Karimi to become the new Azizi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karimi to become the new Azizi?

I'm afraid there are some strong similarities. Two extremely talented players who appear to have real attitude problems and therefore fail to get the best out of their talent.

We all know what happened with Azizi - instead of a great international career he ended as field walker who was making more headlines off the pitch than on it.

I'm afraid Karimi could be about to become his successor if he doesn't change his attitude. Sooner or later he might be kicked out of TM and then half Iran will always demand him as saviour and he'll give thousands of interviews about TM's coach to tabloid papers.

Is this "horror" scenario realistic or not? What do you think?

We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

PIH jan, I honestly think Karimi just lost his drive and his enthusiasm to do well. I am sure that he has fell off in the trainings and Magath has noticed that. There would be no other reason for his sudden benching and lack of play time.

When Karimi arrived in Bayern, he was motivated, and the whole country was behind him in support. He had drive and desire to do well, and that clearly showed. After the WC, he became typical Karimi and became lazy again and that resulted in even Magath losing faith in him

But MR jan you make a good parallel between Azizi and Karimi. I never thought of that before, but both cases are quite similar

Comment

He is on the curse of many people, including me.

Whatever happens to him (careerwise), I could care less.
        VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

why would you want to curse him? What has he ever done to you to deserve this?
          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Guys!
            The answer is simple, he was badly injured , couldnt have same kind of traning camp like last season and honestly i didnt expect him to get much playing time ..
            Little by little he get some playing time and today he started the game .. I guess he is in better shape than dos santos ! Santa Cruz ( who didnt do much in his new psoition) ...
            If he can get some playing time with return of Lucio( mean micho will play as midfielder), Deisler and Owen , this is another Q

Comment

teehee

.... I'm sooooo tempted to say something on the subject!

however, for the sake of everyone, I'll just suffice to say:

Karimi lacks ambition. period.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Irooni
                Guys!
                The answer is simple, he was badly injured , couldnt have same kind of traning camp like last season and honestly i didnt expect him to get much playing time ..
                Little by little he get some playing time and today he started the game .. I guess he is in better shape than dos santos ! Santa Cruz ( who didnt do much in his new psoition) ...
                If he can get some playing time with return of Lucio( mean micho will play as midfielder), Deisler and Owen , this is another Q
                I highly doubt that Karimi is going to see any playing time what so ever coming up in the next few months. Scholl just returned from injury, Deisler will be back soon, and not to mention Hargreaves.

Comment

i dunno, karimi heyfe bekhoda..he is only 28 now!
                  he reminds me of raul
                  a decade ago, they were full of praise being able to break into the starting 11at the age of 18 or 19 or something and then at the age of 28 or 29, they are fading away!!

i think karimi has reached that psychological level of satisfaction where he has no motivation to strive for anything else in the world.. (maslow's theory)
                  he has a good family, a good fortune, fame, respect, popularity, playing in one of the best teams of the world with the best players around him, playing in the worldcup..
                  all this at such a young age that he has no motivation anymore..wat more could he want?
                  winning the worldcup? impossible,,, iran wont do that anytime soon, atleast not during the times of karimi..
                  impressing big clubs? how many bigger clubs than bayern are there? the difference isnt much..bayern is big enough.
                  winning asian player of the year?? already won it..
                  winning european player of the year?? impossible..even if he puts his whole heart,soul and mind into it, there are and will be better players than him..
                  qualifying to and playing in the worldcup?..already done it..

maybe winning the asian cup in 2007 is something karimi is still looking forward too,,,but besides that, karimi has conquered almost everything..
                  but he doesnt have the desire to maintain those achievements,,,, unfortunately
                  his attitude is one who gets satisfied quite easily, and doesnt ask for much in life..

although im sure the usual party bazi, corruption, the TM usual bache bazi and unprofessional environment adds to all this...

P.S. i really wonder in wat situation karimi would be now if he was in deisler's place?? deisler has missed worldcup 2002, euro 2004 and worldcup 2006 and injured regularly ever since he was considered a prodigy in germany back in the days he palyed for hertha berlin along side DAEI !!
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
                    I highly doubt that Karimi is going to see any playing time what so ever coming up in the next few months. Scholl just returned from injury, Deisler will be back soon, and not to mention Hargreaves.

He started yesterday. Bayern isn't doing well and team is under psychological pressure. I really don't undrestand your arguments. Most of you guys dont' seem to play soccer in club level and simply fail to undrestand playing as a starter in Bayern isn't just that easy. You all blame Karimi for not wanting why do you say that? How do you know he is busting his nuts and still can't break into the first team? The guy (Karimi) is under the microscope for every bloody move he makes. Time to just back off and let the poor lad does what he likes best (playing football). That is all Karimi need, emotional support and less Hasheeyeh.

Agha Martin Karimi never becomes Azizi. Their personality is 180 degrees different. I saw Azizi in Ohare airport in Chicago and when he was in San Jose. He was the type of the guy who was hungry for limelight, to be the center of attention. Karimi on the other hand seems to be very introvert (totally opposite Azizi).

There are so many issues to earn a starter spot. A team is a like orchestra, needs a violonist, a drummer a pianist, etc. We Iranian think all players in a team must be like dribbler and playe maker. Basically we love 11 likes of Karimi to play.

Magath on the other hand needs only one playmaker and Karimi needs to compete for that one position (not 10 positions). There could be other issue, like personality clash. To me the fact that Karimi hasn't learned German is a bad and shows he isnt' fully utilizing his talent. But it shouldn't impact his soccer playing. Lots and lots of soccer stars play abroad and never learn the local language. So if Magath opnely in the Media criticized him I don't think it is fair.

One more thing, Bayern as a team isn't doing well. It is very hard to shine if your team is doing bad. Remember how Kia was blamed for not playing his 100% in 2002 qualifications. I asked him when he was in Chicago for a friedly game against Chicago Fire. He laughed and said, in Haumburg I have X, Y , Z and I know if I go for a deep run I have cover, in TM I have Kaabi (Kaabi was a pretty unknown player then), behind me. I have to divide up my energy more evently 50% offense 50% def. Point is, a single player's performance depends a lot on other players play around him as well. So if you see Karimi isnt' doing well, one factor to consider is the fact that Bayern isn't doing well.

At the end please stop making Karimi what he is not. Karimi isnt' Ronaldinio. He is a great player, but he isn't "the" player. Many of us have made Karimi such a great player that he has not where but to go down from there.
                    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                    sigpic

Comment

Success needs:

1, Talent.
                      2, Determination.
                      3, Timing.
                      4, Management.
                      5, Training.
                      6, Practice.
                      7, Concentration.
                      8, Luck.

Have all of them? Expect to be successful.

Have all but one? Sorry dude, you gotta back off, you are another "loser".

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM

Karimi lacks ambition. period.

You are right.
                        VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

I wonder if his conscious for what he did in WC is hunting him ....
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                          Go IRAN!

Comment

I think Karimi is pretty much the same person he has always been. Last season his pride in country overcame his lazyness and he put in extra effort to earn playing time. After his injury, he really did not work as hard as he needed to return to top fitness.

In comparison, Santa Cruz suffered a major injury which usually takes over 24 months to truly return to form and made a comeback in less than 12.

Karimi is what he is, a physically talented individual that lacks the mental toughness to become an elite player. There have been so many like him before. Very few accelaerate to a level like a Michael Jordan who has emense talent, but also a will to work harder than everyone else.

Our faith has been lost in Karimi. He will still have games and streches like AC2004, but he will never be a Maradona.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X