Lets face it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets face it...

Lets face it, GN and his fellow buddies in TM are only fooling themselves.
    To this day, GN's biggest positive point and merit has been the fact that he has invited some new faces to TM and given them the chance to play. But the truth is, just like with Branko, 70% of our starting eleven for the Asian Cup is already decided and GN has proven that he too relies heavily on foreign based players in important matches.

These players will most probably be fixed players and only the positions with a question mark are up for grabs (considering the fact that GN uses 3-5-2)

-------------------------???---------------------------
    ----------Nosrati--------Rezaie---------???------------
    ---Mahdavikia---Teymorain---Nekonam---Karimi---???---
    ----------------Hashemian---???-----------------------

So in reality, all this "show" and populist propaganda of GN giving new faces a chance is just a trick. He knows that those players will surely start our first match in the Asian Cup. And even for those question marks, only a few players are in "reality" competing. For example, the GK spot is between Rodbarian, Talebloo and Mirzapor. Left center back is between Sadeghi and Hosseini. Left wing is between Madanchi, Nikbakht and striker position is between Enayati, Khatibi, and maybe Borhani.

And on the bench we are going to see the ever familiar faces like Kazemian, Mobali, Borhani, Shakori, Kaebi, Madanchi etc....

Sure, we do have some great new talent and potential in TM like Ebrahim Sadeghi, Asadi, Rajabzadeh, Montazeri, Badamaki and Zare and we also have some players who are far from TM material like Kazemi and Aghili but non of these names will get real playing time when it counts.

So if you think about it, the TM (player-wise) is not so different from Banko's TM and I don't blame GN. The fact is, some of our players play in an entirely different class and are irreplaceable.

So what about the tactics of TM? what has GN given us so far that Branko or other coaches didn't? Our TM bench is so full of coaches that there isnt enough space for our subs to sit. What have all these "coaches" contributed? Is in not that Naser Ebrahimi, our assistant coach is arguably the worst coach of IPL in the past 4 years and was literally out of job before being called up to TM? isn't Afshin Peyrovani the most inexperienced coach ever with 0 match experience? Karim Boostani was a B class goal keeper coach in IPL and Komasi's fitness training has long been outdated and was one of the reasons why Perspolis has failed in the past 3 seasons.

TM has obviously no game plan whatsoever. GN is simply not able to make use of our players. Just like all other Iranian TM coaches, his team is highly Dependant on luck and chance and not so much tactics. TM is not playing a more attractive football compared to Branko's last year in charge. And do not Expect any improvements because TM will have 1 more friendly in 2-3 months and then will go to camp for the Asian Games.

Let me conclude by asking a question. Do you think our TM deserves to win the Asian Cup with a coaching staff, federation and performance that we can see today, while there are teams like Australia and South Korea?

Hadi jan....I couldn't say it better myself.....
    The point is not just addition of new faces or not.....the point as you also suggested, is that GN , has had nothing to offer, and more over, TM has regresed and is far more slower, and less tactical.......
    TM , has no Chamistry under GN..................
    His style of coaching is ,way too elementary to be the champion of ASIA...
    And I wonder, where are those members here ,who had ,out of this world, expectations with Branko ..... ??

Comment

Great read Hadi jan

I just am sure that we will lose in the Asian Cup, probably in the first game of the 2nd round. So we shouldnt hype this team up for no reason and give ourselves false hope, because we would only be building ourselves higher for a bigger let down. We should aknowledge it now, that under GN, our TM wont go anywhere in the AC and thats a fact.

Comment

One, very important indication....is, the secound half, of all the games TM has had under GN.....
        If what they say , " Secound half,is the coaches half ", correct....we are in trouble.

Comment

I don't think there is anything wrong to have a main team in mind, which he obviously has, a few months ahead of a major tournament. It's too late for a completely fresh start anyway.

The door is still open for any player and also almost every player of the extended roster has a chance to play himself into the first team with good performances - some like Khatibi or Rajabzadeh seem on a good way.

Comment

well said Hadi jan,,,I think most people know that logically thinking we don't have a good chance with GN and Ibrahimi type people in the Asian Cup, I just feel bad for the people of Iran who will have another dissappointment this summer and we will go through the cycle again,,,a below-average foreign coach is selected with "dalalbazi and partybazi", then he will go home after a year or so and we will bring a vatani coach and...

ta ground work anjam nasheh to footballeh ma, we will have no success in asia or world cups anymore.
            sigpic
            Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

good post, thank you!

well said, too bad that IFF and a whole lot of fans don't see this. Sometimes i think that coaches like GN plan friendlies against weak oponents, so TM wins and fans stay quiet.
              With this, putting winning above learning and gaining much needed experience....

