Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter Attack or Classic Pressing versus Elite Asian teams (KOR, JAP) in AC 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of our players are in the IPL or Arab leagues. Then it would be difficult for these players to move fast and to make fast passes. instead as khabalood said, "Our players stay idle on the ball too long and continue to make wasteful passes".
    But I've seen many changes since we have more and more Iranians playing in the European league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
      I would have prefered classic pressing, but our players don't have the stamina, tactical discipline, or coordination for that matter, therefore I will vote for counter attack.
      I agree with the above but I think it counts against mostly for the WC.

Without delving so much, Teymourian and Nekounam will cover the defense very well and both - especially Teymourian - have the stamina to keep up with Asian level opponents.

Iran should in most cases look to be the team with the ball. You don't have to chase after the ball when you have it. We are a very good attacking side with a lot of flair, formations that contribute to us having more of the ball and doing less defending will be better suited against us. I just don't see the reason to sit back against teams like Uzbekistan or Malaysia. I can see why we may have to do that against the Aussies and at times against other Asian powers, but we're still up there in being one of the best squads.

Comment

Originally posted by kaz View Post
        I agree with the above but I think it counts against mostly for the WC.
        Without delving so much, Teymourian and Nekounam will cover the defense very well and both - especially Teymourian - have the stamina to keep up with Asian level opponents.
        Iran should in most cases look to be the team with the ball. You don't have to chase after the ball when you have it. We are a very good attacking side with a lot of flair, formations that contribute to us having more of the ball and doing less defending will be better suited against us. I just don't see the reason to sit back against teams like Uzbekistan or Malaysia. I can see why we may have to do that against the Aussies and at times against other Asian powers, but we're still up there in being one of the best squads.
        Agha Kazem,

This whole question is somewhat misguided. A team can't play either full press or Counter. It depends on each opponent the style our team should play. So, my answer has to be interpreted in that regard. If I have to choose between the two (in one game), I thought our team can rely on fast transitions (specially from right) Kaabi, Kia, Karimi. So this is not my preference, based on the current team that we have, I think this style feets better.
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

after seeing that we are in a good physical shape (vs Uzbecks) I would go for a full pressing versus the Chinese. we should not let them to get the ball lead in midfield given their high speed
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
          X