Arsenal's line up way of Team Melli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
    I actually have to say that I prefer watching Arsenal play.
    Barcelona play very good football in a league that's based on technical ability and passing football.
    Whereas Arsenal play breathtaking football (and went unbeaten) in a league that's known for physical, long ball football and where teams like Bolton and even at times the top teams like Man Utd resort to trying to kick them off the park. That takes some courage.
    Thank you.

When I said "one of the best", I was thinking about Barca, while I think no team is as entertaining as Arsenal when the majority of the team are under 23. How fun is that?

Besides, I think EPL is more competitive than La Liga over all.

Comment

Originally posted by IRN Rugby Playa
      after trying to look for the first goal i finally got it on you tube..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KLsSh16wvQU

and it seems even the commentator agrees with me
      Well, he was wrong aziz joon, he was watching the game in a tube too.

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
        WOW!

I'm speachless...
        Thanks but No Thanks. I'd rather pay $5M.
        That's the difference between a rich, speechless person whose his team is full of over-rated coaches/players and a person who knows football and how the game is played and tend to spend his money the night in endless party when they beat the rich guy badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
          "Arguably, Arsenal is one of the most entertaining club ....."

Ahem !
          apparently they dont show La Liga games in Canada!

when there's a team like Barca, I doubt it is legally permitted to use the word "entertaining" in the same sentence as any other club.

I know, I know.
          a bit out of place.
          but I just couldnt resist. coz that's the first sentence I read !
          sorry.

I can't argue as you have a point about Barca, but don't be too harsh on Arsenal if you wnat to stay logic. Arsenal is not on basis of the names, it's the team spirit with bunch of teens. I found it so fun watching them.

Comment

reza jan and zereshk jan,
            I guess it all depends on what each individual looks for , in a game of football.

for me, tactical and technical ability of the teams is more precious than a game based on physicality and brute force.

and no-1 is wrong for opting for either choice.
            some like oranges, and some , apples.

Comment

Dr jaan I agree, but my point was not that Arsenal play physical football. I too like technical, skilfull football and I don't think with a midfield of the likes Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Gilberto and van Persie you can get away with being reliant on physical football.

On the contrary my point was that I think they play technical football in a league that is more physical; which is to their credit.

I agree they play different styles of football (which I guess is your point) and Arsenal are probably a faster and more athletic team than Barca and play their football at a faster pace, but I don't think they are any less gifted technically.

Besides, as you say each to their own...some like oranges, some apples...or as Wenger replied when told that Alex Ferguson had claimed his Manchester United side played the best football in England "every one thinks that they have the prettiest wife at home!"

Comment

zereshk jan, I understand.
                I, too, was referring to the style of football between the two leagues ... and generally between the top leagues of europe.

while La Liga offers a vast amount of technical and tactical displays by the teams as well as allowing room for individualistic brilliance WITHIN THE FRAMWORK OF THE TEAM, leagues like EPL and Bundesliga force this brilliance to dissolve within the team's dynamism and mechanics.

yes, tactically, they offer much, these two leagues.
                but on technical levels, you've got to agree, they dont match up to the spanish one.
                even their tactical displays are more forceful, physical, more straight forward and pace oriented ( more accentuated in EPL, though ).

I dont know. maybe it's this pace and physical accent that takes away from the technical aspects of the game, and players of Ronaldinho's kind would not survive such leagues.
                just as players of Scholes type dont have a snowball's chance at La Liga.

mind you, we do see some technical ones in EPL and physical types in spain, but they are subdued and not as noticable and effective as they could be elsewhere.

----------

and while on leagues, I must add my utter hatred for the crummy Italian league, which to me is the place for one who wants to know how to cheat, play fouls and get away with them, play rough and play act and ..... .
                look at some of the stars of this league:
                a bunch of cheaters
                play-acting and divers
                brutal animals who get away with almost any horrible foul play
                ...etc.
                and lets not get started on their organizational corruption !
                we know it's been going on for years and years.
                to me, this league is a dead league, albeit the many stars playing in it.

-------------------

and finally,
                to me, personally, the French and Dutch leagues are excellent leagues for our players to "learn about pro football" and get familiar with the higher level of football, ( meaning the leagues they can START their european experience and career ) ... BUT without that unnecessary amount of pressure and stress "to excell and perform almost immediately, or they're out" .
                they are softer leagues, bt still with good quality.
                certainly not the "do or die" kind of leagues like La Liga, EPL, Serie A and Bundesliga.

In fact I would love to see either a french or a dutch coach for our clubs and youth level national teams.
                Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 10-18-2006, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                  reza jan and zereshk jan,
                  I guess it all depends on what each individual looks for , in a game of football.

for me, tactical and technical ability of the teams is more precious than a game based on physicality and brute force.

and no-1 is wrong for opting for either choice.
                  some like oranges, and some , apples.
                  Well, after seeing this post, I am not sure you have seen Arsenal in action enough time.

About the leagues, EPL is much tougher league than La-liga as the majority of teams are competitive in EPL, unless Spanish and Italian teams that they are either too good or too weak.

