The "I like the fact that/cant believe Ghalehnoyi is..." thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
    who says GN "found" Roudbarian and Talebloo?

don't read too much into these 2 friendlies guys. Hold on to your opinions about GN after the Asian Cup group stages and his decisions during the Asian Cup.
    Well, he did FIND Talebloo, both in club and in country. Roudbarian not-so-much discovering him, but giving him plenty of opportunities. And that's kinda what I meant. Instead of relying on Mirzapour, GN has got two others now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
      But if we loose it is GN's fault right? Come on dada, the whole team is responsible of course. If we win, ofcourse it is the players who get the credit, but I am sure, GN will have a role too. Let's be fair.
      Ali jan, the intention is always to be fair !!!, it is not fair to give the head coaching job of the number one ranked asian team to a non-qualified person with little understanding of management or today's football.It is not fair to give a Lambergini ( with asian standards ) to the paykan driver,although,a paykan driver is better than no driver.
      If we win, it will be just like when esteghlal won under Marfavi...as it was work of individuals, and not design of GN or marfavi....., ofcourse,haveing them as a point of reference is better than not haveing them...but, giveing them the credit of wining is not fair.
      I wish , I am wrong, and I wish we will go all the way....but, I am not sure,if we as nation have done all in our power to arm our players .
      The Saudi's,and Bahrainis,and south Koreans,have been very particular,and generouse with the selection of thier national coaches......Have we ?!

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
        Ali jan, the intention is always to be fair !!!, it is not fair to give the head coaching job of the number one ranked asian team to a non-qualified person with little understanding of management or today's football.It is not fair to give a Lambergini ( with asian standards ) to the paykan driver,although,a paykan driver is better than no driver.
        If we win, it will be just like when esteghlal won under Marfavi...as it was work of individuals, and not design of GN or marfavi....., ofcourse,haveing them as a point of reference is better than not haveing them...but, giveing them the credit of wining is not fair.
        I wish , I am wrong, and I wish we will go all the way....but, I am not sure,if we as nation have done all in our power to arm our players .
        Agha Bahram,

Dada there are two different issues here. One is Iran could have a different coach. Yes it could. But there are many issues with the feasibility of that option and we one can aruge and counter argue. But regardless, that path wasn't taken.

At present, right now, this guy is the head coach and will coordinate and lead teh collective efforts of the players in AFC. If the team looses he will get discreidted and will go back to the guy how everyone loves to hate!!!!

If he wins though, I think he deserves credit. How come the same players under a different coach when they came third in AFC (the coach got credit), but now that GN is the coach, if we win or do well it all player's effort.

I think you are underestimiating his role. I wish, we Iranians could beleive in ourselves more. There are guys who coach who don't have a very high theoretical soccer knowledge but are very succesful coaches. No it doesn't mean they are just lucky.

A coach needs the followings:
        Good player selection
        Theoretical soccer knowledge (formation, conditioning etc,)
        Real time game reading ability and more importantly responding quickly to that.
        Wroking on the pschological aspect of the team.
        Creating an atmosphere of positive competition in the team.

GN needs to be evaluated based on these (probably a few more I missed) factors. If you see improvements in any of these part of the credit goes to GN. Let's judge the man based on his actions not based on our perceptions.

The Saudi's,and Bahrainis,and south Koreans,have been very particular,and generouse with the selection of thier national coaches......Have we ?!
        I know about two coaches in Korea and Japan that arent' happy with respective soccer federations as far preparation is concerned. Korean cup leage and Hazfi cup is going on and korean coach (Verbeek) will have the players only 2 weeks ahead of the tournament.
        Evika Ooseem is very pissed off at the Japan's federation as well. I think their league is still going on as well. Read his interviews. See we always have this impression that everyone else is better than us. TM had a fairly decent camp, they worked on conditioning and you will see how our team will perform in that regard. They are focusing on Tactical stuff. You will see Agha Bahram. Don't underestimate Iranians. We are the same people who fought for 8 years where the whole world supported saddam. Dont' underestimate our resiliance, nationalisem, humbelness.
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

what I like about GN:

1- inspiring all players to compete for their spots, by allowing many players to show their stuff and not being hung on only a particular set of players.
          the presence of competition for each spot is essential for any team.

2- .... which has also elevated the motivation of all players. they will work harder to stay in or get in.

3- ready to acknowledge his mistakes and isnt afraid to change them.

4- the first 2 points has led to a more positive collective attitude within the team, which was totally lacking under branko.
          any team needs to be positive and filled with sense of camaraderie to truly become a TEAM ( not just a collection of individuals )

5- he has delegated different tasks to different ppl , who, whether we agree or not , are supposed to be more able in these different fields of the game.
          what many ppl count as negative ( too many assistants ) , I'd say may be actually a positive since each aspect of the game is under particular scrutiny and attended.

what I dont like:
          1- his lack of experience and technical knowledge.
          he WILL be found wanting against top coaches at AC and I doubt he has enough in him to strategize and out-smart these coaches.

this may be his only lack. but by god, it is a BIG one !

Comment

Ali Chicago e aziz..............
            I agree with your post to the extent,that I shall say nothing negative about GN or TM , from this point on...and would support fully our TM.....and wish for the best,in up comeing CUP............

Comment

actually zz jan, team chemistry is far better than what it was during branko's reign.

