Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GN be trusted with bringing home the Asian Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can GN be trusted with bringing home the Asian Cup?

Now and after 6 months of having him in charge, I have seen few bright points in the team, but I still don't see anything new that GN has brought to TM that can make me believe that we have a chance of winning against the big boys in Asia. We now only have 6 good months untill the start of the Asian cup, and if a change in the coaching staff doesn't happen in the next month or so,,,forget about the Asian Cup with GN in charge.
    Yes, GN is the right man for the job and can bring home the cup
    0%
    NO, he is not a qualified coach and our chances are very very slim with him in charge
    0%
    Regardless of who the coach is, we don't have what it takes to win the cup this year
    0%
    We don't have a better option, so we have no choice but to support him and pray for a miracle
    0%

The poll is expired.

sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

oh let me add that to his credit, inviting players like Mobali, Kabi and a few other younger guys is a plus, but I don't think he has the tactical ability to creat a continental champion out of TM.
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

one thing i wanna point out is that, once we got the whole TM including legionnaires, we are gonna play with 2 defensive midfielders and one offensive one (teymourian & nekounam + karimi) rather than 2 offensive ones and one defensive one like he did in dubai...
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
        one thing i wanna point out is that, once we got the whole TM including legionnaires, we are gonna play with 2 defensive midfielders and one offensive one (teymourian & nekounam + karimi) rather than 2 offensive ones and one defensive one like he did in dubai...
        you are right,, but we still have 6 months left, he might play 4-4-2 like he did against hamburg,, who knows

like this:

---------Goalie------------
        ----Nosrati----Rezaei------
        Kaebi-------------Sadeghi-

------Ando-----Javad-----
        Mehdi---------leftwinger?-

-------------Karimi-------
        --Hashemian-------------

or like this with ando as a central midfielder

---------Goalie------------
        ----Nosrati----Rezaei------
        Kaebi-------------Sadeghi-

--------Javad------------
        Mehdi--Ando--leftwinger?-

-------------Karimi-------
        --Hashemian-------------

Comment

where is the option that we will win no matter what?

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
            where is the option that we will win no matter what?
            perhaps we should have that option as well,,,but I am a realist

joke aside though, it's kind of hard to think of our current team as potentially continental champions.

Go Iran.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
              perhaps we should have that option as well,,,but I am a realist

joke aside though, it's kind of hard to think of our current team as potentially continental champions.

Go Iran.
              besides australia, who are the 2 teams who most people would say are the best in asia? Japan and Korea. In the important game vs japan, we won. We won our last 2 games vs korea as well. So i like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                besides australia, who are the 2 teams who most people would say are the best in asia? Japan and Korea. In the important game vs japan, we won. We won our last 2 games vs korea as well. So i like our chances.
                you're actually right, against Japan and Korea, we have good records. Actually i've got more faith in games against them, than agains, for example Syria

but on topic: GN has no future in TM, we need a quality coach and we need him fast! my choice would be a dutch coach
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

GN is improving the team, and are squad is good enough to win.

Our key to success relies on fielding the proper players. I think two dm will weaken us significantly, especially since GN plays Karimi on the lw in such a formation. We should only play with one dm and reintroduce Kaebi into the midfield which will reunite the KKK, giving us the offensive force necessary to dominate Asian teams.

This would take shape with a 3-4-3 formation

------------Mirzapour

-----Nosrati---Rezaei---Hosseini/Sadeghi

------------Nekounam
                  Kaebi-------------------Manei
                  ------------Karimi

Mahdavikia
                  ------------------------Enayati
                  -----------Hashemian
                  The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

I'm with khabalood jan ( although his line up is a different matter )

playing 2 def-mids denies our team of much offensive options and the team will be devoid of a true playmaker.

what compels me to say this is how GN has improved the miserable state of our left defense ( since past 2 years ) with inclusion of good left defenders like Aghili and Sadeghi ( whom shd have been called much MUCH earlier and prior to the WC , had it not been for ..... aaahh, leave that crap )

So with a more solid defense and return of Rezai, and placing the solid Nosrati in the center ( for the suspect yahya's post ) , I think even one def-mid ( nekounam or ando ) would be sufficient enough for the asian opponents.

therefore, it leaves a spot open for a proper "playmaker" be it karimi ( if in form ) or Shojaee or Mobaali, or Jabbari ( if in form ) or ..., which will be a boost to our striking ability and forwards who NEED and feed on a playmaker's distribution and handling.

