Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can American Football be assimilated by Our Football ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can American Football be assimilated by Our Football ?

When I arrived to USA, 29 years ago,I used to think, The american football was Goofy !!, with all that stops and mass exchanges and all !!,But, I later tried not to compaire them, and began to like it too !!
    Any way, I noticed,in the last world cup, Klinsman,the head coach of Germany,who has been liveing in USA for the last 10 years, had told the German media,before the WC,that his head coaching style has assimilated some ideas from NFL,of USA...............
    That was something I had thought about for so many years, as NFL, is highly organized and well detailed game.............
    I like to ask, my fellow members here, specialy those who understand both games well, to give thier opinion, as how, and what can be learned from NFL,both as far as coaching and plans,as well as organization.
    Recievers ................Forwards
    quarter-backs...........Passing,off-side,
    Corner-backs............R,L coerners.
    defense.................defense
    coaching system............coaching system
    preparation ?..........
    Ect..........................

One of our problems during the asian Cup was OFF-SIDE...........
    In American Football, when a passer, ( Midfield ) passes....there are

trojectory passes,
    Timeing passes,
    Rout running passes....

Rout running..........., a midfielder,can distribute balls, based on pre-arranged rout running of a stricker, in which, a forward, times his runnuning, to be at a particular spot ,withing 5 secounds for example......so, it will be far harder for a defender to defend, as a back, would not know where the ball is going to be passed at,and it will be to the forward's advantage.

Trojectory passes............, are the kind, that our midfielders, can use to beat the Off-side trap.....in such a way, that, with trojecting a pass,they let the stricker to have time to go around a defender,without being off-side.as the more trojectory, the longer it takes for a ball to get to a target,hence, giveing time to beat the off-side trap.

The Coaching !!!
    The coaching in american football, is the most advanced management,as many companies invite coaches to lecture, empolyees,and any staffs,as how to improve productions.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
      One of our problems during the asian Cup was OFF-SIDE...........
      In American Football, when a passer, ( Midfield ) passes....there are
      trojectory passes,
      Timeing passes,
      Rout running passes....
      Rout running..........., a midfielder,can distribute balls, based on pre-arranged rout running of a stricker, in which, a forward, times his runnuning, to be at a particular spot ,withing 5 secounds for example......so, it will be far harder for a defender to defend, as a back, would not know where the ball is going to be passed at,and it will be to the forward's advantage.
      Trojectory passes............, are the kind, that our midfielders, can use to beat the Off-side trap.....in such a way, that, with trojecting a pass,they let the stricker to have time to go around a defender,without being off-side.as the more trojectory, the longer it takes for a ball to get to a target,hence, giveing time to beat the off-side trap.
      The Coaching !!!
      The coaching in american football, is the most advanced management,as many companies invite coaches to lecture, empolyees,and any staffs,as how to improve productions.
      I dont' claim to undrestand American football (although I tried for a kicker position in the university of Manitoba football (Canadian football) team), but I think American football and real football are very different. In American football, action happens for 10-12 seconds maximum. Then there is a stop, offensive coach, defensive coach, special team coach or head coach, intervens, change players, etc. etc. So coaching role is much more pronounced.

Players can catch their breath, so stamina isn't as a big factor as it is in real football.

Unlimited Subs. Again more coach's role

Tv commercial break: More time for player recuperation.

Situation is somewhat the same for Basketball.

In football (soccer) when the ref blows the whistle, coach is done for most part. It is up to the coach that gets the players and the team prepared for the game durign the practices, but during the game his role is much more limited comapred to an American football coach. Subs are limited up to 3 and he has 15 minutes during the half time to talk to his players. A soccer player needs to be more creative and improvise much more. He needs to be able to make split second decisions about his moves with or without the ball. And even more to coordinate his moves with his team-mates.

