Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "I like the fact that/cant believe Ghalehnoyi is..." thread

Can't believe:
    1-Not going to take Shojaie to Malaysia and instead is going with Nouri.
    2-Even considering playing with a formation other than 4-5-1 (or 3-6-1). Basically the formation we saw today versus Jamaica.
    3-Is thinking about using Mahdavikia (despite his speed, assists, passing and finishing) as a right full-back.
    4-Is going to do the same with Zandi.
    5-Thinking Aghili is better than Hosseini! Hosseini's physical condition dominates that of Aghili.
    6-Is not trying to create a better understanding and coordination between Nekonam and Teymorian.
    Like The Fact That:
    1-He is creating competition in key areas such as Goalie and midfield
    2-Has emphasized physical condition and intense fitness training
    3-Has relative control over players, an independence which Branko lacked.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Create your own list and add to the points in the coming weeks and during the Asian Cup!

1. I don't blame QN for taking Nouri.. He is a good player.. He reminds me of a healthy Navidkia

2. Aghili is not worse than Hosseini.. He has given them both chances to play.

3. Mahdavikia at right back is something that Branko should have done in the WC.. Kia played that position at Hamburgh as well.. Kia is not the same speedy kia of 8 years ago.. a faster Kazemian or Kaabi in front Kia will give Iran 2 things: one , a speedy offensive player, and two:, a veteran and experienced player in Defensive line who can tutor the guy in front of him (be it Kazemian or Kaabi)

4. Teymourian and Nekounma are both defensive midfielders.. neither has offenisve games.. neither is known for their through passes.. they both , unfortuantely, lack in that area..

5. Formation!! As long as we don't play with 3 back, that's good news for me..

Comment

Just briefly on the point about Aghili, I really don't fault Ghalaenoi for taking him. Aghili's potentially a great player, but at his age he needs to be molded into shape a bit for the future.

Comment

I can't believe that GN:

1 - Chose Khatibi to be part of the squad
        2 - Missed out on one of our most promising AM, Shojaei

I like the fact that:

1 - He shows some tactical variability in that he didn't stick to a 3-back
        2 - He acknowledged making a mistake for not bringing in Zandi
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I CANT BELIEVE KHATIBI DIDNT LEARN FROM THE PORTUGAL GAME!
          HE GOT 2 SIMILAR CHANCES TODAY, MUCH EASIER THAN PORTUGAL (BOTH THE TIMES ON HIS RIGHT FOOT) AND TWICE, HE TOOK TOO LONG TO STOP THE BALL, LOOK UP, CONTROL THE BALL AND SHOOT IT TILL THE DEFENDER CAM AND CLEARED IT AWAY!

god im pissed with this guy! on top of that, his selfish attitude, of ALWAYS, ALWAYS, trying to dribble, that too with his head down! he doesnt pass to anyone, he always has to stop the ball and try to dribble in the tighest of areas and his turnovers are higher than sheys rezai's!!

shojaei played very well today. i change my opinion about him. after seeing him in the angola match, i never really rated him high but today, he proved me wrong. he played really hard, winning tackles, not letting go of unreachable or wrong passes, making good crosses and passes into difficult areas and even dribblign quite well, drawing some good freekicks and foul in dangerous areas!
          i cant believe it this guy will be left out

i dont like the fact that khatibi gets so much of play time. i really prefer rajabzadeh over him.

i like the fact that ghalenoi is a flexible person and is ready to change his mind if he really thinks its better to do so.
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
            I can't believe that GN:
            1 - Chose Khatibi to be part of the squad
            2 - Missed out on one of our most promising AM, Shojaei
            I like the fact that:
            1 - He shows some tactical variability in that he didn't stick to a 3-back
            2 - He acknowledged making a mistake for not bringing in Zandi
            Exactly how I feel.
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
            And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

I cant believe GN:

1) Played Shojaei and Zareh 90 minutues when they arent on the roster, wasnt this supposed to be a prepartion friendly for the Asian Cup?

2) Is not taking Shojaei with him, his performance today showed that he needs to be included in the squad, at the cost of crossing out Nouri

Comment

i dunno if u guys know about this or not but ghalenoi had said earlier he might take 25 players to malaysia because he has doubt over 2 players.

if u guys notice, the 2 numbers who are on the verge of breaking into the squad are #24 and #25, who are no other than masoud shojaei and sattar zare.
                i guess he was giving them one last chance before making his final decision.
                Originally posted by siavasharian
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                  i dunno if u guys know about this or not but ghalenoi had said earlier he might take 25 players to malaysia because he has doubt over 2 players.
                  if u guys notice, the 2 numbers who are on the verge of breaking into the squad are #24 and #25, who are no other than masoud shojaei and sattar zare.
                  i guess he was giving them one last chance before making his final decision.
                  Very shrwed observation. That is exactly what i was thinking. Even if Shojai doesn't go to AFC this time, I think this shows he is a TM material with the eye on being starter within next year or two.

Don't like about TM
                  What worries me the most is the low qualities of the friendlies. To be honest, If I were GN, i would have played A vs. B team. That way, he could really get a good feeling about teams performance. None of the friendlies really pused our team to show our weaknesses. Team passes well and press well against U23 Ghana and whatever this Jamaica team is. But can they do the same against a decent team?!!!!!

