Admiring Daei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admiring Daei

Could Daei lift the Asian Cup? Could this legendary Iranian player score in a World Cup?

Daei has achieved almost everything but as the World's Number one scorer of highest international goals he has not scored in a World Cup. He has also not been able to lift the Asian Cup, an achievement that his predecessors experienced.

It seems that Daei's career would end sooner or later without accomplishing these two tasks however there is still some hope that these two tasks could be achieved by him.

In this, Iranians should back him and relieve him of any psychological pressure that he might be facing or could face.

In turn, Daei should rebuild himself by extra work and practice.

He should be used in a correct way, coming into the field during the last 30-20 minutes when he could 1) raise the team spirit 2) heighten the opponents concerns 3) demonstrate his consolidated output 4) come into play with full confidence

Daei is now nearly 38. He could still play in two more World Cups and two more Asian Cups.

Let's not forget, Rouge Milla while 46 played for Cameroon in the World Cup but his coach used him in a correct manner bringing him in for 15 - 20 minutes.

It's not only up to Daei but up to Iranians and nor is it only up to Iranians but up to Daei to accomplish those two tasks.

If Daei is after achieving those two tasks he must be fully supported and admired cause he would be doing it for Iran.

He can do it. What guarantees his success is this : Harder & extra work & practice.

Originally posted by IRANMAN
    [B]
    Daei is now nearly 38. He could still play in two more World Cups and two more Asian Cups.
    Let's not forget, Rouge Milla while 46 played for Cameroon in the World Cup but his coach used him in a correct manner bringing him in for 15 - 20 minutes.
    Oh god, even if Dai himself forced to quit the TM many folks still want him back. Dadash there is this thing called Rule and Exception. Milla playing in 46 if he really played when he was that old, it was an exception. Let's just don't use an exception and making a rule out of it.

As far as I am concerned, Dai even in 98 WC wasn't anything hot. But who am I after all. As far as I am concerned, Dai after 98 wasn't a TM player caliber and why he consistantly had a statring postion is more like a mystery.

I don't want to see him in TM for even one minute. He is a very smart man and educated. But if he fails to see that his ntaionla playing time is over. Then somone needs to enforce it.

If he wants to play clubs until he is 50 be my guest. that is the club owners proragetive, but TM now we are talking a nation.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

daei's time is over and nobody can argue about it..
      but our other strikers arent any better either..
      however, the advantage they have over daei is that they will be there to serve iran for another decade or so..so they are an investment..

daei wont be there for TM as a player anymore, so to keep him unfortunately is a liability, its better for him to start coaching as soon as possible. atleast he can make an early impact in his coaching career like ghlaenoi and estilli are doing now...

every investment has problems in the beginning unless it is some huge million dollar investment or it is an innovation. unfortuantely, its none of the above for our iranian strikers, and we as the investors need to give them time and wait for a few years for them to ripen and start giving postive results...
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

well, guess for some of us daie is never over,,,if he plays untill he is 50, some of us will bring some rational to excuse it.
        sigpic
        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

my friend, was it not enough to put this ridiculous thread in one forum?

Daei can play in two more world cups and two more Asian cups? Sure he can, but he will suck.

By the way Milla was 42, so I guess by your reasoning Daei only has one more world cup in him.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
            my friend, was it not enough to put this ridiculous thread in one forum?
            Daei can play in two more world cups and two more Asian cups? Sure he can, but he will suck.
            By the way Milla was 42, so I guess by your reasoning Daei only has one more world cup in him.

great answer!

on a different note I think Pele and Maradona could alo suit up for their teams in at least another world cup,,.......but then again " they will suck" to say the least
            deerooz, emrooz, farda
            zeeremonan
            sheeshtayeea
            The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
            Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

It seems the whole world should gather, do their best and find a way to make Daei a glory.

baba, Daei only achieved one thing, and this is "the highest international goals", thanks to Maldives and Nepal for being in Asia.

The funny thing is, he wants Daei plays in World Cup, then the rest of the world do some thing to let Iran win the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by IRANMAN
                [B]
                Daei is now nearly 38. He could still play in two more World Cups and two B]
                hahahahhaha lololol heheheheh lolool hahaha
                Daei play in 2 more world cups???? lolol hahahaha

he cudnt run in this years world cup! hw many times did he touch the ball in the Mexico game? he was invisibl...play 2 mor world cups? hahaha

Comment

First, Daei said today in an interview:
                  1-He does not want a fairwell party from TM.
                  2-He does not want to ever play for TM again.

