Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose one player on TM to build your team around...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had to choose one player on TM to build your team around...

who would it be? The experienced Mahdavikia? The talented Karimi? The rock Rezaei? The clutch Hashemian? The exciting Kaebi? The consistent Nekounam? The ba-gheyrat Teymourian?
    Karimi
    0%
    Mahdavikia
    0%
    Rezaei
    0%
    Teymourian
    0%
    Nekounam
    0%
    Kaebi
    0%
    Hashemian
    0%

Nekounam for me, without a doubt. Karimi is too inconsistent to build a team around.

Comment

I chose Mahdavikia in a heart beat. I just think he is the perfect TM player, both on the field and off the field. He doesnt have an attitude like some other TM players (Karimi) and he lives and dies for TM. He is a perfect role model on the pitch, always playing like a gentleman. And not to mention I personally think Kia is one of the best, if not the single best Iranian player ever.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
        I chose Mahdavikia in a heart beat. I just think he is the perfect TM player, both on the field and off the field. He doesnt have an attitude like some other TM players (Karimi) and he lives and dies for TM. He is a perfect role model on the pitch, always playing like a gentleman. And not to mention I personally think Kia is one of the best, if not the single best Iranian player ever.
        ^ couldnt agree more!

Comment

Karimi, inconsistant, moody, but the most talented TM player we've ever had. When he's on top form he makes the other TM players look non existant. #2 would be Hashemian-Kia, they're both workhorses and have a similair mentality on and off the pitch, great TM players. Just not sure if they're capable of carrying a team like Karimi can.
          STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
          A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

i agree with most ppl above with mahdavikia but i think he's on the wrong side of the age range to build a team around. i like kaebi a lot but overall i dont think there are any young and consistent players to build a team with

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
            For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

sorry, may be I read this wrong, but building a team implies a long term
              project, at least 4 years in my mind. Otherwise, how would building a
              team be different than just selecting players for the next game?

Then by defenition, you would build a team! and not something that would
              depend on an individual. Which team in the last world cup was built around
              a player?

Even if you did such a thing, what happens if that player is injured? If you
              have a substitude that can do the job of the player which you "built a team
              around" then you have a strategy that is not really player dependent, and if
              you don't have a sub, that does not sound very good either.

Look at TM, last world cup, not just one but 3 of our key players who are in
              your list were hurt or out of juice. But this wasn't unique to us, the dutch
              team also suffered because of this, and if you put Rooney and Ballack in the
              same list you get the picture.

Comment

I think the question is flawed. No more teams are built around one person. And as people mentioned couple of people on the list are too old for the next WC anyways.

A player like Zidane was given the free reign in french team but even that was within the overall team's plan (Zidane being a part of the overall team plan as a free roamer and not given much of a defensiev duties) not the team being built around Zidane as this poll suggests.

If the author is trying to choose the most influencial player for the next couple of years that is a different question and I still take Karimi with all his personality flaws over any other player soccer wise.
                "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                sigpic

Comment

Brazil is built around Ronaldinho

France were built around Zidane

Italy are built around Pirlo

Germany around Ballack

Etc

Etc

Iran should in my view be built around Karimi or Mahdavikia..or even possible Nekonam

Comment

karimi, do doubt about it...a number 10 player, with vision and skill to open up the game...
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Mahdavikia is the most consistent player we have that produces and is a true utility player in every sense of the word, since he is able to play every position except goaltender. He also has the heart needed to be the central force of the team.
                      The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

I'm with mkbf on this one - Mahdavikia is too old now to build a team around. I think his future with the team is as full back (I'm hoping we revert to a back 4). I hope this will prolong his international time but rb is not really a position to build your team around.

Comment

in my opinion, TM needs to build team around one of our most skilled, technical, attacking player.
                          Kia is on of our greatest players, true, but karimi is our technical man!

i say, build a team around karimi, give him the freedom and space to do his thing, something like ronaldinho last year at Barcelona FC
                          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Iman Mobali aka MVP
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                            X