==============
              kia in defense has its pros and cons.
              but I can see what GN is doing. he's putting a more experienced ( and slower kia . lets face it. kia is not as fast as he was 4-5 years back ) player in defense where he is familiar w the duties, and is most probably putting pacey wingers like kazemian or kaabi or ... in front of him, who will provide the pace anyway.
              so it's not that bad an idea .

==============
              the striker problem is not due to GN or ... . it is gripping the whole of Iran and its football.
              that's why we have to ask ppl like samereh or enayati or khatibi to pair up with VH ( who, himself, isnt doing all that great, btw )

==================

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                1- his lack of experience and technical knowledge.
                he WILL be found wanting against top coaches at AC and I doubt he has enough in him to strategize and out-smart these coaches.
                this may be his only lack. but by god, it is a BIG one !
                That's where I think Monajati and Ebrahimi come in. Not the technical but the experience part that will help.

Comment

actually zz jan, team chemistry is far better than what it was during branko's reign.

==============
                  but I can see what GN is doing. he's putting a more experienced ( and slower kia . lets face it. kia is not as fast as he was 4-5 years back ) player in defense where he is familiar w the duties, and is most probably putting pacey wingers like kazemian or kaabi or ... in front of him, who will provide the pace anyway.

==============
                  the striker problem is not due to GN or ... . it is gripping the whole of Iran and its football.
                  that's why we have to ask ppl like samereh or enayati or khatibi to pair up with VH ( who, himself, isnt doing all that great, btw )

==================
                  Regarding the Kia being at RB: I think it has made him want his position more. The very fact that GN is letting them know he may disrupt the Kaabi-Kia combo seemed to make them play much better against Jamaica. I am not saying Jamaica are a very tough opponent, no , but both of them were far more vigorous and hungry, I'm sure trying to show themselves off.

Comment

Originally posted by kaz View Post
                    That's where I think Monajati and Ebrahimi come in. Not the technical but the experience part that will help.

kazem jan, while they may provide some experience for the young coach, they certainly dont have the modern knowledge of the game and I highly doubt they can add anything "technical" in terms of strategies and tactics !!

so GN is in real trouble if he encounters a coach who would read his game plan and comes up with a counter.
                    or if they coaches apply measures after watching the team's game for the games further donw the line.( ie. the quarters and so on ).

I beleive he is not going to be on par when this happens.

Comment

As far as Kia in right back, I guess it will be one of the options. I think TM will play with different formations for different games. In certain formations Kia maybe the RB, but I doubt if he will play the whole tournament as RB. Time will show.
                      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                        As far as Kia in right back, I guess it will be one of the options. I think TM will play with different formations for different games. In certain formations Kia maybe the RB, but I doubt if he will play the whole tournament as RB. Time will show.

I guess GN is planning to have a rotation between Kia and Kaabi...like KIa and Jarolim at HSV, where they changed their positions frequently and confused the opponents left wing.
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I Like the fact that the players are UNITED! I don't care how far they go, but that's one thing I haven't seen in TM for a very long time.. They truly are together...

Comment

==============

==============

==================
                            DD jan....after watching the first three games...australia, Oman, Vietnam, Tailand,UAE,Iraq.......I have had change of heatrs ...I now, believe we can win it all !!............Although the quality may improve as games advance, but, indeed, the class of Asia, is not too hard to master for Iran......
                            what all these teams had in common, ( which is thier weakness ),was that niether of them was playing under any particular system.....Indeed, Branko, although not very brilliant, did have some type of system.......which GN,does not seem to have a distinct one...yet, he appears to know enough to pull off the asian championship......
                            Regarding Kia.......I realy, realy think its a big mistake to use him as RB....and I also disagree with you that he is not what he used to be.......
                            In my opinion, he is better than what he used to be....he compensates slight speed reduction with intelegence and better dicision makeing......
                            His speed was essential for fast relentless german football...but, he is fast enough for us and for Asia.....but, remember,what has always seperated Kia with the others in Iran, has been his intelegence......we should not waist that at RB.

Comment

In my opinion, he is better than what he used to be....he compensates slight speed reduction with intelegence and better dicision makeing......
                              His speed was essential for fast relentless german football...but, he is fast enough for us and for Asia.....but, remember,what has always seperated Kia with the others in Iran, has been his intelegence......we should not waist that at RB.

1- the boldened & underlined part is where I agree w you, and why I beleive he'd do well at RB.
                              he isnt as fast as he was.
                              but he's more experienced and exposed, which will be a great boon to our defense.

2- german football is not that fast & certainly not relentless like EPL. But I agree the asians are nowhere near these guys.

Comment

1- the boldened & underlined part is where I agree w you, and why I beleive he'd do well at RB.
                                he isnt as fast as he was.
                                but he's more experienced and exposed, which will be a great boon to our defense.
                                2- german football is not that fast & certainly not relentless like EPL. But I agree the asians are nowhere near these guys.
                                DD jan.....I do not understand your reasoning as why he should play RB...
                                you say "" he is more experinced and exposed, WHICH ( ?? ) will be a great boon to our defense "".........
                                Where on the field do you think we could use his Bundeslega experince ?
                                he has been our MVP in the past, not because of his defense,but because of his vision for attack, has n't he ?

Comment

Working...
                                X