Unfortunately our fans are always on the extremes. Either a player is an
                  idol or he is no good, even if he has scored more international goals than
                  anyone else, and even when they saw with their own eyes how many goals
                  Karimi could score against Taipe!

One of Branko's biggest mistake was to leave Ali Daie in, the whole 90 minutes.
                  Daei as a player/coach combo for Saipa says that the reason he substituded himself
                  was because the team needed speed! I doubt if he has lost a whole lot of
                  speed since WC. That means, Branko tried to play Daei 90 minutes when
                  even Daie admits he can't.

Frankly, I would like to see Daei in a coach/trainer for TM someday. He has the
                  best disiplene and players respect him, and he is aware of tactics/systems some
                  IPL coaches don't even know about. May be not just now but certainly
                  if he can do well with Saipa and then in Asian pro-league.

Lets get on with the past and look into future.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik
                    unfortunately for him, most fans don't really care about what he says in his inerviews anymore, and that's a fact.

I agree with the first part of your argument that we like extremes, we take someone so high that we put them up there with the Gods,,then we bring them back so hard,,,we break them suddenly [great examples are Azizi, Karimi, daie...]
                    BUT...it's great that he scored the most international goals,,,that however doesn't give him a free pass to TM for the rest of his life..simply doesn't give him any rights,,only gives him fame and reputation, which he got, but screwed it up himself.
                    also, in my opinion, karimi in his worst day can still break a whole defense down, and change a game,,,daie can't, at his age and his situation Daie lacks the speed.
                    Daei as a player/coach combo for Saipa says that the reason he substituded himself

for the sake of daie himself and TM, i hope he never becomes TM's head coach because names don't lead teams to glory, expreinces and knowldge does,,,daie has not proven anything yet in coaching...saipa and daie have played 4 games only so far,,,this was a team set up and put together by the German, not by daie,,let's talk about what daie can or can not do as a coach at the end of the season, not after only 4 or 5 games.
                    sigpic
                    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Very good post IMHO. It is really funny how Dai subs himself and Branko never did!!!!!! And still there are people in this forum who Branko is their hero and hoping one day he'll be back!!!!! and coach TM again!!!!!!.
                      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
                        unfortunately for him, most fans don't really care about what he says in his inerviews anymore, and that's a fact.
                        I agree with the first part of your argument that we like extremes, we take someone so high that we put them up there with the Gods,,then we bring them back so hard,,,we break them suddenly [great examples are Azizi, Karimi, daie...]
                        BUT...it's great that he scored the most international goals,,,that however doesn't give him a free pass to TM for the rest of his life..simply doesn't give him any rights,,only gives him fame and reputation, which he got, but screwed it up himself.
                        also, in my opinion, karimi in his worst day can still break a whole defense down, and change a game,,,daie can't, at his age and his situation Daie lacks the speed.
                        for the sake of daie himself and TM, i hope he never becomes TM's head coach because names don't lead teams to glory, expreinces and knowldge does,,,daie has not proven anything yet in coaching...saipa and daie have played 4 games only so far,,,this was a team set up and put together by the German, not by daie,,let's talk about what daie can or can not do as a coach at the end of the season, not after only 4 or 5 games.
                        First read a very execellent article by Vaheed just posted:
                        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=36505
                        It is always good to read as much as we can, opinion of those who
                        have proven themselves. (About team play and the culture).

Second, I do not know what your point is about Karimi. I used him as an example of
                        a player who is arguably one of the most talented in Iran regardless of what I personally
                        think about his behavior both off and on the field. I used him precisely to show even
                        with his zipping through traffic skills as you say, the goal outcome wasn't there in a
                        game were we can make apple to apple contrast (he did play as forward and not
                        play maker for a good part of Taipe game).

But your contrast is strange. Elementary game knowledge (and not even
                        football) tells us that each player must be evaluated in the position he is designated to
                        play in. Karimi as a playmaker can be judged by number of opportunity he creates for
                        others to score and how he can control the game, and as striker vs Daei. In that
                        second category he is not even in the same ball park as Daei, and that's just the fact
                        and statistics not my personal opinion, and no amount of dribbling will change that.

