No announcement yet.

Luka Bonacic for TM coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I think his timing is a bid bad!!!

He has started showing what he's made of in a time when no one can imagine putting a Croatian at the helm of TM (stupid but true). He would have been ideal for "Omid Team" but that is a lost cause too and who knows what will happen in 4 years time.

We will be left with our U-21 and U-17 teams which I doubt he will accept.

He is a good coach who has proven his tactical knowledge. I would let him stay at Sepahan till the end of ACL and then would go to him with the U-21 offer.

Comment

i dont think he will succeed, simply because the circumstances for him to work on national leve will be very different than the ones he had in sepahan.

luka himself is a really hot headed and short tempered guy and the sepahan officials and players really cooperate with him well and hence the positive results and joy for everyone.
      but this wont be possible in iran. i dont think its even possible for him to work properly and succeed in esteghlal or perspolis simply because there will be too much pressure and criticisms (both fair and unfair, truth and lies) on him from every side, media, fans, critiques, fame, expectations, IFF, mafia, etc.

if he gets one disappointing result with TM, his head will be cut off, specially after the general impression many in iran have about east european and specially croatian coaches.

finally, i dunno how far egocentric players like karimi or rezai will cooperate with the likes of bonacic.
      in sepahan, bonacic was supported by teh club officials and players are told that everyone should respect him and listen to wat he says. in TM, it is different and it will be different.

the problem is not luka, the problem is our country, our society, our mentality, our mafia, our countrys circumstances. even if the likes of hiddink come to iran, they will not be able to deliver their best and do their job properly. it wont make such a huge difference who we bring. as long as the media, the fans, the critiques and the media all decide to go hand in hand and really truly wish the best for our countrys football, even with this limited facilities and poor political and economic situation, we can still be successful.
      its the "YARE 12" that matters the most...
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I will make up my oppinion after the AC. Normally as we know all Croatian coaches are of high technical standard.... as we also saw in our football throughout history: Raykoff (60ies with Taj) Stanko (9oies with PP), Begovic, Ivic, Blazevic, Ivankovic.... I am always in favour of Croatian coaches..... but would not consider to spend a second of thinking of them before we see Irans performance at the AC!

Mexico game was a friendly, we all shall be reminded of TM tour against 3rd devision clubs under Ivankoviv last year and the results! or Iran vs Roma under Tomislav Ivic in 1998 WC preparation (7:1).... friendlies and Iran are diffferent issues... the main thing can be observed at competition level, i.e AC!
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

If he doesn't change and bring his no non-sense attitude and fight against player domination (Bazikon Salari), I wouldn't mind to see him take over after the AFC.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
          Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
          Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
          sigpic

Comment

Martin jan.........I agree that he may be the best in Iran right now.....but !!!
            His style, is of a controled football of east-europe.....although Branko was eastern european too ,yet,he believed in a more active ,immaginative and energetic football.....
            There is been other threads,regarding same subject,which what I understood from them,is that, we as TM can be far better tha our league.....which Denizeli also said, TM can compete with Turkish national, but our league is weaker....................
            haveing said that, best coach in our league, may not be enough to over-achive for TM !!, we need a coach, for next WC, to over achive for us.and go beyoung the ability of our league.

Comment

I agree with zzgloo. We need a coach who can truly elevate tm's level of play. From what I have seen, the IPL just does not offer that. I think the IFF would do well to find a coach from a South American league preferably Argentina or Brazil. They have two qualities that make them very appealing. The first is they will not be as expensive as a coach in Europe, and the second is a relatively high standard of football found in some South American leagues.
              The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

He has one major problem..

His manners..

Apparently , he is "Bad Akhlagh" and a bit rough in treating his players. I think Iranian player really need to be disciplined (the whole nation is baly in need of it as well) but I am not sure if it will cut it with players who think so highly of themselves in Team Melli.

I mighty be wrong......I surely like to see him cvaoching Team MELLI

sigpic

Comment

majid jan, I am not very sure on his manners.
                  you may be right.
                  but I know he is a stickler for discipline and hard work.
                  very demanding and rough on the players.

THIS may be what may work against him.
                  altho' I think if he combines his demands with an understanding that Iran is not yet a fully professional football, then he may succeed to simmer his intensity and get better results.

and I think he HAS done so.
                  I dont think he is as rough with this sepahan as he was with foolad 3 years back.

Comment

Working...
                  X