What i think will kill Iranian football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i think will kill Iranian football

We all know that in terms of fans Esteghlal Tehran and Persepolis Tehran dominate Iranian football, they make Iranian football what it is, yet surely this can kill Iranian football because we see teams such as Rah Ahan Tehran get pretty much no supporters week in week out and the figures don't lie. Personally i support Abu Moslem and i know the people of Mashhad heavily support the team however i hate the fact that the dominance of the 2 big teams is killing others out, not necessarily in terms of sucess but in terms of power. Mustafa Denzili has reportedly already been payed 400M Toman, a ridiculous amount of money however teams such as Malavan could never pay this much money because they don't get that kind of money from the government.

So how do teams get fans?

HISTORY HISTORY HISTORY, the bottom line is that teams other than Esteghlal, Persepolis and Pas have no history they seem as if they were manufactured to make up the numbers.
    Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Every league in the world has a similar problem with dominant teams.Those leagues have not died and neither will Iran's. The Persian Gulf league is also young so it is not a surprise to see weak turnout for the less popular teams. Time is needed so that those teams can find regional support. If they can't other promoted teams can take their place.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Well in England's FA Premier League most teams have great amounts of support....and i don't think the cap is as large between the teams as it is between PP, SS and the others...
      Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

the I.R. , for the most part
        sigpic
        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

without Perspolis and esteghlal, there would be no Iranian football, there have always been teams knowns as the 'ghotb-hay football' in any country with football history. These teams bring passion and excitment to the game and as long as all teams are treated equally, their presence can only be good for our football.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
            without Perspolis and esteghlal, there would be no Iranian football, there have always been teams knowns as the 'ghotb-hay football' in any country with football history. These teams bring passion and excitment to the game and as long as all teams are treated equally, their presence can only be good for our football.
            I agree with you about that. Persepolis and Esteghlal bought rivalry and passion to the sport, but its saddening to see games in Shiraz and Esfahan where the away team has more support than the home team.
            In England a local league team always has support even if they're playing Man United.

Comment

I am sorry but esteghlal is not a fan powerhouse either!
              look at wha they average in their home and away games and what persepolis does...not even close!
              last year persepolis was more than 2.5 times what they brought in
              problem is the shahrestanis do not support their own as well
              deerooz, emrooz, farda
              zeeremonan
              sheeshtayeea
              The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
              Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi
                I agree with you about that. Persepolis and Esteghlal bought rivalry and passion to the sport, but its saddening to see games in Shiraz and Esfahan where the away team has more support than the home team.In England a local league team always has support even if they're playing Man United.
                but that is no longer the case nokhodi jan,,,,in shiraz, isfehan, ahvaz, mashhad, kerman,,,the home teams always have more fans comapre to the away teams when they play perspolis or esteghlal....in the past few years, shahrestani teams, at least at home, had for the most part had the advantage against the Red or the blues.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
                  but that is no longer the case nokhodi jan,,,,in shiraz, isfehan, ahvaz, mashhad, kerman,,,the home teams always have more fans comapre to the away teams when they play perspolis or esteghlal....in the past few years, shahrestani teams, at least at home, had for the most part had the advantage against the Red or the blues.

not true!
                  deerooz, emrooz, farda
                  zeeremonan
                  sheeshtayeea
                  The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                  Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

sorry but i don't really understand the question? Are you suggesting that dominance of a few teams kills others or that the amount of fans is?

If a club can't get enough fans, eventually it has no existence rights. Soccer is for the people, the fans, when you have none or just a few, your dead.

The only bad thing i see, is the support from the government
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                    X