Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you replace ghalenoe before the Asian Cup finals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange poll results. Goes to say we just unfortunately don't have
    enough centerists (won't use a stronger word), not at least on F+ forum.
    It is very intriguing to see same poll in the football form (could you post
    it there please?). The majority 7+9 (so far) have already decided with
    only 7 on the fence!!?
    To me the next two games are most critical games.
    Because coach GN has time to prepare A Team completely attributable
    to his coaching
    with no pressure and having gained some confidence both
    as far as his own position as the head coach as well as TM qualifying status for
    Asian cup is concerned.
    We also have a measuring stcik: the first game against Taipe. This is
    important because in that game too, TM did not have European based
    players, so a good comparison to measure progress in
    -teamwork
    -player selection
    -tactics
    and finaly the game at home in Korea. Again we have the game against
    Japan to compare against as far as importance with the added advantage
    of that second leg being in Tehran (vs Tokyo in WC qualification).

Mr. GN took the helm at a critical juncture and needs at least the benefit
    of the doubt till after Korea game.

Comment

So far so good -- leave him alone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZJrX535b4&NR
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Needs more time from either perspective.

If he is good for TM, he needs more time and the next two games should give him that to show himself more.

If he is not, then removing him too soon will leave debates as to why he was removed any time the next coach does something or the team loses.

The fact is however it was, he delivered the result and that should be enough to keep him as well as causing the debate in future if he is removed. So to be fair to him, and even the possible next coach to avoid GN's shadow, he should stay for now.
        Last edited by Mansoor; 09-09-2006, 02:03 PM.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
        Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor
          ... So to be fair to him, ... he should stay for now.

Next month (10/11) we'll play taiwan and the month after (11/15) we will face korea in tehran. most prob, we will qualify after the first game so the korea game will become cermonial.

asian cup will start july 7th (some 7 months after the korea game). practically, there is nothing to stop Ghale-noi from coaching Iran at the asian cup. now the key question is whether it is fair for iran to have a coach like ghale-noi for the asian cup?! NOT that whether he should stay for now or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Persepolis
            Next month (10/11) we'll play taiwan and the month after (11/15) we will face korea in tehran. most prob, we will qualify after the first game so the korea game will become cermonial.
            asian cup will start july 7th (some 7 months after the korea game). practically, there is nothing to stop Ghale-noi from coaching Iran at the asian cup. now the key question is whether it is fair for iran to have a coach like ghale-noi for the asian cup?! NOT that whether he should stay for now or not.
            How exactly do you determine if GN job as TM head coach is "fair" assignment?
            Unless like some of the participants here, you believe an Iranian coach is
            inherently incapable of successfully coaching TM and we must resort to
            foreign coches (IMO :bs what criteria will you use or should we use to
            assess if GN is a fit coach? I am very interested to know.

Comment

Give him till AC2007. I don't think results in AC 2007 matter, but if TM is not functioning efficiently, then replace him with someone top class.

What matters in my opinion is how TM plans for WC 2010. After the next Asia Cup, TM will have 3 years to prepare and 2 to prepare for qualifications. By that time IFF should arrange at least a couple of good friendlies against some very good teams. This is the type of pressure we should be lobbying for.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik
                ... what criteria will you use or should we use to

1- experience
                2- understanding of football, formation and system
                3- player selection

GN lacks in all areas.

GN should be assistant to an experienced coach for 1-2 years and prove himself at the international level b4 handing the job. his performance at IPL has been somewhat unimpressive let alone at TM level. if Esteghlal won IPL it was more due to recruiting top players and also favors from IFF than his coaching.

but now, TM has turned into his training grounds! and we don't know whether he makes it anywhere.

Comment

with all due respect to everyone,,,I just simply don't think any Iranian coach at the moment has enough to bring a continental champion out of our teammelli. Let's be realistic, over and over we have failed with irooni coaches, now, this doesn't mean we should bring just anyone because they were born in europe or south america, but a coach who has proved himself to be a world class coach in the past; Japanies and Koreans have certainly learned that...even though most top world class coaches are not willing to work in Iran with our conditions and our IFF...
                  The next two games won't change anything for me...one against Tiawan and the last game against Korea when both teams have already advanced....!
                  I supported ghalenoe's selection 2 months ago, because at the moment and with games coming up, he was the best choice, but the finals next year are a whole different ball games and a win against Syria or a tie against Korea in a game which we should have lost, should not put us to sleep thinking we'll be just fine.
                  We have tried Parvin, Mayelikohan, Talebi and Branko in the past 20 years at the asian cup,,,the results are there for people to see...you be judge..but i think we need more than the likes of ghalenoe/ibrahimi to win against Japan, KSA, Australia and Korea...just a thought.
                  sigpic
                  Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik
                    How exactly do you determine if GN job as TM head coach is "fair" assignment?
                    Unless like some of the participants here, you believe an Iranian coach is
                    inherently incapable of successfully coaching TM and we must resort to
                    foreign coches (IMO :bs what criteria will you use or should we use to
                    Gol Kuchik jan, there are tons of reasons why we should not appoint the current Iranian coaches for TM. We have tried them several times and we have failed. The other asian countries have also come up with the same conclusion. I remember once someone said here that a good criteria for a good enough coach for the TM is someone who has become champion with an IPL team in asia. That I agree with.
                    2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Salam Ala jaan,