Iran needs a foreign coach, a coach that can really bring our players to a new level. My favourite was and still is a dutch coach!
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
                I don't think there is anything wrong to have a main team in mind, which he obviously has, a few months ahead of a major tournament. It's too late for a completely fresh start anyway.
                The door is still open for any player and also almost every player of the extended roster has a chance to play himself into the first team with good performances - some like Khatibi or Rajabzadeh seem on a good way.
                Martin jan I am also supporting the idea of having a first team in mind. it's natural. But from the firstday GN came, he and the federation fooled everyone by claiming that TM is going to be a fresh TM with "beautiful raw persian football" but in reality, all we are seeing is Branko's squa playing Ali Asghari football.

Comment

i agree with u hadi,,, most of our team players are known and thats exactly why i never really blamed branko for having fixed starters..

BTW..the second striker besides hashemian is also fixed..its Enayati..
                  the only reason he didnt play against belarus was cos he wasnt there..
                  otherwise enayati and hashemian are our 2 fixed strikers..
                  our 5 midfielders are 99% fixed :kia, karimi, ando and nekounam..the 5th one is 99% nikbakht unless madanchi or asadi really cause some miracles and win over the spot..
                  the 3 defenders are 90% fixed again, nosrati and rezai are 100%..the third one is most probably sadeghi cos ghalenoi believes in him since his days at esteghlal..i personally have liked aghilli's performance..but anywayz...
                  and the GK is fixed, its mirzapour...
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

thats the way it should be!
                    he has a team in mind with open spots, and the spirit of competition that no one has a secure spot, THIS IS NOT HOW BRANKO WAS!
                    deerooz, emrooz, farda
                    zeeremonan
                    sheeshtayeea
                    The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                    Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Of course if we had to play important games (AC games for instance) we would want the best players available out there and I think if GN replaces any of the 7 or 8 fixed players most of us would call him crazy (I wouldn't but most of us would ). I mean how can you go against (VH, Kia, Teymoorian, nekoonam, karimi, Rezai, Nosrati). that's 7. at least for the next foreseeable future, in any meaningful game, GN is going to ride on the same legs Branko did. Except for one huge difference! There be no Daie! that's practically the only difference between Branko's team and Gn's team.

having Sadeghi or whom ever, on the left back spot is not much better than what branko had there (nosrati), ok, maybe a little better. the other spots are very much the same, except Daie's and golmamad's. Hashemian takes Daie's spot and Nosrati takes golmamad's. (two branko's team starters replacing two other branko's team starters!) the four midfielders are the same as the WC team and the fifth midfielder and the second forward will be from Branko's bench warmers. Of course, if Mirza was healthy, he would have been another Branko's team starter , starting at TM under GN.

I hope I was clear enough.

Comment

another issue we shd face too is that with the new Tm roster, one of the biggest trouble spots of branko's team, LEFT BACK, has seen substantial improvement over the former team.

except the belarus game, either of the selected two, Sadeghi or Aghili have done far better job as left backs than using nosrati or zareh in that post.

-----------

secondly, as persi jan said, with the new team, almost none of the posts are locked and sealed for the mentioned players.
                        Karimi falters, he is subbed.
                        VH drops form, he is subbed or changed
                        even when mirza was fit, still roudi or talebloo got games under their belts.

so when the complacency is removed and players are not guaranteed of their position, they strive to maintain form and play hard, which will ultimately benefit our TM.

-------------------

third, not to support the dropping of kaabi, but we must "face it" again that Shakouri and co have done almost as good the job in defending as kaabi in defense.

----------

Comment

again,,,we keep talking about branko when he is gone and done,,,,TM coaching discussions should not bring up branko,,,let's focus on GN and what he has done right and wrong.
                          sigpic
                          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                            another issue we shd face too is that with the new Tm roster, one of the biggest trouble spots of branko's team, LEFT BACK, has seen substantial improvement over the former team.
                            except the belarus game, either of the selected two, Sadeghi or Aghili have done far better job as left backs than using nosrati or zareh in that post.
                            -

Well, pez jan, thats different.

GN plays a 3 defensive formation, 3-5-2, as opposed to Branko who played the 4-2-3-1, the 4 flat defensive formation needs a geniune left wing player, but the 3 does not. So I wouldnt attribute this to GN solving the problem, but rather running away from it

Comment

peyman khan..
                              sorry to be picky, but how do u know if hashemian or karimi dont play well enough, ghalenoi will substitute them??
                              no such occasion has come up so far for u to say this with such confidence...
                              Originally posted by siavasharian
                              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
                              X