Luka Bonacic for TM coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luka Bonacic for TM coach

Not now, we play our AC opener in just six weeks, so Ghalenoei has to stay, but afterwards, regardless of some people's "ic"-phobia, I think Bonacic would be the best available option. He's one of just two classy coaches woring in Iran, but Denizli doesn't seem to know how to defend .

Bonacic seems to be a great tactician and he meanwhile knows the Iranian football well.

Daei would be another option, but he should gain more coaching experience (ACL, Persepolis, maybe Team Omid) and earn his coaching license in Germany first.

I'm sure Daei will be the first of a new generation of Iranian coaches which will do Iran's football very good!

Yeah he is a great coach. I'd support him as TM coach. I just don't know if 1 month is enough time.

Comment

I have followed bonacic from his foolad days.
      and I remember he was always a stickler for a rough and tough, no none-sense pro attitude and training.
      that's why bin the beginning a lot of foolad youth had problem with his methods!

to me, such a coach taking hold of a national team , means getting frustrated often and all the time, with players missing, changing plans, not being released by clubs, travels, .... ! it wouldnt be healthy for the poor guy.
      he may get a coronary or stroke out of frustration & anger over such issues !
      his temperament seems perfect for the club football, and a club that is committed to his philosophy, and players who are ready to rough it out and buckle down.

he is indeed a very effective coach.
      and despite foolad having won the league with francic, I believe it was mostly the hard work done by bonacic and to some extent, the basic ground work laid down by vingo that finally bore fruit.
      francic was just there to collect accolade !

anyway, back to luka.
      having said all that. now that I see we have an uninterrupted month and some days left to the AC.
      and all the players would be free, I dont see why we couldnt try martin's choice , luka at TM.
      he certainly KNOWS the players so no need to calculate time for getting familiar.
      he just has to train them and work on his tactics.

I believe that IS indeed possible.

lets push for it.

======================

on the use of word "classy":
      I think luka is very hard working, cunning and an intelligent pro coach.
      but classy?
      as in someone with a lot of "class"? I dont think so.
      the guy is the type that gets down and dirty and gets the job done by hook or crook, even at the expense of his reputation or image ( refer to the other thread - 4 men and destiny) and ... .
      But I cant imagine him being "classy" as in sophisticated like Lippi or Robson or ... .

Denizli is closer to classy than luka.

as for denizli not knowing how to defend:
      I think he is not given the right players at PP.
      neither in defense nor in offense.
      that's why he and pp suffered thru this season.
      and if they finished 3rd , it is a miracle given their horrible and at best mediocre defenders.
      even more eye popping surprise is the number of goals scored by the team that was devoid of even a single decent striker !! LOL !
      which shows how his midfield was active and performing to creat numerous chances for those dumb midfielders who are placed as strikers to score goals !

I think if Denizli takes over after AC, we shd be fine for the WC.
      seriously.

Comment

I like luka too. He seems tough (which is exactly what some of our ghertee players need) and he is smart tactician and has spend time with different clubs in Iran so he knows a lot of our players... His pissed off look reminds me of Antony Montana

If he does well with Sepahan in Asian games, he will increase his popularity and his chances of getting an offer from IFF... and his price tag is not going to be in the millions either..

Comment

Originally posted by kaz
          Yeah he is a great coach. I'd support him as TM coach. I just don't know if 1 month is enough time.
          Yeah, that's why I said we have no choice but to stick with GN for now.

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
          as for denizli not knowing how to defend:
          I think he is not given the right players at PP.
          neither in defense nor in offense.
          Might well be, but I remember the same problem with him at Pas, highlight was the ACL quarter final against Al Ain where Pas already had the game in the bag and somehow failed to defend against a medicore offense.

Originally posted by behzadb
          and his price tag is not going to be in the millions either..
          exactly

Comment

Although I believe there are fundamental problems with our football management
            which makes a real coach completely frustrated and unable to do his job in
            Iran, we must look beyound Asian Cup and making a ground up team.

The only thing I would add is to make a requirement:

If he does better than the semis. That way he would have a solid track
            record. But he is definitely the man.

