Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan - Iran ; Village games

nice post, agree with most of it
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

i did not see the game but from what i read in the paper, good points...

GN will not bring us the Asian cup, that's all I have to say.
      sigpic
      Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

all in all I agree with everything in your post. thanks

Teymourian seemed to have a bit too much weight in compariso to the world cup. he is not in good form, you can see that on his movement. but also he had no good game, many things went wrong for him

Comment

Our match against Korea in November will prove whether Gn can get us the Asian Cup or not

Comment

It was a boring game, but please undrestand that Jordan was playing very different from Iraq. Jordan always had at least 5-6 players in their own half. Watch teh game again, Shafiei in the game againsts Iraq had 2-3 players around him. Compare that with Jordan's game.
            Point is jordan played a very packed game and they clogged the middle. This type of game will turn a grinding ugly game. Actually Iran did a decent job in the last 10 minutes when we truend to shooting from behind the box. They did a good job to push the ball to the goal line and use the pass back for shooting and they almost get very close.
            Don't get me wrong, I am not saying game was pretty, I am saying the way Jordan played this game would have been an ugly game.

Plus there were other elements. Bunch of players knew they won't go to Taiwan so that had impact. Because these players realized they won't go to Taiwan no matter what. So that must had a psychological impact I am sure.

Lot of people ask why GN took the leginoers and all. While I personally rather GN took this team and not the whole old team and legioners. There are many restrictions on GN.
            As those who are invloved really with soccer know, during last year, Branko gave a 40 person list to the AFC for Asian Cup. I think they gave a list of 25-30 players and rightly they kept 10 players open, beacuse at the time they thought it is almost 2 years away and by that time many things can happen. So this is the main reason the GN can't invite a whole bunch of new players. That is the main reason that Fekri and new plaeyrs have to play with funny number 45, and majdi wore 50 or something. So GN can't make a wholesale change for the AFC right now.

I suggest we as a fan put oursevles in the caoches shoes. We want an entertaining game that is our right. However, as a coach, GN used Jordan probably as a stepping stone to test a whole breed of new players to test their technical, mental (do they get scared to play in TM, how they perform under pressure, psychological (how do they competer for the spot in the team, how they react to getting benched, etc, etc).

So point is let's realize, Jordan was a stepping stone and a stage in the bigger scheme of things. While we as fans love to see an entertaining game and our team to play well, I personally can accept to see TM uses Jordan as a test ground for 10-12 new players. These games gave a chance to at least 5-6 players. That is the result of LG cup in Jordan adn I think overall it is positive.

Still totally agree with teh point that it was a boring game, but let's see the things in the broader framework. This is our TM and expecting our TM play an entertaining game in each game probably is unrealistic. Now if the TM will play 50 or 60% of its game this way, ofcourse something needs to be done, but let's don't loose hope with one game.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X