TWO very different halves in each game at AC07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWO very different halves in each game at AC07

Having seen the energy-sapping conditions of the first 3 days, I believe our players ( and any other team not used to such horrendous climatic conditions) shd exert themselves and push for the result in the first half itself.
    Second halves can be spread into 2-3 separate segments where the players pace themselves and near the end concentrate on running the ball, rather than themselves running.

I know it is a risky strategy to expend so much energy in the first half, but if we want to get on the score-sheet and "WIN", we must do it in the first half.
    I doubt the players will have much left to mount any decent attack with enough number of players, that doesnt leave them exposed at the back.

With a couple of early substitutions in the second half, I think we can maintain acceptable level of energy using ball possession and opting to "run the ball not the man" for the last quarter of the game.
    So if we are to make any dent or score, we MUST do it in the first half.

Perhaps GN has noticed this and is opting to start the game with an offensive formation, which I assume will shift to a more moderate and defensive one in the second half, if they've got what they want.

So we shdnt be surprised to see two extremely different halves or teams in each game.

Well, the conditions will be equally harsh for both teams in the first half, so I don't see reason to necessary over-exert oneself in the hopes of maybe (and maybe not) finding a cushion for the 2nd half. It is a risky move for sure, especially given the lack of depth on our bench - there is obviously a huge gap between our substitutes and our first team.

There is no question that we need to have a GOOD first half to win though, that is a given - and is a common goal for all teams.

Another less risky strategy (I know Peyman jan, you're going to hate me for this one) is start out slower, keep possession, pass the ball around, not attempt to many long balls/risky passes where we force our players to run aimlessly, not to commit too much forward with the overlaps, tire out their players, and in the 2nd half, explode in the hopes that the other team has expended all of its energy.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

actually our bench has pretty good depth.

in defense, we'd have aghili & nosrati , who are as good as the starters rezaei, hosseini, sadeghi, ... .

in midfield ... ( heh. do I have to go over this line, at all ? )

in attack, becoz not one of our strikers is fabulous anyway, there isnt much of a difference between who gets in and who sits out.
      so we DO have depth in the bench

-------------------

as for the slow start:
      that is an option. no doubt.
      but in MY opinion, not necessarily the majority's, considering our own limitations and mentality, I'd opt for a forceful start.

1- we know our lads start to get panicky and lose concentration if we go past minutes 55-60 and the game hasnt gone their way.

2- we also know their physical conditioning ( under normal conditions ) isnt all that great but acceptable for asia . but given the strenuous climatic conditions in south-east asia, I'd say they are and will be in trouble in second halves, no matter who the opposition.
      ( come on, the aussies with all their back-up plans and planning and facilities and tough conditioning were complaining of the sapping conditions. we are not better than them, if not worse )

so a slow start may mean a little more left in the tank for the players, but that is not going to be much. and in the second halves ( even if it doesnt rain ) that little difference is going to evaporate very quickly anyway. so even if they pace themselves, at best, there WONT be an "explosive" period !
      so we'd be left with a team gasping for breath, but not having got the job done !

I, personally, would rather have them leading and then gasp for breath.

for me, the key strategy to work on is possession football.
      if we get our passing and positioning correct, we can conserve energy for later periods.

Comment

Uzbaks are geneticaly, closest to us than any other team on this turnement...
        and they also have similar climate in thier country as our's.
        GN haveing emphasized on conditioning, would emply in general we should do better.........
        I disagree with slow start for many reasons.....
        1-We have better bench than they do.....so,ours can beat thiers,after exchanges.
        2-Uzbaks,are more afraid of us than we are of them, so they want to use counter attack,and patience, till last momets...kind of like what jordan did in Azadi.
        3-it is hard to play a goal behind on this weather,niether scoreing one should stop our attack, as japan knows now.
        4-In big games, we should give the game to our big guns !, and let them win it for us ,on the first half, and then back up and use counter attack method.

Comment

totally with you zz jan.

given this weather and conditions, if we fall behind, we will struggle to get goals in the second half.
          I'd say a 2-0 lead for any team in the first 55-60 minutes shd be enough in the bank.

Comment

The climate should not be a big trouble for the majority of our players. We have players like Kaebi and Mobali which grew up in hot and humid areas. Also players that play in UAE should be used to this climate. whoever been to UAE will understand what I mean, 50 degrees C and 90% humidity in the summer is no joke.
            In fact the most trouble will come from players such as Hashemian , Kia, Andranik, etc. who did not play in these conditions before but these guys are pro and in good shape. They should adapt easily.

Comment

Mr. Good jan, I am from khuzestaan, and I also have been to Malaysia.
              trust me, it is far more humid than anything we've had in khuzestaan.

Comment

Actually you have a point, Khuzestan is not as humid as Malaysia, but you have to admit that we have 5 players (Mobali, Kazemian, Enayati, Khatibi, and Shojaei) who play in UAE currently and 3 players (Karimi, Kaebi, and Nekounam) which had played in UAE for some time, believe me UAE is hotter and as humid as Malaysia, our team should be in much better shape weather-wise than the Uzbek team.

Comment

Malaysia, or all of south east Asia for that matter is extremely humid. I agree with DD we have to play possession football there. Full pressing would only work if we have saved energy during the first half or even 60 minutes of the game to give a full power pressure in the last part of the game when it matters
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X