So we play Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we play Ukraine

A good opposition, but not quite preparing us for our group matches.

For them it's a good test, because they'll face Saudi Arabia.

Anyway, considering the political situation, we can be happy we got another WC finalist as opposition.

You comments?

Very happy,Ukraine is very strong and many football experts see them as best team from all underdogs.They have shown that they are really good in their Qualification.

Will be a hard test,let's say Ukraine is on the same level as Mexico.

Comment

Very happy with the friendly. I just wished it was an away friendly. The effect of an away match is much more for our TM.

Comment

I think if indeed we get this match and their WC team shows up at Azadi, it
        will be a great match and good prep game. They qualified from a very tough
        group with 7 and not 6 teams, like some other groups.

Just a quick summary of their achievment:
        Only loss to Turkey 1-0. But they beat Turkey 3-0 on the second leg in Istanbul!
        They beat European champion Greece in Greece!
        They beat Denmake in Denmark.

From the above and the rest of their stats, one can conclude that they play
        even better at the opponents than at home.

Now here's a thing about our opponents: I really don't subscibe to the theory that
        in order to prepare for say Mexico, we should play against U.S because they were
        in the same group. All our opponents have unique style of play and we need to
        simply prepare against solid teams. I would have loved to see us play against
        Netherland or Czech Republic even though none of the teams we play against
        will be like these two. Don't forget, that if our prep games are very different than
        the teams we will play against, they have LESS tapes to go to, to figure us out.

I think Ukraine will test our defence very well, as Ukrainen have a potent offence and
        our offence will be tested very well too, Ukraine scored 18 goals and conceded only 7,
        in 12 matches.

Comment

As long as this friendly ACTUALLY happens - it is a good one. Not necessarily the ideal choice given our group, but when we're in the present situation, it could be quite a good match to really see where we stand against tough European contension.
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Just the fact that Ukrain is well respected in Europe these days and considering if Shevchenko plays it will be a good experience for our defenders like Nosrati and Golmohammadi since they only play in IPL. Overall, it is a good friendly, but let s not forget the only reason Ukrain accpeted this is because of KSA being in their group I m assuming.
            Let s hope Team Melli displays a good performance and good passes and runs off the ball. The result won't matter but if we play like the way we did against Macedonia then we are in really big trouble.....
            ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

They topped their group,, which included Turkey, Greece, and Denmark. Quality side...Beat Turkey 3-0 IN ISTANBUL!
              Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Common guys..

Rather have this friendly then Afganistan etc..

Ukraine is a good friendly and we should be happy that were playing such good opposition..

But my real thought is ?

Can we get the result out of Ukraine..i really want to see how we play agasint them

Comment

Working...
                X