Run up to Iran-Malaysia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run up to Iran-Malaysia

I tried to fit my post in any of the threads.
    but there's so much fight (!!?) going on in so many threads that I thought against it.

Anyway, considering the way things have turned out in the other groups, and the prospect of meeting the easier match up's winner for the semis ( iraq-viet ), I think we must do all we can to come tops in our group, so not only we'd avoid the better team of ksa-bahrain-indo-(even) korea, but also the semis would not be as difficult as the other hellish semi.

also, given the malaysians' lack of height and physicality, I think the best approach to the game for TM is: a physical game with direct attacks.

1- we shd win the aerial battles, especially when we have VH and enayati ( or even rajabzadeh ) in front.
    all we need is TWO proper WINGERS who will supply these balls frequently and regularly into the opponent's 18.
    kia, kaz, kaabi are perfect for the right winger, no matter who sits out or who sits back.

on the left, we ought to have madanchi or mobaali in to supply the crosses, supplemented by zandi ( IF GN still persists on this, IMO, wrong placement )

2- we also shd win the rebound balls and second balls in the middle with nekunam , or whoever GN appoints, if he gives neku a rest. E. Sadeghi or Aghili would quite fine here. hell, even nosrati would be nice.
    ( if GN gets wise and moves zandi up to either left mid or center mid, his height will help the team in the middle and on crosses as well ).

seeing that they're going to sit back and "damage control" , then having fancy footwork wont get us much, as they're going to pack their defense and crowd all these slow, fancy players. so no karimi PLEASE.
    however, we shd have players who can take long shots from behind the box. we MUST see at least 7-8 shots in this game. AT LEAST.
    the other thing about packed defense is using FREEKICKS & spotkicks ( especially corners ). thankfully, we seem to be pretty good in this area and having the right players for both right & left side freekicks and corners.

this physical game accented with aerial balls shd result in quite a few goals for us.

as it stands, we must score +3 to equal the chinese , + whatever their G.D. is if they win the uzbeks.
    ( if they draw or lose, even a 1-0 is enough for us ).
    shd not be that difficult.

Hands a bullet proof vest to Dokki. Keep your head down Dokki.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
      Hands a bullet proof vest to Dokki. Keep your head down Dokki.

eh?
      I know chicago is home of Capone et al.
      but WHAT. ARE. YOU. TALKING. ABOUT?

is this some gangsta-rap rap that is beyond my age?

Comment

I agree with DD jaan.....
        did any of you guys watched the game between Thailand and australia ?
        it was on SETANTA cable channell...............
        4-0...................australia.....but, the game was 1-0 to the minute 75 or so, with lots of energy from thailand.....but, australia, figured it out, ( although little late ) as they started to cross from corners to whats his name ( viduka ?), the australian captain, and a the big guy that he is....
        in the middle of three defenders, he comfortably jumped ( not even much ) and headed two goals like that..........he also on another ocation, stoped the ball with his chest, inside the 6 meter box, with 3 defenders,and thai players were as if they were 8 year old boys, and could not do anything to him.
        Our best chances is with Enayati, neko,and Rezaie,and hossaini......I bet, these 4 will score at least one each.( ok, may be not rezaie,he has yellow card )
        It is so simple, cross from corners, and head the ball in..thats all !!

Comment

If there was ever a game where our forwards should power there way into the box and score, this is it. Although I also agree with crossing, there is no problem in stretching them out and forcing our way in either.
          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

We must score early !!it is a must, so they would try to attck,and not get defensive,and cramped.
            We must score atleast one, before minute 20....
            talebloo should be playing, any other tall guys we have would be good also

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              I tried to fit my post in any of the threads.
              but there's so much fight (!!?) going on in so many threads that I thought against it.
              Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              eh?
              I know chicago is home of Capone et al.
              but WHAT. ARE. YOU. TALKING. ABOUT?
              is this some gangsta-rap rap that is beyond my age?

Nejah san Hamshahri?
              "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
              Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
              Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X