Competition in the TM. No one seems to be guarenteed to be starter anymore. Even Hashemian/Karimi probably will feel a bit more pressure now that see we have Enayati or Rajabzadeh or Shojai.

Learning from his mistake and not being a bone head and keep doing the same thing.

Team presses very well (at least against weak teams in friendlies). Lot of combination work again players.

Due to the competition factor, we see even revival of players like Enayati, Rajabzadeh, Mobali, Kazemian and to a degree Zandi that seemed to be going nowhere in TM.

Our forward line, has several guns in its arsenal. Hashemian with play making, working without the ball, Air supramacy, Enayati the same almost but at lower level and now we got Khatibi with its speed. On both goals today, we saw his speed. His finishing is terrbile ( I give u that), but still that speed will force the other team defense to think twice to push forward too much and leaves that space between them and their goalie.
                  "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                  Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                  Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                  sigpic

Comment

i can't beleive we have given the faith of TM to a young inexperieneced coach
                    well on a serious note tho, he has done more goods than bad so far, considering I had low expectations from him...there are a few things I don't agree with as Hadi mentioned some of them..
                    sigpic
                    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                      Very shrwed observation. That is exactly what i was thinking. Even if Shojai doesn't go to AFC this time, I think this shows he is a TM material with the eye on being starter within next year or two.
                      Don't like about TM
                      What worries me the most is the low qualities of the friendlies. To be honest, If I were GN, i would have played A vs. B team. That way, he could really get a good feeling about teams performance. None of the friendlies really pused our team to show our weaknesses. Team passes well and press well against U23 Ghana and whatever this Jamaica team is. But can they do the same against a decent team?!!!!!
                      Competition in the TM. No one seems to be guarenteed to be starter anymore. Even Hashemian/Karimi probably will feel a bit more pressure now that see we have Enayati or Rajabzadeh or Shojai.
                      Learning from his mistake and not being a bone head and keep doing the same thing.
                      Team presses very well (at least against weak teams in friendlies). Lot of combination work again players.
                      Due to the competition factor, we see even revival of players like Enayati, Rajabzadeh, Mobali, Kazemian and to a degree Zandi that seemed to be going nowhere in TM.
                      Our forward line, has several guns in its arsenal. Hashemian with play making, working without the ball, Air supramacy, Enayati the same almost but at lower level and now we got Khatibi with its speed. On both goals today, we saw his speed. His finishing is terrbile ( I give u that), but still that speed will force the other team defense to think twice to push forward too much and leaves that space between them and their goalie.
                      Great post i agree completely

Comment

he, only has taken out mirzapour, but has not realy found a replacement, has he ?

he no longer has the Ali Daei ' problem', but he realy has not found a replacement for him, has he ?

he realy tried hard , not to play conservative, with mexico and all, but he realy has not shown an attacing football, has he ?

he has brought as many talents to TM, as Pepole expected, but he realy has not created any chemistry with TM, has he ?

.................................................. .............

Mahdavikia, should play half back, puting him on defense,is a waist of his experinces,as well as his crosses and passing vision.

He should have asked samereh to come to TM, our offensive line,lack a punch !,and hashemian needs a partner who could keep defenses busy,and not have him double covered all the time.

.................................................. ..............
                        It seems, GN is very much a fan pleaser, rather than visionery......he did not defend against mexico, because fans did not want it, but he added nothing of his own.........he scored big number with the poor jamaica,because fans wanted it, he could have practiced some sheams instead.he has invited all posible talents, because thats what fans wanted, but he is realy not sure,who to choose.
                        If our TM wins games in AC, it will be because of individual talents, as we should not expect anything from GN.

Comment

1) He found Roudbarian and Talebloo, who are both better than Mirzapour.

2) Since Daei's exclusion Enayati has scored the most and has the best strike rate of ALL TM forwards (including Hashemian). Nevermind that Khatibi has also scored 5 goals in our past 6-7 games.

3) How do you try hard not to play conservative? That would be like saying "He tried hard to be lazy". He has tried different players, different formations to see what works. And yes, scoring 12 goals in 2 games shows exactly that, 'attacking football'.

4) Mahdavikia should play wherever the team needs him to play and, thankfully, we've tested him at RM and RB. Samereh was already invited and declined.

5) GN keeps fans happy, because his team actually plays football. So in that sense, yes, he is a fan pleaser.

6) LOL @ "If our TM wins games in AC, it will be because of individual talents, as we should not expect anything from GN." Of course, you're not biased at all, you're being a level-headed individual.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                            If our TM wins games in AC, it will be because of individual talents, as we should not expect anything from GN.
                            But if we loose it is GN's fault right? Come on dada, the whole team is responsible of course. If we win, ofcourse it is the players who get the credit, but I am sure, GN will have a role too. Let's be fair.
                            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                            sigpic

Comment

who says GN "found" Roudbarian and Talebloo?

don't read too much into these 2 friendlies guys. Hold on to your opinions about GN after the Asian Cup group stages and his decisions during the Asian Cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X