Why are the stadiums empty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the stadiums empty ?

One thing I noticed watching the Asian Cup games so far, is that there are hardly any spectators in the stadiums when the host teams are not playing.

This is really a pitty comparing to how stadiums were packed at Euro, GoldCup or the current Copa America games.

How Asian football gonna survive with this kind of reception? How can we show the world that Asia deserves better and more attention as football loving continent.

I think, AFC should have done a better job together with the host countries to make sure games are properly promoted and tickets are sold. A very negative reflection on Mr. Hamman presidency and the hosts!

K.

i noticed the same thing. It was especially amazing to see that even a US game in Copa America was played to a sold out audience. I think Hamman is seriously rethinking ever having 4 countries jointly host a AC. I just feel it creates a very uncompetitive and unorganized atmosphere

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

Even the Malaysia China game the stadium was like 50% if not more empty seats!!!!
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

Guys, these nations do not have a tradition of professional football. This is not a surprise.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
        And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Haf3z jaan, Canada doesn't have a strong tradition of football neither, but the U20 WC games are all sold out!

In todays games, the stadium was beautiful, but there was hardly over 5000 people there. Or even less!

AFC should have known this before and may be it wasn't such a good idea to award the hosting to a nation that does not have tradition of football.

In my opinion, this will probably go down as the worse Asian Cup as far as attendance is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            Haf3z jaan, Canada doesn't have a strong tradition of football neither, but the U20 WC games are all sold out!
            In todays games, the stadium was beautiful, but there was hardly over 5000 people there. Or even less!
            AFC should have known this before and may be it wasn't such a good idea to award the hosting to a nation that does not have tradition of football.
            In my opinion, this will probably go down as the worse Asian Cup as far as attendance is concerned.
            You just said it yourself aziz, U WC. If that tournament was held in Malaysia I'm pretty sure that there would be more attendants than there is now. Nobody over there cares about Indonesia's/Malaysia's national team, dige che berese be teame Iran .

WC is special because better teams and better players participate. That's what I think.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
            And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

That is not true. I watch the highlights in US and most games (Majority are played in empty stadiums). Only minorities that live in Canada Chilean, Mexican, Africans seems to come and cheer their team. Even Canada games which they lost all of them wasn't sold out. At least on TV it seemed Chile had more fans in the stadium than Canada.

Torento team in MLS has done a great job though. Only team probably in the MLS that has sold out games.
              "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

indonesia is a football crazy country, and the only thing that would deter fans from going to the stadium for any matches, including non-indonesia games is the price of tickets. not sure about how big football is in malaysia, vietnam and thailand but i honestly don't think it's as popular as it is in indonesia. only downside for indos is how much the national team and their league sux.

Comment

The games you are talking about are only in the ethnic centers of Canada, namely Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. Poor planning by Canada and Fifa combined had placed some of Canada's matches in EDMONTON!!! Where people could care less about soccer.

and TFC (toronto FC) has been absolutely amazing - i've been to one of the games myself (against Reyna's team), and I was shocked - the atmosphere is much like Europe, with singing, and excitement and so on. The potential for soccer is HUGE in Toronto!

As for this tournament, I had already written a little something regarding the stadiums. I just think it's poor planning.

Comment

Originally posted by fashionista17 View Post
                    indonesia is a football crazy country, and the only thing that would deter fans from going to the stadium for any matches, including non-indonesia games is the price of tickets. not sure about how big football is in malaysia, vietnam and thailand but i honestly don't think it's as popular as it is in indonesia. only downside for indos is how much the national team and their league sux.
                    How much is the ticket price for a game compared to a daily wage? It is hard to see the stadium being so empty only due to the ticket price though? Maybe games aren't promoted well, (despite country being football crazy and empty stadiums).

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X