward in our progress!
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

right, but I am hoping there is enogh time between Nov and the start of the finals in 2007 that a coach can be hired and gets the team prepared for the finals. Japan, Korea and KSA are ahead of us as much as we might hate to admit.
      sigpic
      Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

actually japan is in a miserable state right now.

and i think we should just go ahead with ghalenoi for AC2007, then decide accordingly.
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

if we could get a south american coach i am all for it

Comment

I don't get it. What else do we want? mmmm, maybe we need a few players than a coach to perform better.

You guys really think a coach has this much impact? GN chose the right players and used them in the righ position. He has this kids only for a few days, i don't know what kind of miracle another coach can do?

I don't think a professor can do much better than a 3rd grade elementrey school teacher when they both go to the same class full of 9 year old kids. I imagine when the prof even can't talk the same language the kids do, who perform better?

Cheers,
            Last edited by Hajagha; 09-07-2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I don't want to judge right off the bat but he seems to be doing a good job. It seems to me that the teamwork and defence has improved. Some areas that we had lacked on seem to be our strength now.

Having said this, I'm not going to give too much to him right off the bat until I see the next few games.

I think this question is mainly for the future, and TM participation in AC07. Can they have success under his management? I personally believe we can as at the moment we are improving game by game.

Replacing him can be done under one condition, we appoint a professional world class coach. Going back to 2nd, 3rd division coaches is not the answer to our questions and to our problems. Conflicts occur down the road with a foreign coach, such as language barrier issues. If we are going to face problems like this with 3rd division coaches we might as well just stick to our hamvatani coach who seems to be doing just fine right now.

Comment

tm and its game has been a factful proof of what I have said for years on this board:
                on this ground in khar mire yeki dige miyad...not much of a difference....this is our team and potential so long that the root causes of our failures and weaknesses are not attended to we will be a flaky team with ups and downs but we will not stand atop of Asia not with this mentality not with this egime...
                deerooz, emrooz, farda
                zeeremonan
                sheeshtayeea
                The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Like anythign else it depends.
                  Best situation will be to find a really good coach (we won't get a big name like Scolari or Lippi, and if they come they won't last with the situation in Iran). We need someone like Reynous Michelle, or the dutch guy who coached T&T,someone who has worked in the third world countries and is realistic about the situation. So, he knows IFF isn't professioanl or our players aren't professional in thier behavior (watching their diet, etc. etc.).

Sorry for the segway, but ideally IFF can bring a coach like Reynos Michelle however they should insist that GN or Ebrahimzadeh (not Ebrahimi) stays as coach. That way the transition can take place in an easier way.

I vote for keeping GN if my option one isn't feasible, I don't see a prospect of this for now. As far as changing GN with Jalali or ZolfagharNasab to me is not a good option right now. This (GN) guy took the job when other people hesitated to take over, i.e. GN was ready to take the risk when others weren't. So he got balls. That is a great thing in a coach. Someone who isn't afraid of taking risk. I am not sure Jalali or ZolfagharNasab are as risk taker as GN. They maybe better in soccer knowledge, but not in this (risk taking) area. Changing GN with Jalali or Dr. Z at this stage won't buy us much and it is just disrespectful to GN. Furthermore, it creates too many changes in the TM and too many changes aren't good.
                  "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                  Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                  Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                  sigpic

Comment

my signature says it all

I dont want to take anything away from GN, for he has been extremely courageous and brave to take up the job when not many coaches DARED take on.

he has done ok so far, given his circumstances.
                    nothing great, but certainly we shd be fair and consider his limitations and restrictions.

but somehow I cant imagine he could outdo the eventual korean, japanese, aussie, saudi coaches in major comp's.
                    he would be best placed as the assistant coach behind a good foreign one.
                    his time will surely come.
                    Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 09-08-2006, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                      my signature says it all
                      I see almost every day and always hesitate to ask "why Mohajerani?" the guy is 80+. Well this is the time I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                        my signature says it all
                        he would be best placed as the assistant coach behind a good foreign one.
                        his time will surely come.

GN will remain the TM coach for the asian cup as well as Esteghlal coach.
                        noone will be able to touch him so long as AN is the prez.

he is "Better" than Branko! Remember?!

Comment

Well he is better than Branko.

He should only be replaced with a good foreign offensive minded coach. Such a coach should come from Brazil or Argentina idealy. No more third or fourth rate eastern europeans.
                          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

hehe,
                            reza jan, I like mohajerani as the manager coz he has the int'l experience, has been around and is well respected by all Iranian players.

I think having such a fellow behind that coaching team, it would only reinforce their authority.
                            in times of hardship , his experience also can be used ( if the coach is open to such matters ).

the present monajati is good, but is nowhere near mohajerani.
                            shahrokhi was more or less inconsequnetial and quite ineffectual.
                            but I doubt mohajerani would be as useless.

Comment

Just a an interesting memory from when Mohajerani used to be TM manager:

One of the Ex-TM players says " When we were abroad for an international match Heshmat Kahn used to bring out a couch outisde his room in corridor and place it the way that it blocked the way and he would sleep on the couch for the night"
                              I dont say we need the same guy, But we need someone with similar attitudes, If we had someone like him in Bahrain no shit like that would happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X