Are you still behind Simoez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you still behind Simoez?

Before the tourney everyone (including myself) was crazy for simoez, saying he should be head coach for TM immediatley. But after these last 2 subpar perfomances from TM, do you still feel the same way about him? Was he overhyped?
    yes, rene for TM
    0%
    no, horrible perfomances in the asian games
    0%
    too soon to decide
    0%

To be honest if u guys remember these players played in the East Asian games i think about a year ago, and the team was playing good. and now i didn’t see anything special of this team, and believe it or not the players he has are good just like 2002 team and they should win this tournament, but so far he has disappointed me, I guess any Iranian coach could do the same or better job.
    I am not bashing him, but I think he just a normal coach nothing special and he did not add anything to the team.

Comment

i preferred denizli to smioez for TM even before the tourney started..
      but i am disappointed in simoez, atleast judging on these 2results after considering the good results we got in brazil...

however, we should wait and see how the team progresses towards the rest of the tourney.
      chances are omid team can handle strong teams much better than weaker ultra defensive teams...
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I dont comment yet, Too soon to say anything.

Comment

too soon...let's wait untill the end of the tournament...
          he is a good coach, i still think, and I am sure the players understanding of the game has improved under him, we will see that in the next few games, God's willing.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

The only opinion I expressed about him before, was that after we lost on
            penalty kicks to Syria couple of years ago (Omid team he coached), I
            thought he did not adaquately prepare the team for that type of situation.

Now with this team, we can make a comparison with Branko's team of 2002.
            His style of coaching is exactly what some are/were advocating: More agrresive
            play with less emphasis on defence. That's not surprising as that really
            separates South American style from European style of play, but the U23,
            the team 4 years ago was much more solid on defence and a lot less fluid in
            offence. I remember after 1-1 draw with Qatar, people were mad that the
            coach was too conservative and the team wont go anywhere. However
            we all know how that Asian game ended.

Coincidentally we conceeded 2 goals in the entire 2002 Asian games, a number
            we have already matched, with one game still left in the first round!

So it is not a strech to say the team is much much weaker in defence and
            we will need to see the outcome to see if this new style will give us the
            results. But hopefully people will realize the true meaning of trade off at
            the end of all of this, assuming we will win the whole thing.

Comment

Too early to say something. TM coach position isn't vacant anyway. Also I really don't think the given player material is that good. Poor Simoes hasn't got all options as well, since due to the age problems (and some unavailable players) he only brought 20 instead of 23 players to Doha.

Comment

I prefer to have a vatani coach for U-23 also.
                The 2002 U-23 team had a lot more talents though: Navidkia, Nekounam, Mobali, Kazemian, Kaabi and Kameli.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm
                  The 2002 U-23 team had a lot more talents though: Navidkia, Nekounam, Mobali, Kazemian, Kaabi and Kameli.
                  Yes indeed. That was an amazing squad, i remember it perfectly.

Regarding the poll, it is too soon to decide. Let's wait until the end of the tournament.

Comment

I would like to see what he does the rest of the tournament.!!

What a coach is meant 2 do is getting results nd so far hez been winning.!!
                    If we drew Hong Kong or etc id be worried!!

I still belive we can get the gold.!! We need to improve.!!

I wouldnt mind seing Oliviera taking over the u23s as soon as Simoez leaves...
                    Oliviera could jus continue what Simoez have done for the Olympic qualifiers nd the Olympics itself

Comment

All the way eventhough he will leave after the games.

He faced many troubles in Iran and despite this I am confident in him.

Correct me if I am wrong but Branko had also a bad start in Busan. Just wait and see what happens in later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi
                        Correct me if I am wrong but Branko had also a bad start in Busan. Just wait and see what happens in later rounds.
                        Well, in my eyes, Branko's team in Busan Played better football but that's my opinion and they concided only 2 goals in that tournament. Regarding results in Busan, it was kind of diffrent opponents:

390 28-09-02 Asian Games - Group IRAN Afghanistan 10 0 Gudeok
                        391 01-10-02 Asian Games - Group IRAN Lebanon 2 0 Changwon
                        392 05-10-02 Asian Games - Group IRAN Qatar 1 1 Masan
                        393 08-10-02 Asian Games-Quarter Final IRAN Kuwait 1 0 Yangsan
                        394 10.10.02 Asian Games-Semi Final IRAN South Korea 0 0 Gudeok
                        395 13-10-02 Asian Games-Final IRAN Japan 2 1 Busan

But just like you said, let's just wait and see what happends. We can't evaluate a coach efter just two games. We shall do it when the tournament is finished and the winner is crowned.

Comment

so far I havent been impressed by the team's performance, especially the forwards who are out of sync, selfish and lack any precision.

then again we shd NOT expect anything from players who play in uae league, as that league is like a swamp which saps all energy and talent from our players.
                          at best, they may maintain their form, at personal expense and practice.

borhani is a HUGE disappointment.
                          massive one!
                          Oladi is not far behind either.

I feel simoez is keeping his cards close to himself for the big games. I think he has plans for the likes of kolah-kaj and even khorsandi.
                          and means to reveal them at the right moment.

I wont judge simoez's work yet as they all have had a series of bad luck and unfortunate mishaps , like missing players, uncooperative clubs like that shit sharjah who refused to release shojaei, or .... .
                          as well as the ban happening so close to the games, ... etc.

I am ready to give him a couple of more opportunities to judge him.
                          lets hope he is a good poker player.

===========

only a couple of players have really impressed. zareh being one, then kolahkaj, the other.
                          Hosseini ( over-age player ) shows promise too.
                          but the team needs a LEADER in the middle.
                          shojaei would have come handy here
                          Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 12-05-2006, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm
                            2002 squad was like the Golden Squad for Iran

Comment

Of course i dnt want Simoez to leave Iran but what do you guys think about Oliviera Taking over Simoez aftet the Asian Games...

They are 2 coaches who have been working together for a long time nd Oliviera could simply just continue what Simoez have started.!!

Would that be a good idea???

Of course I reali want Simoez to stay.!!

Comment

Working...
                              X