Check list for coach Ghalenoie for Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check list for coach Ghalenoie for Asian Cup

I made a similar, but shorter list for Branko in the past.
    It is a collection of experiences and hopefully of help
    to TM in Asian Cup. Please contribute.
    Cleats: Have someone visit Bukit Jalil stadium
    a day prior to the game to make sure ideal cleat
    length is used.
    Team Chemistry:
    I really don't know why some of our TM player are
    in WAF and some are not. But the coach must enforce
    his authoriity by making sure:
    -Players Do not do chest ponding after a goal
    -Players Do Team celebration after a goal
    -Have our own Team Player award for each match!
    -Discourage (yell like crazy) when team work is abondoned
    in favor of continuous solo runs.
    Player Selection: Really no reason to put
    everything on the table from day one. We
    can certainly afford a draw against Uzbeks. Each
    game is only 3 or 4 day apart from the next. If time
    and again the same look is given, by second round our
    game plan will be clear like day light to our opponents. So let's
    used our E.U 7, wisely.
    Other than the fact that our players will be tired or may
    collect cards to miss a game, let's not make Branko's mistake
    where unless one of his starting eleven was injured he would
    not play any of the bench. These games will not be won, but
    with strong contribution from the bench. Let's keep them involved.
    And let's keep all players as fresh as possible by making
    the subs systematically.
    Don't bank on players like Mehdi to be there 270 minutes in the
    first 3 games. If you followed Bundesliga and the UEFA games of
    Hamburg, you will know that task will leave him with little energy
    left for the second round. (same applies with other players over
    28).
    Advice to players:
    Don't challenge every call a ref makes, this is not IPL.
    Control your emotions, even if they call your mother or
    sistern names. Remember Zidane WC, or Mahdavikia (2004)?
    Be prepared for this type of trap and play smart.
    Advice to QN:
    Don't challenge the ref, and show leadership, by not getting
    ejected.
    Hopefully all players want to contribute 100% to TM success.
    But the time to detect and deal with uncooperative and heaven
    forbids, selfish player is during the few friendlies and before
    the games, not during Asian cup. This is not about any single
    indiviudal, but TM. Egos must be parked at the door.
    Place of stay: Remember Bahrain game and
    how they were playing loud, unbarable music for
    our team 3 nights in a row? Malysia in all likelyhood
    will be much more hospitable than Bahrain) still let's
    make sure the hotel is nice and quiet.
    Private plane: In Asia cup 2004 in china, our team was
    exhusted after travelling from one place to another for
    10 hours with several hours of waiting to switch planes,
    let's make sure our private plane takes care of our teams
    transportation.
    Players shirts:
    Given possible humid condition that our players
    are not accustomed to, players shirt might be better
    in lighter fabrics than heaveir ones usually worn
    in Eruope.
    AFC rules, it is mandatory after each game for both the coaches
    and MVP to attend a post game media conference. Failure to do
    so may cause the coach to be barred from next game! The
    penalty for MVP has not been specified, but let's be aware of
    this. Hopefully we will have 6 Iranian MVPs
    Diet: Between Masto-Kheeyar etc this
    one is already beaten to death. Hopefully
    we have several TM nutrioniosts on board, to
    ensure our players are on proper diet, starting
    at least 10 days prior to the games.
    Go Iran

GK jaan, if you could fix your format a bit, it would be more readable to read this piece. You may wanna consider putting space in between each topic suggested, and also making the sentences filling most of the page rather than being cut in middle.

Mokhlesim.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    Go IRAN!

Comment

good suggestions.

a couple of points though:
      1- malaysians are far more hospitable than arabs and there's no comparison here.

2- if we win the group, it means less travel . big plus.

3- I have forgotten the schedule, but if we get to play malaysia between uzbeks and china, it provides for a lighter game and allows the coach to play some bench players for majority of the game ( unless some extraordinary thing happens which may require main team players to come and clean things up ).

4- I hope by our last game we'd be in a position to even settle for a draw ( or even a loss wouldnt change things for us ).
      why I say this is I believe there's not much of a difference between KSA & korea.
      and each opponent has its own specific & particular problems for us.
      so I'm not choosy as to whom I want to meet.

that's why I say we SHOULD get the first 2 wins ( hopefully the malaysia game is our second one ) and then relax and maybe even strategise based on the advancing teams on the other half.
      but I , personally, still prefer winning the group and staying put in malaysia.

