Arsenal's line up way of Team Melli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hajagha
    As part of the community of the "whole world", please make it excluding "me" in your statement.
    I guess no one can deny Ronaldinho's quality, Denying Henry's quality, I think it's not fair as well.
    I think we are in an era that three of the all time best players play at the same time, they are Zidan, Ronaldinho and Henry. Saying any of them is above the other two is not wrong, however it might be not very accurate as well. Between these three is a matter of opinion.
    nobody is denying henry's quality
    its just that henry is not in the same league that ronaldino is in fact I think no one is..

whole world means world footballing authority after granting him all the all star awards that there is for an individual player and also for him achiving the big 2 league and champions league crowning...

henry comes to surface specifically because ronaldino did beat him on both personal and team level...

zidan was before ronaldino and henry I would say. The latter two are now at their peak where the other guy is gone so you could differentiate it there...right now there is no one like ronaldinho..its so dominating that the only other recent athlete that comes to mind is MJ..what MJ was to sir Charles is what Ronaldino is to Henry
    Last edited by perspolees; 10-25-2006, 09:52 PM.
    deerooz, emrooz, farda
    zeeremonan
    sheeshtayeea
    The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
    Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
      well, the point is that you said that Henry on his best form is still worse than Ronaldinho. you didn't clarify whether it was Ronaldinho at his best or average or whatever and I thought it was a ridiculous (and slightly childish ) statement to make...especially considering Ronaldinho's poor form for the past 6 or so months.
      Henry is way below from technical, tactical, physical, passing, attack, defense, vision and all i all what we call football...childish, this or that...its the way it is on the field and if you want oyu could even put it to vote..( it actually has been done) both by fans and experts for such a player that he is a head and a shoulder above the rest using the term aat his worst day still owns henry is sort of a given, you want to pick it up out of context.. then be my guest buyt boy talk about whats more childish!!

that aside my point was none of te above and not henry and ronaldino related..my for examle FIRST suggestion in order for tm to play better would be to provide lighted stadiums!! for all IPL teams!! wow what a wish list ha! forget about arsene wenger copy catism lol
      Last edited by perspolees; 10-25-2006, 09:50 PM.
      deerooz, emrooz, farda
      zeeremonan
      sheeshtayeea
      The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by IRN Rugby Playa
        after trying to look for the first goal i finally got it on you tube..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KLsSh16wvQU

and it seems even the commentator agrees with me
        The commentator is wrong. It was Khatibi.
        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolees
          Henry is way below from technical, tactical, physical, passing, attack, defense, vision and all i all what we call football...childish, this or that...its the way it is on the field and if you want oyu could even put it to vote..( it actually has been done) both by fans and experts for such a player that he is a head and a shoulder above the rest using the term aat his worst day still owns henry is sort of a given, you want to pick it up out of context.. then be my guest buyt boy talk about whats more childish!!

that aside my point was none of te above and not henry and ronaldino related..my for examle FIRST suggestion in order for tm to play better would be to provide lighted stadiums!! for all IPL teams!! wow what a wish list ha! forget about arsene wenger copy catism lol
          yeh, sure ronaldinho won player of the year twice ahead of Henry and overall he might well be a better player but i doubt most fans and experts would agree with you that Ronaldinho is as far ahead as Henry in the attributes you are listing.

I think what you said about Henry on his best day etc was a ridiculous thing to say...and I don't think it was childish to point out that you were going over the top.

Considering what you're now adding to your original post it also doesn't seem like I've picked it up out of context either since you truly believe that Ronaldinho is so far ahead of Henry and the rest.

I've always personally felt Ronaldinho is slightly over-rated, especially in terms of an end product because of his audacious style of play and I also think that Henry sometimes believes his own hype which has made him a less hardworking player, but then again these are just my opinions. In terms of greats, I believe these two have a long way to go to match Zidane's consistency of high level of play.

What is not an opinion is that Ronaldinho has been very poor by his own standards in the past six months and surely one attribute of a player that is so far ahead of the competition would be a little more consistency.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I agree with you that we need to address other more issues in Iranian football though.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
            yeh, sure ronaldinho won player of the year twice ahead of Henry and overall he might well be a better player but i doubt most fans and experts would agree with you that Ronaldinho is as far ahead as Henry in the attributes you are listing.
            I think what you said about Henry on his best day etc was a ridiculous thing to say...and I don't think it was childish to point out that you were going over the top.
            Considering what you're now adding to your original post it also doesn't seem like I've picked it up out of context either since you truly believe that Ronaldinho is so far ahead of Henry and the rest.
            I've always personally felt Ronaldinho is slightly over-rated, especially in terms of an end product because of his audacious style of play and I also think that Henry sometimes believes his own hype which has made him a less hardworking player, but then again these are just my opinions. In terms of greats, I believe these two have a long way to go to match Zidane's consistency of high level of play.
            What is not an opinion is that Ronaldinho has been very poor by his own standards in the past six months and surely one attribute of a player that is so far ahead of the competition would be a little more consistency.
            I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
            I agree with you that we need to address other more issues in Iranian football though.
            I think stretching ronaldinhos poor performance to 6 months is a bit too much.

I gave that example above and I give it again if ronaldinho is MJ then Henry at the most is Barkley to me... great player but hey no MJ...and as such I believe that he is way above henry..people that are way above another player are still allowed to have bad months or a downtime...

I have a different opinion about an athlete way over the others. To me what kind of a person they are and what they do or say other than collecting their millions is important. How they handle fame is another big thing in my book. As such Pele will always remain number one for me and Zidan was up there until the world cup incident...though he still is one of teh greatest. Ronaldinho is the only other one I see with greatness on and off the field..

cheers
            deerooz, emrooz, farda
            zeeremonan
            sheeshtayeea

Comment

Henry is way below from technical, tactical, physical, passing, attack, defense, vision and all i all what we call football...childish, this or that...
              First let me tell you that most of these "player of the year" is a show, depending how much you are recognized, where do you play, how much media coverage you get, which country you are from ...

But, talking in details about Henry and Ronaldinho and making the comment that Ronaldinho is in another level, isn't fair.

Ronaldinho's defensive duties are even worst than our own Azizi, heading the ball is another one, also physical strength, however both players are not considered as strong players, but Henry surely is in better shape.

One more thing, Henry can play both in Mid and Forward, giving him another extra edge to any other player being compared to him.

Reading this post, I don't think you watch Henry's games very often, otherwise, you wouldn't comment about his vision, attack, passing and tactical, even technical I don't think Henry has any thing less than Ronaldinho.

Cheers,
              Last edited by Hajagha; 10-27-2006, 08:22 AM.

Comment

henry as a midfielder ;lol well maybe for couple of minutes lololol
                tht was a joke...made my Friday
                like I said the difference is MJ to Barkley...no comparison

You can rationalize the player of the year, the this and the that!! bottom line is those and statistical numbers of a player are the tools that we have today to OBJECTIVELY pick one over the other...the rest is just hot air and bias...
                deerooz, emrooz, farda
                zeeremonan
                sheeshtayeea

Comment

henry as a midfielder ;lol well maybe for couple of minutes lololol
                  tht was a joke...made my Friday

I am glad to make your Friday.

My recomendation is to watch Arsenal's recent games and see by your own eyes Henry's position as a midfielder.

After all, you are my favourite Perpolisi. Any thig else I can do for you besides making a day?

Comment

Working...
                  X