I think we have the required talent and players with ample experience.
                    We also have enough time, if IFF and TM staff ( be it GN or X or Y ) act responsibly and wisely, to be one of the 4 favorites of the games.

With a little bit of luck, I can see us in the finals.
                    and there arent many "finals" where we have lost. our Achille's heel is in the semis, where we fail often ! How many third and fourth placings we have as opposed to a "runner up" spot ?

Comment

There is no way Ghalenoei would not field Ando & Nekunam in their current form, unless an injury or something unexpected happens. Both fit his startegy, and with them training in Europe, we may see new dimensions into their game such as better play making. Regardless though, they will play. Ghalenoei is not going to trade their place w/ a UAE player or else. He is using Enayati just because he has to. And he is even working on that (Dejagah).

Having said all of that, Iran's line up would be the same no matter what you see on the way of preparation, just like Branko's. Why? Because of Europe based players and their distance from the rest, once they train and compete in Europe. It is a reality that has nothing to do with whoever takes over.

So, Put Rezaei, Kia, Karimi, Hashemian, Nekunam, and Ando in your line up and then fill in the blanks! Mirza if he catches up, Enayati, if Dejagah doesn't show and no other forward pops(the most questionable part), Nosrati becuase there is no Europe base for him, Vahedi because he is doing what Ghalenoei wants in left(the "1" of 3+1 line up in defense, that can also help the offense). And .... one more defender, either Kaabi if Ghalenoei plays HSV game system, or a tall defender, if he plays Stuttgart game system.

Mirza(Talebloo)
                      Kaabi,Nosrati,Rezaei,Vahedi OR Rezaei,Nosrati,Sadeghi w/ Vahedi
                      Kia-Ando-Nekunam-Karimi
                      Hashemian-Enayati(Dejagah OR Badamaki,Jabbari if either catch up and switching w Karimi in 3-5-2)

There are two positions open. One defender depending on the system, and one forward/midfield. The rest are not, no matter what is being displayed as a "show", just like Branko's days that we could guess Iran's line up w/ excpetion of two positions, six month in advance ...
                      Last edited by Mansoor; 01-17-2007, 09:03 AM.
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                      Go IRAN!

Comment

It depends. I think if we can get Dejagah for the Asian Cup, that will of course be a big help

Comment

I think that GN does not have much choice to go on with a team that is in place from before WC tournament.

My only concern (I hope that I am wrong) is that his ideologies and views does bias his selection.

Like Passarella did few years back for Argentina, he did not pick any Argentinian players with long hairs and team suffered of that (Batistituta was ignored while he was at the top of his form), I am concerned that GN also for some extra sportive reasons refuse to select some good players.

Dejagah is a good test to see how GN will react with the players. He is right now in a good shape, plays well, and *seems* being interested to play for our Team melli, GN should consider giving him a chance at least go and spend some time in Germany to supervise him.

Comment

Originally posted by eshgheiran
                            Dejagah is a good test to see how GN will react with the players. He is right now in a good shape, plays well, and *seems* being interested to play for our Team melli, GN should consider giving him a chance at least go and spend some time in Germany to supervise him.

is he really? i say that because i read a lot of confusing things and TM never even invited him to a friendly(which would be a very good move, sincse you assure that he will only be able to play for 'us' no matter what)
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL
                              is he really? i say that because i read a lot of confusing things and TM never even invited him to a friendly(which would be a very good move, sincse you assure that he will only be able to play for 'us' no matter what)
                              He mentioned it in some interviews. But then you never are sure what is true and what is not.

I saw few of his games this season, he is doing good, and really, if Khatibi can have his chance with TM, then he should be as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X