5- combining the points 3 & 4 above, we could actually introduce a NEW and surprise line up of TM for the knock out stage, which makes predicting our moves, reading our tactics & ... a little harder ( or less easy ? ) for the opponents.

ok, ok.
      so they're more than "a couple of points".
      so sue me !
      I'll see ye in court.
      Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM. Reason: felt like it. sue me.

Comment

LOL. I actually was wondering why am I being asked to state the reason for editing my post.
        I mean why shd I say it.and who would care anyway.
        and most impostantly, who would get to KNOW afterall !
        then I saw why.

LOL !
        thank god I didnt write anything bad

Comment

Per Mansoor suggestion to reformat: (hope it is more readable Mansoor Jan)

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
          I made a similar, but shorter list for Branko in the past. It is a collection of experiences and hopefully of help to TM in Asian Cup. Please contribute.

1-Cleats: Have someone visit Bukit Jalil stadium a day prior to the game to make sure ideal cleat length is used.

2-Team Chemistry: I really don't know why some of our TM player are in WAF and some are not. But the coach must enforce his authoriity by making sure:
          -Players Do not do chest ponding after a goal
          -Players Do Team celebration after a goal
          -Have our own Team Player award for each match!
          -Discourage (yell like crazy) when team work is abondoned in favor of continuous solo runs.

3- Player Selection: Really no reason to put everything on the table from day one. We can
          certainly afford a draw against Uzbeks. Each game is only 3 or 4 day apart from the next.
          If time and again the same look is given, by second round our game plan will be clear like
          day light to our opponents. So let's used our E.U 7, wisely. Other than the fact that our
          players will be tired or may collect cards to miss a game, let's not make Branko's mistake
          where unless one of his starting eleven was injured he would not play any of the bench.
          These games will not be won, but with strong contribution from the bench. Let's keep
          them involved. And let's keep all players as fresh as possible by making the subs systematically.
          Don't bank on players like Mehdi to be there 270 minutes in the first 3 games. If you
          followed Bundesliga and the UEFA games of Hamburg, you will know that task will leave him with little energy left for the second round. (same applies with other players over
          28).

4-Advice to players: Don't challenge every call a ref makes, this is not IPL.
          Control your emotions, even if they call your mother or sisterr names. Remember Zidane
          WC, or Mahdavikia (2004)? Be prepared for this type of trap and play smart.

5-Advice to QN: Don't challenge the ref, and show leadership, by not getting ejected.
          Hopefully all players want to contribute 100% to TM success. But the time to detect and
          deal with uncooperative and heaven forbids, selfish player is during the few friendlies
          and before the games, not during Asian cup. This is not about any single indiviudal, but
          TM. Egos must be parked at the door.
          6-Place of stay: Remember Bahrain game and how they were playing loud, unbarable
          music for our team 3 nights in a row? Malysia in all likelyhood will be much more
          hospitable than Bahrain) still let's make sure the hotel is nice and quiet.

7-Private plane: In Asia cup 2004 in china, our team was exhusted after travelling from
          one place to another for 10 hours with several hours of waiting to switch planes, let's
          let's make sure our private plane takes care of our teams transportation.

8-Players shirts: Given possible humid condition that our players are not accustomed to,
          players shirt might be better in lighter fabrics than heaveir ones usually worn in Europe.

9-AFC rules: It is mandatory after each game for both the coaches and MVP to attend a
          post game media conference. Failure to do so may cause the coach to be barred from
          next game! The penalty for MVP has not been specified, but let's be aware of this.
          Hopefully we will have 6 Iranian MVPs

10-Diet: Between Masto-Kheeyar etc this one is already beaten to death. Hopefully
          we have several TM nutrioniosts on board, to ensure our players are on proper diet,
          starting at least 10 days prior to the games.

Go Iran

Comment

Dr. Jan, here's my 2 on some of your suggestions, rest I agree with:

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

2- if we win the group, it means less travel . big plus.

3- I have forgotten the schedule, but if we get to play malaysia between uzbeks and china, it provides for a lighter game and allows the coach to play some bench players for majority of the game ( unless some extraordinary thing happens which may require main team players to come and clean things up ).
            We play Uzbeks, China and Malysia. If we get 4 points from the first 2, we can really
            control the 3rd games outcome. It may by then to our best interest to finish 2nd
            in the group. (Via a tie with Malaysia) ! sounds strange but .....

Comment

Excellent check list GK jaan. Hopefully they do follow these important points.
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
              Go IRAN!

Comment

Also crucially important: Practice penalty kicks, because almost surely one of our matches will be decided by them !!!!!!