Comment

I like him, but he has no international experience.
              Now I know why someone like Mayeli Kohan did well most of the time in TM. Kohan was also a disciplinarian and he was able to control a bunch of youngsters very well. If there hadn't been so many side issues during the WC98 qualification campaign he probably would have qualified us himself.

Comment

i would say so too,,,but Luka is a guy who does his thing and wants no BS or interference in his job,,,IFF can not stand that,,,any coach who is TM's, must be a sheep to IFF and people in the system, again, remember that it is matter of controling everything, whether directly or not.
                sigpic
                Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

I like him, No nonsense gardan koloft kinda guy. If anyone could whip a bunch of lazy babies into shape it would be him..... but like the red jan said IFF will never hire a guy who tells them to take a hike, the corruption and lack of professionalism in all aspects of our country will keep us dreaming for better. Dreams that will never materialize as long as we are under a IR.

Nokhodi jan i complelty agree that LUKA has no international exp.... but since Mayli Kohan & GN have already set the precident that you can be TM coach without any Int exp or football knowledge(M.Kohan kinda knew what was going on, GN is like a chiken with his head cutoff) i dont see why that would keep him from being hired. The major reason he wont be considered for TM coach is as the RED jan said, Luka wont grab his ankles for IFF.

Comment

I would approve him as TM coach, what he has done with Sepahan and the way they play football is impressive.

But I'm honestly considering Daei to be the best option by then. Granted he gets the necessary credentials, I would vote for him for TM coach. The way he pulled Saipa out of the gutter of being one of the worst IPL teams in the past several years, to CHAMPIONS, while taking the helm of coach in the middle of the season, is very very impressive. It is obivous that Daei's years playing football in Europe under high-caliber coaches have taught him a lot. The way Saipa plays football is a good, modern style. A style, that if TM can play, we would be a dangerous team.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
                      I would approve him as TM coach, what he has done with Sepahan and the way they play football is impressive.
                      But I'm honestly considering Daei to be the best option by then. Granted he gets the necessary credentials, I would vote for him for TM coach. The way he pulled Saipa out of the gutter of being one of the worst IPL teams in the past several years, to CHAMPIONS, while taking the helm of coach in the middle of the season, is very very impressive. The way Saipa plays football is a good, modern style. A style, that if TM can play, we would be a dangerous team.
                      Keep in mind kasrakhan that Daei inherited Saipa from Werner Lorent, the last half of the season was Daei's work like you said. Daei could become the greatest coachin option for TM in the future.... post 2010 perhaps, once he gets some credentials. But on the same note keep in mind that Daei is a person who holds a grudge and we wont see the likes of Sheys or Mobali in TM if he were to become coach......

Comment

I like the idea of Luka, but our football mafias wont let him do his job just like his predecessors. we will need a very strong management before we can bring a good coach. We need a management that can work the media.
                        In fact any non-homegrown coach will do. In my opinion, Iran in general, is very far away from the rest of the world when it comes to tactical understanding. people like QN who got all their experience from playing and coaching in Iran can't compete internationally. unless people like Ali Daei get enough experience we should not have any Vatani coach.
                        Daei seems to have the tactical understanding and he is very smart, but he showed that he is currently very susceptible to "Hasheyeh".

Comment

For me it doesn't matter who our coach is, if our Federation will not give funds for better facilities and training, conditioning and fitness, no matter who we have, we will still never reach our potential.

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                          For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

he certainly qualifies!
                            he is a ..eech

On a different note I think his tough down to bone attitude would be best used in our youth system to inject some dicipline to koongoshad players with bad habits!
                            deerooz, emrooz, farda
                            zeeremonan
                            sheeshtayeea
                            The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                            Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolees
                              he certainly qualifies!
                              he is a ..eech
                              On a different note I think his tough down to bone attitude would be best used in our youth system to inject some dicipline to koongoshad players with bad habits!

Luka will not take that job.. unless some how he is convinced by huge amount money... which probably be a waste considering our problems..

Comment

Working...
                              X