As Rezaei told once "In Italy, we don't think to get a tie against Ac.Milan, we know, we lose to them, the competition is in the bottom of the table to not being eliminated". So, When Barca-Real are playing call me to watch the game together with spoiling a couple of beers, otherwise, the Spanish/Italian games are too predictive and boring to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
                    I can't argue as you have a point about Barca, but don't be too harsh on Arsenal if you wnat to stay logic. Arsenal is not on basis of the names, it's the team spirit with bunch of teens. I found it so fun watching them.
                    Ah Jesus, Some one kick this child molester out!

Jesus christ!!!Ali'ebn'e Abitaleb!
                    VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Barcelona is the definition of football! Period! count in that technical and tactical abilities ...
                      Henry in his best day is owned by Rhonaldinho

Wenger if stepped onto Iran and took over TM will not have anything more to offer than Ghalenoee...let lone Wenger's copy cat!

I have screamed this out loud for the past 4 years and to no avail even some of the most intellectual readers of the board that do understand football still are lost in it!
                      On this ground that we have for our football that having stadiums with LIGHT!!! is an issue, or when cheating is at helm, and there really is no professionalism in any aspect of football irani why do you bother about the x and o of the coaching board!?

In all honesty do you see much of a difference in the way tm plays with Ghalenoee and Branko? yea some minor changes but the big picture is still the lousy ass game that we play..

It is a lot easier to go buy a Ferrari rather than build the road for it, neverthe less you will just end up paying for the car and parking it in your garage and get the bragging rights of such a great car BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE IT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL and esssentially at best Ferrari will be Jiyan Mahari!

As such any comparison of the greats like Arsenal, Barcelona, etc to the sorry state of our football is a mistake..as is tht thought of Arsen Wenger himself being able to make a dent in our football let alone his copy cat...
                      Last edited by perspolees; 10-20-2006, 09:13 AM.
                      deerooz, emrooz, farda
                      zeeremonan
                      sheeshtayeea
                      The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                      Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolees

Wenger if stepped onto Iran and took over TM will not have anything more to offer than Ghalenoee...let lone Wenger's copy cat!
                        Think you are too hards on this guy

It is a lot easier to go buy a Ferrari rather than build the road for it, neverthe less you will just end up paying for the car and parking it in your garage and get the bragging rights of such a great car BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE IT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL and esssentially at best Ferrari will be Jiyan Mahari!

As such any comparison of the greats like Arsenal, Barcelona, etc to the sorry state of our football is a mistake..
                        I see the depth of your despair. Although you have a valid point. But you gotta remember this is an online forum, so people come here to talk and exchange ideas even if in the big picuter it really doesn't matter a dime.

Still I think your point about coach is just one element in the bigger scheme of things is really valid and I totally agree with it.
                        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
                          Think you are too hards on this guy
                          I see the depth of your despair. Although you have a valid point. But you gotta remember this is an online forum, so people come here to talk and exchange ideas even if in the big picuter it really doesn't matter a dime.
                          Still I think your point about coach is just one element in the bigger scheme of things is really valid and I totally agree with it.

Thanks for the input
                          I really did not mean to nbe hard on anyone..just voicing my opinion.
                          BTW are you from Chicago? I lived there for 10 years and did all of my training and some practice there. It is a great city...
                          deerooz, emrooz, farda
                          zeeremonan
                          sheeshtayeea
                          The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the input
                            I really did not mean to nbe hard on anyone..just voicing my opinion.
                            BTW are you from Chicago? I lived there for 10 years and did all of my training and some practice there. It is a great city...

You are welcome. Of course you are entitled to voice on your opinion, but looking at Wenger's result, considering players he has, I think he is a great caoch. But I've been wrong before.

I am in both Chicago and Northern California (most of the weekday in Cali and weekend in Chicago) for the past two years. But chicago was the home in the past and still kind of is (confusing isn't it?). Thanks for the nice comments about Chicaog, but I personally prefer Northern Cali. The fact that there are mountains and I can go hiking in them is in itself enough for me to prefer Norhern California.
                            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                            sigpic

Comment

Barcelona is the definition of football! Period! count in that technical and tactical abilities ...
                              Henry in his best day is owned by Rhonaldinho
                              It's a matter of opinion. I never liked the way persolise plays, but your nick name is ... But don't get me wrong, Barca is as amazing as every one dreams of a team.

About the rest, all the world are copying the big cats' strategies, this doesn't mean they will be identical to the origins. Besides, assume we'll never have highway like 90% of the world, should we quit driving?

Cheers,
                              Last edited by Hajagha; 10-20-2006, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
                                You are welcome. Of course you are entitled to voice on your opinion, but looking at Wenger's result, considering players he has, I think he is a great caoch. But I've been wrong before.
                                I am in both Chicago and Northern California (most of the weekday in Cali and weekend in Chicago) for the past two years. But chicago was the home in the past and still kind of is (confusing isn't it?). Thanks for the nice comments about Chicaog, but I personally prefer Northern Cali. The fact that there are mountains and I can go hiking in them is in itself enough for me to prefer Norhern California.
                                I think Wenger is a great coach. That's not the point tho. please read my comments if u want.

did u know a dentist named mehrdad that also was a football khore in Chicago?
                                deerooz, emrooz, farda
                                zeeremonan
                                sheeshtayeea

Comment

Working...
                                X