GN's selection , once again ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GN's selection , once again ......

GN strikes me as if even after all these months, is not capable of making up his mind on various players and line ups.

he has been irratic, undecisive, totally inconsistent on this matter.

I know for a fact that his "method" of selection is more based on "doing what branko didnt do" ( which was stick to one set of players for years, no matter how bad they performed ) , rather than have a mind of his own!
    It seems to me he is desperately trying to say "Oh, I give lots of chances to as many players as possible .... unlike Branko. So, I'm more open minded" !!!
    which makes him unreliable and indecisive.

and this quality is definitely not good to have for a national team coach.

now, I am not saying be like branko who killed the competition in the team , and crushed any motivation for the players outside it.
    But a little bit of decisiveness and consistency goes a long way to prove one is a capable and reliable coach who KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.

GN doesnt strike me as one.

Am I the only one who thinks its quite embarassing that we are sending our A-team to play an Olympic Korean squad? It seems that this doesnt bother anybody other than me

But it just shows how un-professional our IFF is.

Comment

quite frankly, im not so mad about his selection..
      although his decisions are confusing..

like for example, ghalenoi gave playing time to majidi more than almost all the other iranian forwards(besides enayatit) and now, he strikes off majidi but keepts the rest??

considering the starting 11 and the expected subs will more or less be the same players this game as well, inviting the other players and missing some others wont really matter much.

im quite happy to see badamaki, farshid karimi, ebrahim sadeghi there because they have all been having good games recently and deserve to be tested.
      im ok with not seeing mobali, borhani and to an extent shojaei there because im quite fed up of their inability to prove themselves although shojaei hasnt had enough chances but still, i dont think he will make it to the starting 11 or will be able to maintain his position once jabbari and navidkia come back to top form..thats if they do..

its rather ironic how people get so easily fed up of khatibi and enayati but at the same time, think players like mobali and deserve more chances.
      borhani isnt even performing in the UAE league, in a team where farhad majidi is a hero!
      on the other hand, enayati is scoring regluarly for a much weaker and less popular team regularly.

but anywayz, none of our forwards besides hashemian are anything special and we have to bear any of them who plays upfront next to him.
      maybe badamaki can make a difference, but i would like to see milad meydavoudi be given a chance. he seems to have the potentials to replace daei. oladi too can be a good candidate.
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
        Am I the only one who thinks its quite embarassing that we are sending our A-team to play an Olympic Korean squad? It seems that this doesnt bother anybody other than me
        You and me both. Much like Bronko, GN's quest has become a personal one. One where he has to prove how he can beat a foreign coach via results. He want to beat Korea just to say that he did. Its beyong embarassing, its pathetic that we are fielding all our available guns for a meaningless math (results wont change anything) against a bunch of youngins.
        NATARSID NATARSID, MA HAME BA HAM HASTIM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vahshi
          You and me both. Much like Bronko, GN's quest has become a personal one. One where he has to prove how he can beat a foreign coach via results. He want to beat Korea just to say that he did. Its beyong embarassing, its pathetic that we are fielding all our available guns for a meaningless math (results wont change anything) against a bunch of youngins.
          I agree with you to some extend, however I wonder if you ever heard about "Molla-Nasredin, his son and his donkey" story?

The story summerizes whatever the guy does there are some people critisizing. In this case, if he loses with Olympic team, he becomes a loser specially in his home turf. Winning is another story as you mentioned.

Look at his selection, to me is almost the perfect selection we can expect from any coach in the world in his first 4-5 months. Why perfect? 'cause, there will be no coach in entire world being familiar and quailified for our national team as much as QN is, still we wanna hang him. You need more explanaion? Well coacehs with more qualified, they are not familiar with us, Imagine what would be "Lippi's selection in his first or second try if he ever steps on Iran ground?", I say he listens to IFF head or any one who talks English or Italian. If you choose to be familiar as well, we need a coach to work in Iran for last 2-3 years at least, well QN proved his was the best.