Third, as for Daei as the TM coach, the difference between my view and yours is that while
                        I said Daei, if he can prove himself as Saipa coach in IPL can become a great head coach forTM,
                        (someday) you are so "objective" as to not make it conditional and dismiss his coaching ability
                        without knowing anything about it (it is an unkonwn at this point dah?). Worse, you make his great
                        achievements as a player sound like a liability

Comment

First read a very execellent article by Vaheed just posted:
                          http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=36505
                          It is always good to read as much as we can, opinion of those who
                          have proven themselves. (About team play and the culture).

Second, I do not know what your point is about Karimi. I used him as an example of
                          a player who is arguably one of the most talented in Iran regardless of what I personally
                          think about his behavior both off and on the field. I used him precisely to show even
                          with his zipping through traffic skills as you say, the goal outcome wasn't there in a

football) tells us that each player must be evaluated in the position he is designated to
                          play in. Karimi as a playmaker can be judged by number of opportunity he creates for
                          others to score and how he can control the game, and as striker vs Daei. In that
                          second category he is not even in the same ball park as Daei, and that's just the fact
                          and statistics not my personal opinion, and no amount of dribbling will change that.

Third, as for Daei as the TM coach, the difference between my view and yours is that while
                          I said Daei, if he can prove himself as Saipa coach in IPL can become a great head coach forTM,
                          (someday) you are so "objective" as to not make it conditional and dismiss his coaching ability
                          without knowing anything about it (it is an unkonwn at this point dah?). Worse, you make his great
                          Excellent post, Thank you!
                          VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

would you care to share with us how do you know daei knows how to coach a team? and how does he know x and os of football? how would you claim that he knows systems that some of the ipl coaches even do not know, and finally even if we thought that he knows those systems what makes you so sure that he could teach them as well too!? world is full of great players that know a lot about football but they were never cut out to be teachers and trainers!!
                            furthermore he has not attended any coaching/ licensing programs, does not have the A license and this is his first attempt at coaching. He needs to establish himself and show some persistancy and reliability that will not come this soon.

another important thing to admit is that daei ( and to a minor degree branko) is the sole responsible of the hatred and dislike of the people of Iran. fans are not stupid. They see it thru....why is it that the same fans never lifted and hit down the rest of our stars in our history?

the ones that get hit hard get hit hard for their actions and thats the way it is...you take responsibility for what you do and daei dragged this thing too long to become a nothing! watch and see that if kia, karimi , etc. would drag this on to play another world cup that they do not deserve they will get hit as hard..

another thing that daei did wrong is that he called his own people "bifarhang" daei may be a lot more educated but when you put down the very same people tht made you ali daei then you dig your own grave...

so I disagree with putting down the whole nation of football as them being responsible for riches and rags...they react to daei's actions and he messed up in that department really big..he is trying to do some PR and salvage his image now but I am afraid it is a bit too late...it is sad though..
                            Last edited by perspolees; 11-19-2006, 02:43 AM.
                            deerooz, emrooz, farda
                            zeeremonan
                            sheeshtayeea
                            The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                            Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

...I do not know what your point is about Karimi. I used him as an example of

I did not compare Daie to Karimi, I only mentioned his name because you refered to him regarding the game against Taiwan...I am completely aware that you can not truly compare two players with totally different skills that play at different position,,,my point however was that as one of the most fundamental abilities to play the game at this level is having the speed to be able to keep up with the rest of the team. Daie at the age of 37, and as a striker would lose every single one-one run to any defender, his game is now even more limited to air-balls and freekicks, once in a while..
                              he is not anything near a complete player. That's my whole point.
                              without knowing anything about it (it is an unknown at this point dah?). Worse, you make his great
                              bebin azizeh man,,,even if Daie's team win the IPL this year, which is very unlikely to happen, it doesn't give him the qualification to become tm coach, as he has absolutely no international coaching experience at any level, and that's a fact...again, I repeat, I am not trying to take any credits away from him,,,but remember that Daie to a high extend is enjoying the success that the German coach planted in Saipa and he has not proven anything to me yet,,,I am objective here,,,I would not want to even consider that a coach at daie's level, with no experience what so ever, become TM coach, I would argue the same thing against Estili, or any other young coach....
                              it seems to me that many of us here, including yourself are seeing Daie as a name and it's his name that is influencing your argument rather than his coaching experience, which is none to this point.
                              I would only want to see daie as TM coach if he gains at least 10-15 years of coaching exp in Iran as well as internationally, and prove himself to be worthy of it.
                              we should stop with worshiping names and let's see the results of the work done.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X