Have you noticed ?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you noticed ?......

Have you all noticed ?.....in this Asian Cup....

1-The only country with an imppresive record was the saudi's......which they only tied once with Korea, and lost once at the end,which was the only game,they did not score.

2-Other than saudi's, and the Iraq ( which is an unusual case ! ),and to lesser extend,japan, all other teams were Mediocre !

3-Except,malaysia, and qatar, .every body had a win.

4-Australia, just got lucky with Oman at the minute 90,to get a tie,and only beat Thayland,which,the game was 0-0 till minute 75 and Thayland had outplayed them till that time.

5- Vietnam,indonasia,and thayland had better point percentage than most,hence gained alot in FIFA Ranking.

6-According to FIFA ranking system, the games ending with penalty shootout,will be considered as tie.........................which in that case, the only teams who did not lose were.......... IRAQ & IRAN .

Good point. A game that ends in a penalty shootout is techinically a tie. So thats good that FIFA takes that into consideration for the rankings

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
      6-According to FIFA ranking system, the games ending with penalty shootout,will be considered as tie.........................which in that case, the only teams who did not lose were.......... IRAQ & IRAN .
      I think you guys have been gambling too much. It is only in gambling that
      a draw at the end of regulation is considered a draw. A game is considered
      a draw even if a team wins in extra (30 minute) time.

FIFA ranking does not make any distinction between an extra time win,
      penalty kick win or regulation time win.

For the purpose of seperating goals scored in regulation vs penalty
      kicks the scores are kept separte:

Iran 0 Korea 0 (4-2 PK). That is not saying the game is a draw.

I dont know what purpose it serves in new ranking, but in old ranking
      goal differential was taken into account in ranking. It no longer is.
      That is why it was important to differentiate between a real
      4-2 vs 4-2PK, which I think was just counted as +1.

Comment

I think it wasn't that big name teams were mediocere. It is an indication that other countries are closing the gap. If a team plays agains ta weaker team of coruse they play beautiful, remmber Ghana and Jamaica game in Tehran? I was amazed with the speed of our offensive transition in those two games. However time showed that, our offensive transitions weren't as good as it was suggested (in that game).
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

One major factor that we rarely , if ever, talk about is the conditions the games were played in.

they were almost horrible conditions. humidity and heat saps a player's energy. if you add rain, it reduces games to half their potential.

so MY explanation for many mediocre performances by all the big teams has a LOT to do with the conditions.
          I doubt aussies or japanese or even TM would perform so poorly had it been in a very amiable and favorable climatic conditions.
          Everyone was complaining about it ( except the hosts, who were used to it. no wonder they exceeded in their performances ).

saying that, it shd prove that teams that actually performed well did exteremly well in reality, to overcome the conditions and display good football.
          but had the games been in a good environment, many games would have ended differently. believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
            I think you guys have been gambling too much. It is only in gambling that
            a draw at the end of regulation is considered a draw. A game is considered
            a draw even if a team wins in extra (30 minute) time.

FIFA ranking does not make any distinction between an extra time win,
            penalty kick win or regulation time win.

For the purpose of seperating goals scored in regulation vs penalty
            kicks the scores are kept separte:

Iran 0 Korea 0 (4-2 PK). That is not saying the game is a draw.

I dont know what purpose it serves in new ranking, but in old ranking
            goal differential was taken into account in ranking. It no longer is.
            That is why it was important to differentiate between a real
            4-2 vs 4-2PK, which I think was just counted as +1.
            gol_kuchik e aziz,...............I am very sure,that when ranking in FIFA,they take shootouts as tie......( let me know,if you want me to find the site ),...as any thing els, would not show thier streangth.............penalty,as we all know, is not fair.........on any given day, country like vietnam,can beat Brazil,in a penalty shoot out.

Comment

In the up comeing ,up-dateing FIFA ranking for the mounth of August......
              Iran should not be loseing any points,
              Australia will,due to only one win against Thayland
              South Korea,lost to bahrain,should also lose, and thier wins,were with penalties,or non-consequential.
              Japan also did not beat any one of consiquent.
              saudi's will gain points.
              So will Iraq.
              So will, vietnam, indonesia,and Thayland.
              china will lose point.
              uzbecks will gain a little.
              .....................Therefore, Iran, perhaps,will keep its ranking is Asia, which is either first or close secound to japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                One major factor that we rarely , if ever, talk about is the conditions the games were played in.

they were almost horrible conditions. humidity and heat saps a player's energy. if you add rain, it reduces games to half their potential.

so MY explanation for many mediocre performances by all the big teams has a LOT to do with the conditions.
                I doubt aussies or japanese or even TM would perform so poorly had it been in a very amiable and favorable climatic conditions.
                Everyone was complaining about it ( except the hosts, who were used to it. no wonder they exceeded in their performances ).

saying that, it shd prove that teams that actually performed well did exteremly well in reality, to overcome the conditions and display good football.
                but had the games been in a good environment, many games would have ended differently. believe me.
                I agree. The next games will be played in Qatar, in the month of January to avoid the summer heat.
                The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
                  I agree. The next games will be played in Qatar, in the month of January to avoid the summer heat.
                  its already decided to be in january??
                  wow, that would be great!
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                    its already decided to be in january??
                    wow, that would be great!
                    ya I was thinking the same..5 months less of a wait lol
                    sigpic
                    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                      gol_kuchik e aziz,...............I am very sure,that when ranking in FIFA,they take shootouts as tie......( let me know,if you want me to find the site ),...as any thing els, would not show thier streangth.............penalty,as we all know, is not fair.........on any given day, country like vietnam,can beat Brazil,in a penalty shoot out.
                      Unfortunately the original detailed fifa document explaining new ranking
                      is no longer there:

http://www.fifa.com/documents/tourna...revision_E.pdf

Nevertheless, the secondary sources like answer.com and wikipedia state:

In the event of a match being decided by a penalty shootout, the winning team receives two points, and the losing team one point.

Result Points
                      Win (no penalty shootout) 3
                      Draw 1
                      Loss (no penalty shootout) 0
                      Win (penalty shootout) 2
                      Loss (penalty shootout) 1

If the above is correct, then I was incorrect in stating that a penalty
                      shoot out win is same as a regular win. But your statement is also incorrect
                      in suggesting the game is considered a draw if it is decided in penalty shootout
                      from the ranking point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
                        Unfortunately the original detailed fifa document explaining new ranking
                        is no longer there:

http://www.fifa.com/documents/tourna...revision_E.pdf

Nevertheless, the secondary sources like answer.com and wikipedia state:

In the event of a match being decided by a penalty shootout, the winning team receives two points, and the losing team one point.

Result Points
                        Win (no penalty shootout) 3
                        Draw 1
                        Loss (no penalty shootout) 0
                        Win (penalty shootout) 2
                        Loss (penalty shootout) 1

If the above is correct, then I was incorrect in stating that a penalty
                        shoot out win is same as a regular win. But your statement is also incorrect
                        in suggesting the game is considered a draw if it is decided in penalty shootout
                        from the ranking point of view.
                        gol-kuchik aziz...............you were right..............2 for winner,and 1 for the loser............

Comment

Working...
                        X