Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan vs. Jordan PK's - Another AC '04 Joke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXAjaWe2V...elated&search=

Truly unbelievable. Jordan first going up 2-0, forced to switch sides, then hit the bars 3 times to end up losing.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

what was the deal with changing sides?? I can't believe Jordan missed 4 in a row..

Comment

Japan was probably the best team in the tournament, and the most consistent.
      sigpic
      Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

I remember that, they changed the goal because the Japanese complained that the surface around the penalty spot was uneven. As for the Jordanian, they were under a lot of pressure. if they had scored one more goal, they would have advanced. but the little experience and the long game had its toll on them.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
          Japan was probably the best team in the tournament
          Not when they played tm. I believe they needed a ref to call our goal offside in order to scrap by with a draw.
          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Jordan still choked, it has nothing to do with changing sides, they missed 4 PKs in a row!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good
              I remember that, they changed the goal because the Japanese complained that the surface around the penalty spot was uneven. As for the Jordanian, they were under a lot of pressure. if they had scored one more goal, they would have advanced. but the little experience and the long game had its toll on them.
              If the surface was eneven, still it would have been the same for both sides. It was outrageous for the referee to grant Japanese's request. Don't get me wrong, at the time I was happy to see Jordan lose, but if this happened to Iran I would have been very very angry. I disagree that Japan was the most consistent team as they badly struggled to get passed the quarter and semi finals stages.

We would have beaten them had we played the final against them. Since they were not the hosts, the referee would not have been coming to their rescue like they helped the Chinese. In any case, I think Japan had amazing luck too coming back with 2 Jordanian penalties hitting the cross bars and 1 the vertical bar after the switch.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm
                If the surface was eneven, still it would have been the same for both sides. It was outrageous for the referee to grant Japanese's request.
                In any case, I think Japan had amazing luck too coming back with 2 Jordanian penalties hitting the cross bars and 1 the vertical bar after the switch.
                So if the surface is even on the other side, its not the same for both teams?
                Jordan lost for their players inexperience, They just could not handle the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good
                  So if the surface is even on the other side, its not the same for both teams?
                  Jordan lost for their players inexperience, They just could not handle the pressure.
                  It's more than that. At first when they started taking PKs on the left goal, you can view the Jordanian fans sitting behind the goal and that was making the Japanese players taking the shots nervous. When they switched the sides however, you could see the Japanese fans behind the goal, which in turn, made the Jordanian players nervous. So clearly that was a favor to Japan by the referee. So I guess next time in a tournament a team goes down on the PKs they should just bring the same excuse about the surface being un-even and walk to the ref. asking for the sides to be switched??? It's just absurd.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well Japan's claim had to have some grounds for the referee to agree and change sides. He clearly went to the penalty spot and inspected the grass.

Comment

Working...
                    X