Cheers,
          Last edited by Hajagha; 11-10-2006, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
            Kasra Khan, there is at least about 5 different threads on this. Korea doesn't bring his Omeed team. There is a 40 player list given to AFC on Nov 2004 and if the player's name isn't on that list he can't play. Most teams didn't give the 40 players names and left a few open. I think in Iran's case they gave 30. So, unless Korea since that day has given its Omeed team, on that list, they can not play guys any one out of that list.
            What you hear about Ommed team, is the fact that there are a few players that play in both U23 (omeed) and TM (like Borhani, Shoji. Kaabi that can play in both TM and ommeed due to their age). And Korea will let these players probably get playing times that otherwise they wouldn't have got.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
              I agree with you to some extend, however I wonder if you ever heard about "Molla-Nasredin, his son and his donkey" story?
              The story summerizes whatever the guy does there are some people critisizing. In this case, if he loses with Olympic team, he becomes a loser specially in his home turf. Winning is another story as you mentioned.
              Look at his selection, to me is almost the perfect selection we can expect from any coach in the world in his first 4-5 months. Why perfect? 'cause, there will be no coach in entire world being familiar and quailified for our national team as much as QN is, still we wanna hang him. You need more explanaion? Well coacehs with more qualified, they are not familiar with us, Imagine what would be "Lippi's selection in his first or second try if he ever steps on Iran ground?", I say he listens to IFF head or any one who talks English or Italian. If you choose to be familiar as well, we need a coach to work in Iran for last 2-3 years at least, well QN proved his was the best.
              Cheers,
              Hallalujah brother. Praise the lord man. You are reading my mind. Are you a coach? Only a coach undrestand these subtle things you are mentioning. This guy smell and ate and drank our football, he is giving chances to Aghili, Ebarheem Sadeghi and even invite Farsheed Karimi and still being balmed he is Esteghlali. He is trying Badavi that went on the black list after that incident with Rezai in China.

One day we realize how unfari we are toward GN.
              "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
              Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
              Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
                Hallalujah brother. Praise the lord man. You are reading my mind. Are you a coach? Only a coach undrestand these subtle things you are mentioning. This guy smell and ate and drank our football, he is giving chances to Aghili, Ebarheem Sadeghi and even invite Farsheed Karimi and still being balmed he is Esteghlali. He is trying Badavi that went on the black list after that incident with Rezai in China.
                One day we realize how unfari we are toward GN.
                Believe me brother, I coach much better than most of these coaches around, do you need proof? Go to Montreal and ask about Haji's team. They are bunch of 14 years old girls who kick the a$$ whoever coming in front of them.

In mu team, my keeper is my sweeper. I mean it, she is staying 35 feet in front of the net all the time. Don't tell me you saw it before. our average goal conceded is less than 0.2 per game while the other teams usually get 2-3 goals per game. "dadash Haji shireh".

Oh I forgot, they learned how to do "Laei" too. If you are not careful the ball passes between your legs amoo, no matter where have you come, Chicago or brazil.
                Last edited by Hajagha; 11-10-2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Ali jan,
                  I think what branko has done is still affecting us ( including coaches like GN ) !!

yes, I agree, that wimp became so illogical to use the main players , legioners included, even for the most inconsequential games, and not give chances to deserving players.
                  that was a very valid criticism of that idiot.

but you gotta admit, GN is so desparately trying to show he is unlike branko ( especially now that in some games, he has used the old version of Tm roster and ... ) and he's bringing new faces by the dozens.

as they say, there is ( or shd be ) a method to madness too.

in other words, na be oon bi namaki, na be in shoori-eh shoor !

the revolving door is spinning so fast that Tm is suffering from lack of consistency and coordination.
                  simply becoz of the above mentioned method.

dont get me wrong.
                  call up of players who shine and show good form is excellent.
                  taking away that unnecessary zone of comfort for all players is also great.
                  but, at the same time, the team needs to GEL.
                  and it wont gel if there's a new face for so many posts in as many games!

so, "new faces" ?
                  good.
                  too many new faces and lack of consistency?
                  not good.

==========

on the matter of bringing in legioners, I think I have made my point clear.
                  for such inconsequentia games, it is blasphemy to call up these guys, when he can easily put in the best IPL ( + uae ) alternatives.

he has tried players like kazemian ( for kia ), Nosrati ( for rahman ), kazemi & Rahmati ( for nekounam ), shojaei & mobaali ( for karimi ), ... before.
                  why not CONSOLIDATE on this ?
                  it is this consolidation that we dont see.
                  simply becoz every game or camp, the post is given to a new face!

the team is too liquid, considering the revolving door.
                  we need consolidation.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                    the revolving door is spinning so fast that Tm is suffering from lack of consistency and coordination.
                    simply becoz of the above mentioned method.

dont get me wrong.
                    call up of players who shine and show good form is excellent.
                    taking away that unnecessary zone of comfort for all players is also great.
                    but, at the same time, the team needs to GEL.
                    and it wont gel if there's a new face for so many posts in as many games!

so, "new faces" ?
                    good.
                    too many new faces and lack of consistency?
                    not good.

==========

on the matter of bringing in legioners, I think I have made my point clear.
                    for such inconsequentia games, it is blasphemy to call up these guys, when he can easily put in the best IPL ( + uae ) alternatives.

he has tried players like kazemian ( for kia ), Nosrati ( for rahman ), kazemi & Rahmati ( for nekounam ), shojaei & mobaali ( for karimi ), ... before.
                    why not CONSOLIDATE on this ?
                    it is this consolidation that we dont see.
                    simply becoz every game or camp, the post is given to a new face!

the team is too liquid, considering the revolving door.
                    we need consolidation.
                    very well said and add that his selection for substitutiing players is a bit crazy

Comment

Working...
                    X