As for the time factor, there is not much of a difference between now and Korea match in "real time". We won't see the actual starters for a while as they will be busy with their foreign leagues. Maybe a bit of time but the advantage we get by keeping him overwrites this little time. What advantage?

Let me clarify this with an example. When Parvin was removed by Ghamkhar, there were many fans that did not realize his coaching time was over, and him and his group were out of date. They made lot of noise and Perspolis could not function the year after. Then, he was brought in and was let leading the team all the way to the ground with 9-10th place finish in IPL! That convinced Parvin as well as (most of)his fans that his coaching time is over.

In case of Ghalenoei, it is a "win-win" situation. If he is no good, then let everybody see it. After all, he delivered the result (to qualify) and that was satisfactory to some. If he is removed now, there will be mega-debates AGAIN, and will eventually destroy TM as it did in WC. Shadow of Ghalenoei will never leave the team. If the debate was about selecting him, then there were some points to discuss. It is too late for that. He is already there.

If he is good, and there are some potentials with him to be, then let's discover. It is too late. He is already appointed and has used this critical time to get familiar with the team. Let's face it, he is a good student. He copycat Branko's approach when he was desparate, and even improved it in couple of places. Most of these players, that are same players playing for Branko, have been training and playing together for a long time. They are put in auto-pilot mode to carry on. Same careful game, same players, and even same formation. Even when he lines them up with 3-men defense, Vahedi practically plays left back and hardly advances which in reality it is 3+1 or 4 men defense. Same as the one Branko was using, but Branko was doing this with the right side and with Kaabi. In top of all these, Ghalenoei is looking for better options in forward and left midfield. Branko did change the left midfield approach in WC but it was a bit too late. Ghalenoei is putting a left midfielder there with capability to generate offense from left, something Zandi couldn't. Also, Ghalenoei is looking for a better combo in forward position. Once he gets Oladi or Majidi combined with Hashemian and get them accustomed to play next to each other, we will see better offense up there. Ghalenoei's biggest problem right now, is his "attempt" at times to show he is different, or use players like Enayati to prove a point. He should put all those behind, build up from Branko's approach, and get rid of some of these jokers in the bench like Ebrahimi.
                      Last edited by Mansoor; 09-11-2006, 08:43 AM.
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                      Go IRAN!

Comment

Salam Ala jaan, ... In case of Ghalenoei, it is a "win-win" situation. If he is no good, then let everybody see it ... They are put in auto-pilot mode to carry on ...

Salaam Mansour Jan,

I see your point and I agree that we should let him fail/succeed. Just like Talebi and Pour-Heidari's successes in the WC 98 and Asian Games which were due to the hard work of Ivic (who was fired!), GN may be able to go for a while by riding on Branko's hard work and we may even see some temporary improvements here and there. BUT, I have no doubt in my mind that TM has lost the future with GN.

I have already kissed goodbye the Asian cup (I don't think we'l get anywhere with GN) but more than that we are gonna have problems in WC qualifications if GN remains. I feel that his appointment is more political than based on his abilities and this AN government is gonna stand by him no matter how he performs. So long as he is going to Ziarat, does Nohe-Khani and Sineh-Zani and kisses some akhound behinds he''ll be untouchable.

i just hope i am wong

Comment

. Let's face it, he is a good student. He copycat Branko's approach when he was desparate,
                          I agree. There is a saying that "an kas ke nadaanad va bedaanad ke nadaanad, langan kharake khish be manzel beresaanad".

He learnt his lesson very fast and against Syria in Azadi, the lesson that Shahrokhi learnt too late.
                          2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
                            ...if we wanna fire ghalenoi, we should make sure we are gonna bring someone better than him ...

no prob. we have at least 10 vatani coaches that are better than him.

Comment

no prob. we have at least 10 vatani coaches that are better than him.
                              that doesnt matter, for all we know, IFF will bring the 11th coach who is only worse than ghalenoi!
                              Originally posted by siavasharian
                              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
                                that doesnt matter, for all we know, IFF will bring the 11th coach who is only worse than ghalenoi!

the 11th coach IS Qhale-Noi !

Comment

Working...
                                X