Should Kaabi start on Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Kaabi start on Sunday?

I certainly think so and I hope so...I know that GN doesn't beleive in Kaabi, however, his speed and experience, despite his young age can come handy against Korea. I think benching Kaabi is a waste of talent and specially against Korea he is one player I would personaly NOT bench.

How about Nosrati? why doesn't he play???? Does GN truly beleive that Zandi can be more reliable in the LB than Nosrti [against the speedy Koreans], who even if is not a natural LB, is a lot more familiar with that position than Zandi is!!!!

there has to be a way to stop the Koreans and if the Koreans are as quick as the Chinese, which probably are even better, the Kia---Hussaini----Rezaie doesn't seem to cut it!

I don't know anything about the Korea team but the following formation it's just a suggestion

------Rudi jooon sooti --------
    Kaabi---Hussaini----Rezaei-----Nosrati/Zandi
    --------Grando------Nekunam------------
    ----Kia-------Karimi----------Madanchi
    -------------Hashemian---------------
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Any one of kia or kaabi as RB is fine w me.

in fact, I'd want 4 PROPER DEFENDERS for this game.
    meaning no zandi in defense.

my back line:

kaabi/kia --------- hosseini --------- rezaei ----------aghili

note: KIA HAS TO be there. no matter if he's in RB or RW.
    if RB, then we can have either kaabi or better, kazemian as RW.
    if as RW, then kaabi shd be the RB.

Comment

I would bench Rezaei, he showed some flashes of "sooti" in last game again. Besides, he doesn't pass to the keeper any more.

No Kaebi in my book. I keep Kia one line back as he is a better defender than Kaebi.

Comment

It depends on overall strategy of the GN. But I think addition of Kaabi and playing Karimi as offensive midfielder closer to Kia, Kaabi will help us on offensive side. Maybe we can revive the golden 2004 AFC triangle.

Wouldn't it be something to play 4-4-2 with Karimi as offensive mid (Diamond), shojai on LM, Kia right mid and Nekko DM. Don't know why GN doesn't consider this?
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
          I would bench Rezaei, he showed some flashes of "sooti" in last game again. Besides, he doesn't pass to the keeper any more.
          No Kaebi in my book. I keep Kia one line back as he is a better defender than Kaebi.

That is gutsy move. Rezai although not having a good performance is the most expereinced one we have. So I wouldnt' do something like this.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
          Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
          Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
          sigpic

Comment

I realy realy,think we all have lost " SARE NAKH " by counting too much on line up, and immidiatly after each game, its a talk as if , had so and so was playing instead of so and so, we would have done this or that.....
            Frankly, it is not that much,depending to the line up.....If there is a good game plan, players would show themseleves better., and any of our currant line up would be sufficient......

Comment

bahram jan, actually the starting line up has a lot to do with why we fall behind or play below par in first halves.

( LOL. this is my shortest post in YEARS )

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

Yah.

Comment

To employ Mahdavikia as a Rightback would negate his ability to push up and send his rather priceless crosses into the area.

Additionally, to employ Mehdi as a rightback would hinder his ability to contribute to the attack greatly through his excellent ball distribution. Kaebi is not as a capable as Mehdi in the above areas.

So if Kaebi is to start, I think the appropriate position is to sit behind Mehdi as a RB on the right wing. If Kaebi is ineffective in RB, we can easily shift Mahdavikia to his position, take Kaebi off the putch, and sub Kazemian(who is also quite adept in his ball distribution) in where Mehdi was playing.

Thoughts?
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Mahdavikia does not possess the pace to play as a rw, this has become apparent in the last three games in Malaysia. rb is the only position he can be utilized in as a result.
                    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
                      Mahdavikia does not possess the pace to play as a rw, this has become apparent in the last three games in Malaysia. rb is the only position he can be utilized in as a result.
                      Good observation. I would bring a midfielder (not necessary a fast one but a technical one) for the first half and then sub him with Kazemian in second half depending of the flow of the game. I like Rajab-zadeh style of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                        To employ Mahdavikia as a Rightback would negate his ability to push up and send his rather priceless crosses into the area.
                        Additionally, to employ Mehdi as a rightback would hinder his ability to contribute to the attack greatly through his excellent ball distribution. Kaebi is not as a capable as Mehdi in the above areas.
                        So if Kaebi is to start, I think the appropriate position is to sit behind Mehdi as a RB on the right wing. If Kaebi is ineffective in RB, we can easily shift Mahdavikia to his position, take Kaebi off the putch, and sub Kazemian(who is also quite adept in his ball distribution) in where Mehdi was playing.
                        Thoughts?
                        thoughts?
                        Any one of kia or kaabi as RB is fine w me.

my back line:

kaabi/kia --------- hosseini --------- rezaei ----------aghili

note: KIA HAS TO be there. no matter if he's in RB or RW.
                        if RB, then we can have either kaabi or better, kazemian as RW.
                        if as RW, then kaabi shd be the RB.
                        kia can still partake in ball distribution , altho' not as incisive. yet, it'd be good to have a defender distribute well if our playmaker or central mids are man-marked.

Comment

bahram jan, actually the starting line up has a lot to do with why we fall behind or play below par in first halves.

DD jaan, I personaly enjoy your long posts.....you are an asset to this site.
                          How ever, Is it better , like japan, whom have found thier line up, or us all guessing all the time.?

Comment

Yes he should
                            he s fast and he s played with them many times
                            and FOR THE LOVE OF GODDDDD use this formation ((((

................................Hashemian......... .....
                            .........................Karimi................... .......

....Zandi.......................................Ma hdavikia
                            ..................................Teymourian...... ........
                            ..........................Nekounam................ ....

...Sadeghi........................................ .Kaebi
                            ...................Rezaie...........Hosseini...... ......

.......................Roudbarian................. ......
                            ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

S.Korea is the most impotent team of the ones remaining with only 3 goals scored in all the group stages. Their creating of chances has also been poor.

If there is a game you should be least worried about the defense, then this is it.

Comment

Working...
                              X