Olympic teams's coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic teams's coach

Just over 2 months left to the first Olympic qualifier, against very tough opponents consisting of Australia, Saudis and Jordan. To say this is a tough group is an understatement.

Almost 2 months, for a team that does not exist, is not enough by any means. I say the team doesn’t exist, becoz dear Simoes, instead of gathering more players eligible for the more important Olympics qualifiers, decided to go branko’s way and concentrate on saving his own arse, by choosing a huge number of in-eligible and overage players for the Asian games.
    Not only he lost the chance at building and solidifying a strong team for the Olympic Q’s, he also lost the Asian games and … the rest is history.

Now, whoever takes the reigns, must do the miraculous and the impossible task of gathering the right set of players, making a team out of them, conducting enough tests and preparatory games to hone them into a cohesive unit, and get them ready for the huge games against very strong oppositions !
    Good luck to Mr X.

Rumor has it that there are two possible candidates for the job: Farhad Kazemi & Majid Jalali.
    Both are out of work, and haven’t been delivering the goods lately. But records indicate they CAN produce if the right tools are provided.

While Jalali’s strong points are his technical and tactical knowledge and theories, Kazemi’s is in a more practical and a more hands-on approach that relies on psychology and team spirit.

Ideally, if we could have both, it would make a strong combination. But we may be denied, due to ego and other factors foreseeable.

Who do you prefer to lead the Olympic team?

For those who advocate a foreigner as the coach, plz consider that there is not enough time for a newcomer to come in, get familiar with our football, players, system, …. And all the rest of what makes our football a difficult environment.

If you have any other suggestions, plz do mention. But keep in mind that if this choice is already coaching a club or team, his chances are very slim as most probably the IFF will want coaches who have no ties to any clubs/teams and are free 24/7.
    Farhad Kazemi
    0%
    Majid Jalali
    0%
    Other ( Plz mention )
    0%

The poll is expired.

well since no khareji will be hired,,i go with jalali.
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

well..i was thinking of choosing the coach who has been more exposed to the players who will be participating in the olympics team so that the coach can atleast save some time in understanding the players...

usually there are some clubs who contribute more to the olympic team than other clubs because the have alot of young players playing in the team already...
      i really dont know which players will be able to play but for example, if a team like pas will have a high number of players for the olympics team, i think going with jalali will be a good option because jalali knows the pas team like his own "kafe dast" and this is a great advantage considering the 2 months time left...
      likewise, farhad kazemi was with peykan if im not mistaken? so if there's gonna be a good number of players for peykan, maybe choosing kazemi is a better option because there isnt enough time for that understanding to be created between players and a new coach. in this way, atleast we are starting with an advantage, however slight it is, because its better than starting from 0!
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

As DD jan says,there is no time..........
        So, How about asking simoez back ??
        Who is going to do a better job in two mounths ?
        I know,he has some critics, but this is not the time ....he is better than those choices presented , and he was after all distracted by his duagther's health, and loseing key players,and the last minute FIFA disqualification thing,and many other hurdles...........and he just lost to a very good QATAR team whom where playing a host...and third place in asia.
        We just can not keep changing coaches like under-wear.we have to stick with some,specialy,IRAN is not that atractive a country for lot of coaches to come in.

Comment

given the following factors:

1- Extremely short time left
          2- Very tough opponents ( aussies, KSA, )
          3- not very high morale for the Omid players, what few of them eligible for Olympic Q's.

I'd say we wont find many takers for the job, unless they got balls the size of a truck!
          to regroup the chosen players, add new guys , lay down the system and tactics, attempt to make a cohesive team out of them needs plenty of time.
          then comes experience and preparation for this team, which shd mean at least 8-9 good quality test games , which is an impossibility.
          then to face that kind of opposition?

I'm afraid no coach, good or bad, will be willing to risk his reputation and career over this "road hazzard"!

unless you get someone like GN who is either too stupid & rash, or is extremely gutsy and risk-taking to take over this job.

================

yashar jan, Kazemi was fired from Peykan recently, and is not having any job.

I voted for Kazemi, inspite of my fondness for Jalali.
          simple becoz I believe the lack of time works against Jalali, who is more methodical and needs time to lay down his theories and tactics.

whereas Kazemi is more into psychology and practical aspects of football, which shd suit our team , given the short time and all the problems we've been facing recently.
          His inclination towards an attacking football suits our natural style of football also.

=================

zz jan, there's no guarantee Simoes' daughter's health issue will be solved by tomorrow, and as it is we are very far behind in terms of forming the team, which is the very first step !!!

who's to say even if we bring Simoes back, his mind and attention will not be diverted to Brazil ?
          I dont think he is the right choice ( even if he is a capable coach ), unless his peripheral issues are solved right now, today, and he comes back in the next 2-3 days and starts working right away.
          you think that's possible?
          Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 12-17-2006, 02:52 AM.

Comment

I can not believe my eyes
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
            Go IRAN!

Comment

Not a bad idea DD for a short term goal. If the Iranian coach succeeds we'll keep him, if not maybe replacing him by a foreign coach could be the answer.

Comment

how about that oliveira guy? simoes friend ,, the U19 coach?

Comment

How about Ali Daei?
                  I know he probably can't combine it with his job at Saipa, but it would've been great if he could start his international coaching career over there.
                  Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

lol!!
                    coach factor again lol

in khar mire yeki dige miyad
                    till we do rootwork our football is as such and there is really not much of a difference who the coach should be
                    panjali, jalali, kazemi, heshmat, ferguson, hiddink, etc...they are all teh same for the puzzle called football irani!!
                    deerooz, emrooz, farda
                    zeeremonan
                    sheeshtayeea
                    The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                    Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

I am not too convinced with Jalali...there is more hype around him than achievements. The man has not delivered anything significant except for a single league championship; the same can be said of Kazemi......not a whole lot of achievements.

However, like always...due to shortage of time ...requirement for a foreign coach who understands Iranian culture (this one always makes me laugh!), lack of resources and the list goes on.....It would make very little difference whoever is selected.

Maybe with a stroke of luck, Iran makes it to the Olympics, or maybe a really talented team is created and plays some wonderful football although it does not make it to the finals. In any case, I doubt that such achievement will be credited to the coach (whoever he might be)

It does not make that much of a difference because the coach will be labeled "Khar " anyway regardless to color , language or race ...so ...what is the point !!!!!

On the other hand ...I suppose we should not give up just because a bunch of amateurs is running sport in Iran.....

sigpic

Comment

today's news: Panjali got the appointment.

LLOOLLL ... now, who's against Jalali becoming the coach?
                        I doubt you'd find many who'd pick Panjali ( a great player. but as a coach? puh-leeeezz , be serious now ) over Jalali.

and all the time I thought things couldnt get worse !!!!!!!!!

=============

btw, majid jan, Kazemi got one league and one cup title. his team also showed they play well against the asian clubs and on both occasions missed advancing manily due to inexperience more than anything else.
                        Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 01-01-2007, 05:24 PM.

Comment

actually jallai has won 1 IPL trophy with Pas and 1 Jame Hazfi trophy with Saba...
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Gholam Peyrovani

Gholam Peyrovani would have been great but Sepasi needs him.

Comment

Working...
                            X