I like to see TM goal keepers being able to relied on to stop one or two kicks. (Sort of like when Abedzadeh was around.)

Dr. Doom who do you like to get in the 1/4 finals? KSA or South Korea? We know Saudis always keep the refs "happy". (Hint: suspicious last minute PKs, off-side goals, etc.)
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  Also crucially important: Practice penalty kicks, because almost surely one of our matches will be decided by them !!!!!!
                  I like to see TM goal keepers being able to relied on to stop one or two kicks. (Sort of like when Abedzadeh was around.)
                  Dr. Doom who do you like to get in the 1/4 finals? KSA or South Korea? We know Saudis always keep the refs "happy". (Hint: suspicious last minute PKs, off-side goals, etc.)
                  Very good point. This will come into picture in second round.

I had this after Denizlis failure with our B team against Syria couple of years
                  ago. Credit to Branko for that magnificent penalty prep for Asian cup. We
                  beat S.K in that game. For sure, once we get to the next round all players
                  (particularly Karimi and Madanchi should practice a lot of penalty kicks).

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
                    Dr. Jan, here's my 2 on some of your suggestions, rest I agree with:

We play Uzbeks, China and Malysia. If we get 4 points from the first 2, we can really
                    control the 3rd games outcome. It may by then to our best interest to finish 2nd
                    in the group. (Via a tie with Malaysia) ! sounds strange but .....
                    thanks GK jan.
                    now that we have the easier game as our last, I guess the approach u wrote sounds quite logical.
                    this may mean GN most probably will use his main team in the first 2 games and use his mix of bench and main for the last game.
                    yes, we may expose our plans too EARLY in the comp, but at least we can get some positive out of it by resting some of our main team players for the next stage.
                    ( altho' sometimes, I just get a bit aggressive and say : put the fear of god in everyone and go with maximum force against the first two. beat the sh*t out of them and scare the hell out of the knock-out stage teams. that way they may play a more defensive and restrained game against us and wont pressurize our defense that much. but this approach is not all that possible with a coach who is more or less one-dimensional and inferior tactically , in case we need to change rhythm and formation or strategy DURING the game !!!! )

4 out of first 2 games is pretty good position to be in.
                    and yes, we can adjust our advance.... altho" I still dont see much of a difference bet ksa or korea.

which brings me to para's Q:
                    para jan, as I said, for us both these teams come with hazzards.
                    yes, different hazzards. but nevertheless problems that can cause much worry for us.

ksa brings in a lot of the arab style of football, coupled with the expected favoritism and ... to add to their good footballing team.
                    beating them is always difficult, but not impossible. as long as we keep our cool, adopt our game to a more fast paced and physical presence ( especially in the middle of the park ) and use lobs, long diagonal passes, through passes ... to break them.

korea comes with excellent organization and pace.
                    so we face a different set of problems against them.
                    and I feel we shd play a pressing game, possession football to dictate the pace of the game to OUR requirements, use our more technical and skillful players to break their organization and formation.

but if you want my answer, I'd say it's a clear 50-50 for me.
                    both are troublesome and both are beatable if we plan well and maintain our cool and performance for 90 minutes ( or more ).

Comment

Great list - however with the current management, I don't know exactly how many of those will be taken care of.

BTW - for some reason, I'd rather play Korea than KSA. I find we do better against teams who aren't the decent Arab teams (like KSA, Iraq, Bahrain, Oman) due to their frustrating style of play and their high level of motivation when they do play against us. Mentally, they always seem to have an edge on us, and that scares me more than Korea.

Plus, Korea plays a free flowing attacking game, and we always do better against such opponents in Asia.

Comment

I think who we rather play against is a different story which is discussed in the scenario
                        thread. I put my 2 cents there:
                        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=45453&page=2

As for going all out Dr. Jan I am not so sure. You saw how the Czhecks destoryed
                        U.S in WC in the first game, yet did not even make it to the second round. Given our teams energy
                        level, and back to the discussion in this thread on check list, I think our team is
                        better off with steady progress like the Italians have done it again and again at WC.

We can compare our position in Asia Cup, to Italians at world level as far as expectations.
                        In that regard, methodically Italian make sure they come out of group stage without
                        fanfare, often time it may look as least convincigly yet based on their record they
                        have been among the most successfuls.

As we say in Persian:
                        "Mard on neest keh Gah tond-o Gahee Khasteh Ravad,
                        Mard on aast keh Auhesteh o- Payvasteh Ravad".

Translation:
                        It is much better to go slow but steady, than sprint and stop.

Comment

Working...
                        X