All in all, I think Parallels are very little. I think What Klinseman was reffering to was a more organized approach to coaching in American football (for example specific coach for offense defense, etc.). In a typical real football team you don't see a defense coach, an offense coach, head coach. There are several coaches in the coachign staff, but not a specific offensive, defensive coach.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
        I dont' claim to undrestand American football (although I tried for a kicker position in the university of Manitoba football (Canadian football) team), but I think American football and real football are very different. In American football, action happens for 10-12 seconds maximum. Then there is a stop, offensive coach, defensive coach, special team coach or head coach, intervens, change players, etc. etc. So coaching role is much more pronounced.
        Players can catch their breath, so stamina isn't as a big factor as it is in real football.
        Unlimited Subs. Again more coach's role
        Tv commercial break: More time for player recuperation.
        Situation is somewhat the same for Basketball.
        In football (soccer) when the ref blows the whistle, coach is done for most part. It is up to the coach that gets the players and the team prepared for the game durign the practices, but during the game his role is much more limited comapred to an American football coach. Subs are limited up to 3 and he has 15 minutes during the half time to talk to his players. A soccer player needs to be more creative and improvise much more. He needs to be able to make split second decisions about his moves with or without the ball. And even more to coordinate his moves with his team-mates.
        All in all, I think Parallels are very little. I think What Klinseman was reffering to was a more organized approach to coaching in American football (for example specific coach for offense defense, etc.). In a typical real football team you don't see a defense coach, an offense coach, head coach. There are several coaches in the coachign staff, but not a specific offensive, defensive coach.
        Ali jaan, it seems, you know more about american football,than you are admiting !!
        But, the issue, I am tring to raise here, is....with ever more improveing techniques and strategies in our football, and coaches are constantly looking for new ways to surprize opponants.....one can get ideas from american football...............
        Lets take...................set pieces !!
        as you know, in recent years ( Last 15 years ), the set kicks from out side of 18 has become more dangerouse, and actualy, now a days, may be 30% of goals scored come from these kicks ..............WHY ?
        So, American football, can, and should have something to teach to our football...............more over, the corner kicks, out throws, longer distance kicks, can be pre-arranged,just like american football.......Why Not ?
        In fact, if a coach wants,he can, create situations to use more pre-arranged set-ups...and timely oriented plays,with specific time sensetive assignments.

Comment

Ali jaan, it seems, you know more about american football,than you are admiting !!
          But, the issue, I am tring to raise here, is....with ever more improveing techniques and strategies in our football, and coaches are constantly looking for new ways to surprize opponants.....one can get ideas from american football...............
          Lets take...................set pieces !!
          as you know, in recent years ( Last 15 years ), the set kicks from out side of 18 has become more dangerouse, and actualy, now a days, may be 30% of goals scored come from these kicks ..............WHY ?
          So, American football, can, and should have something to teach to our football...............more over, the corner kicks, out throws, longer distance kicks, can be pre-arranged,just like american football.......Why Not ?
          In fact, if a coach wants,he can, create situations to use more pre-arranged set-ups...and timely oriented plays,with specific time sensetive assignments.
          As for set pieces, even high school teams practice that already in their practices. When I coached in IL, my high school team had 3 different set up for corner kicks (and my team wasn't a very good team to be honest). So I think that idea is already incorporated into soccer.

But I think two games are fundementally different. Player creativity and independent thinking under physical fatigue is the main thing in soccer which you dont' see in American fooball. However due to shorter play duration 10-12seconds of active play, American football coordination wise is much more complex. Where is Haji, I think he is a big American/Canadian football fan.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

Ali Jaan...............I do not think,the high school do such things....
            In our games with mexico, both in WC,and the friendly game in san-louis potosi, the mexicans, scored on a set piece,in which, there was a kick around 40 meters away,crossing from right side...............in both cases, all defenders, were waiting for the cross,so they could either defend,or head, or they had man to man,assignments.................but, what happened, was, suddenly, we saw a mexican stricker, alone,and uncovered, in front of the pack, who scored.............as he, instead of being behind,and waiting,was in the front and uncovered.................
            The was no luck,as why thier stricker was uncovered,and why the defender who had him as man to man assignment, missed him.............here, they had used the american football system., as how to lose a man to man defender.
            and creating situations, as to manipulate circumstances,to make two defenders colide,or be sent to a wrong dirctions...so a stricker can get free.
            In american Football, there thousands of prearranged plans to create unfaire circumstances......and this is just one example, without ball......as there are thousands more with the ball,as well.

Comment

Ali Jaan...............I do not think,the high school do such things....
              In our games with mexico, both in WC,and the friendly game in san-louis potosi, the mexicans, scored on a set piece,in which, there was a kick around 40 meters away,crossing from right side...............in both cases, all defenders, were waiting for the cross,so they could either defend,or head, or they had man to man,assignments.................but, what happened, was, suddenly, we saw a mexican stricker, alone,and uncovered, in front of the pack, who scored.............as he, instead of being behind,and waiting,was in the front and uncovered.................
              The was no luck,as why thier stricker was uncovered,and why the defender who had him as man to man assignment, missed him.............here, they had used the american football system., as how to lose a man to man defender.
              and creating situations, as to manipulate circumstances,to make two defenders colide,or be sent to a wrong dirctions...so a stricker can get free.
              In american Football, there thousands of prearranged plans to create unfaire circumstances......and this is just one example, without ball......as there are thousands more with the ball,as well.
              I was talking about the high school team I coached here in US. I haven't been to Iran, but if you look at the way the do the corners, you see teams have practiced the corner kicks. It is true that our football to some degree is sheer to sheer, but I am sure even at this sheer to sheer level, corners and set pieces are practiced during the practice sessions. For example, in Esteghlal, all the free kicks will be kicked by Navazi this season, and if he is not in then Mohsen Yousefi will kick them. You can see both Sadeghi and Ghorbani scored goals for EsEs on free kicks or corner kicks. This shows these are practiced in practices.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X