Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GN be trusted with bringing home the Asian Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eshgheiran
    if Khatibi can have his chance with TM, then he should be as well.
    thats so true, but will GN / IFF give him that chance, i doubt it
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Now and after 6 months of having him in charge, ...
      Not being very related, above quote reminded me a joke that the guy told "my son is going to University of Tehran" ... "of course in Fridays for pray".

6 months in charge with seeing his players less than 6 days.... I am not defending any one though.

You know I came to the conclusion that National team coaches are nothing but "good selection" ability. Well, in the other post, Hadi claims 80% of our team Melli is already selected and no one can change it due to reality check.

As I said, I am not defending any one. I haven't even seen the recent matches of TM.

In the last two days I saw two of my favourite players (Fabrigas and C. Ronaldo) were playing for their national teams (Spain and Portugal), I tell you guys their moves and palying have no different than the way they paly in their clubs. What did the national team coaches do for these two and the rest of the team? Nothing, just put them on the pitch.

Did I defend? No.

Cheers,
      Last edited by Hajagha; 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
        Did I defend? No.
        you defended, you are guilty of defending.
        don't defend again Haji joon.
        sigpic
        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Sorry but I believe that he wont bring home the cup..not even 5th place as a matter of fact.

Believe me, like you, I really want Iran to get the AC after WC, but with GN, we're not gonna win anything.

Yes, he does invite youngsters, but I think that he doesn't use them good enough. Another bad thing that I think is our problem is not seeing Zandi in TM. If we play a 3-5-2, then Mobali could play left and Zandi could be support for Mr. Hashemian.

That is one option.

The other is that Zandi would go to left wing with Sadeghi or Nosrati behind him. Now you might argue that we he Vahedi for left wing, but I think he is one of the worst options for left wing, the same way Khatibi and Enayati are for up front.

Enayati is not good, because he does not finish when it counts, and has a tremendous amount of ghoroor. He thinks that he is better than other players and that won't bring us ahead an inch. Remember WC? "Jenazeye manam miavordan, gol mizadam." <--- how does that build him a better relationship with TM players?

Khatibi. The fast little guy. He is a good striker but a better Midfielder. I think that he is too much of a ball hog. We saw that against Belarus. There were a few situations where we could've scored but didn't because he didnt feel like passing the ball. Yes, he runs a lot, he dribbles alot..but if anything, we can use him in 4 years instead of Karimi...of course, if Karimi has retired and Mobali hasnt replaced him already..

Nikbakht. Ugh. Another selfish player. He puts on 2L of gel on his hair, complains alot and fights with other players. "Man ke behet goftam bayad bodoee jeloo..CHERA NADOEEDEE??" You know what I'm saying. He also wastes chances but running for ages and then making a wrong pass. He is slow, dribbles too much without being able to...

My 2 cents..
          Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
          محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
          - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

i bet we'll finish top 16 though, I can put money down on that Dreamer jan
            sigpic
            Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

If by "trusting GN .." you mean whether we would feel comfortable with GN leading our team to a championship in Asia, no I don't feel that way. I don't think anyone does. but then again it's been a long time since we could feel somewhat comfortable with our chances. Even in the old days before 1979 we were always worried about Korea/Iraq..

I doubt that GN will have much effect on the team's overall potentials. Our team is made up of the same usual players who have been playing for us for a while now and we already know what they can and what they can 't do. And most people agree on at least 7 or 8 starters (and rightfully so!)

therefore, How far we go in the AC games will mostly depend on what form these key players are at the time of the tournament. True, the coach will have his role in the overall success and failure but I think GN is neither good enough for the team to succeed because of him, nor is he so bad that he would hurt the team so badly.

He is almost irrelevant, Almost!

Comment

Originally posted by behzadb
                If by "trusting GN .." you mean whether we would feel comfortable with GN leading our team to a championship in Asia, no I don't feel that way. I don't think anyone does. but then again it's been a long time since we could feel somewhat comfortable with our chances. Even in the old days before 1979 we were always worried about Korea/Iraq..

I doubt that GN will have much effect on the team's overall potentials. Our team is made up of the same usual players who have been playing for us for a while now and we already know what they can and what they can 't do. And most people agree on at least 7 or 8 starters (and rightfully so!)

therefore, How far we go in the AC games will mostly depend on what form these key players are at the time of the tournament. True, the coach will have his role in the overall success and failure but I think GN is neither good enough for the team to succeed because of him, nor is he so bad that he would hurt the team so badly.

He is almost irrelevant, Almost!
                behzad-b jaan....
                I must say,that ,in my opinion, he is indeed,so bad,that he would hurt TM badly !!!
                The issue , is just not,which players are chosen.....
                It is matter of , what these players have been coached ??
                1- The players, under GN,do not have a clue,as what is going on !!

2- The players,have not been told to decide,as where they are going to pass the ball,before recieving it !!......these is one reason the team is so slow.

3-the individual players have not been assigned ,many particular duties....!! and this is another reason,the team is so slow.

4-The individual players,seem not be sure,as how the game is developing,or how it should.

5-the players , have not developed, triangular,sub teams, or group chamistry....as this makes players, not to know, how thier team mate is going to act !!!!.........as this causes,misjudgment ,on fellow player's decisions.

6-The team, has no apparant, strategy,nor partcular tactics.on preplanned set plays........!!...this also makes team to be slow.

7-The players, lack, proper motivation.

8-The team,has no killer instinct.

9-The team,is very prodictable !

10-the team,is unimmaginative.

11-The team is slow !

12-the players,do not seem to have the proper frame of mind, nor,killer instict,nor,finishing abilities,nor creativity.
                Conclusion:

....GN, by, underutelizing,and under-coaching.....is hurting TM.

Comment

i think that we iranians, because we feel we have never had a legitimate coach, have become oghdeyee and overrate the effects of a coach. the system in place has barely changed from the branko days-

yet other, more positive changes have taken place.

1.) our squad has been under the immense pressure of the world cup, most of the starters have played in the asian cup, and i think this confidence will do wonders for our team.

2.) we have SIX solid legionnaires

3.) no asian team really impressed me during the world cup with the slight exception of australia.

i think that, with a bit of luck, and no disasters, we should make it to the finals.

Comment

Working...
                  X