Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM in WC,South Africa, with Afshin Ghotbi !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM in WC,South Africa, with Afshin Ghotbi !!

He used to be very nice player, in california,and later for the love of the game,tried coaching at the university level......by anayling games and strategies....he set high gols for himself.........
    he started by, learning from the big vetrans of the game, and sacrifised his USA comfort, and applied for jobs , football related over seas............
    After being assistant, to high profile European coaches,and attending the biggest school, that is world cup,.....the next logical step ,and the final step,would have been to coach for a team in the world Cup !!!............so,the most likely country to give him such oppurtunity would have been Iran.................But, in order to complete his resume, he first needed to have head coaching experince.....and where els,other than Iran....
    and where els, better than thier best, highly talented team ( perspolise ), as he would not had to start from scratch, and with some minimal ajustement, could succeed.................
    Now, in this year's league.....The Ali daei, and Azizi coached games, are out of it, as they do not have the neccesary resiliency for the job......and by looking at the perspolise Dominant game in Mashhad,against abumoslem, as well as three consecative starting wins..............perspolise looks very much capeble of winning it all by the end of the season !!.............
    So what happeneds, when by the end of the season, ....
    You have in one hand, Ghalenoee,whom lets say, not much appreciated, and on the other hand...we will have a, coach.....who has coached in multyple World Cups, and has Experince playing all asian teams for 10 years......and happeneds to be the champion of Iranian domestic league, on his first try .
    It will be very tough for IFF, not to select Ghotbi,for TM, ..specialy,with Dominant fans of perspolise...............

bahram jan, I am sort of familiar w ghotbi's resume' and believe me, brother, he is NOT what you think he is to deserve the TM job.

so far in Iran he's won 3 games. but that can not and SHD NOT be the criteria to pick him as TM coach. look at GN.
    we MUST learn from past mistakes.

the same "resiliency" & consistency that you tout, ghotbi has a LOOOOOONNNGG way to prove he has.
    3 games?
    that's not even insignificant. that's zero.

just like those who wanted Daei to take TM as soon as he won. it is TOO EARLY for the likes of ghotbi and daei to take TM under their wings. they are NOT experienced as COACHES .. no matter how much exposed and how intelligent or ... they may be.

they gotta win a few AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, LOSE A FEW on their way to experience. in fact this losing a few is the part that makes them battle-hardened.

ghotbi for 2010 WC ?
    impractical and unnecessary

Comment

Payman e Aziz...............
      Nosrati, right after comeing back from asian Games, in an interview, said,he was recommanded ,during a friendly talk,by Ghotbi, to join perspolise !!??
      Obviously, in the circle of Perspolise mafia,some decision makers,like ghotbi...,and those people,are also influential in TM,and IFF.
      And beside..................you say, three games,is not enough...to which I agree.................But, what If ?....what if he wins the league ?
      I hate to say this, as an Esteghlali, but, perspolise,has enough talent to be in top three by the end of the season,even without a coach....
      But, If, and thats a big If,from your perspective, If, they win the league...his situation will be different than Ghalenoee,or Daie.....as his resume,will be much more impresive than any bodyels in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
        Payman e Aziz...............
        Nosrati, right after comeing back from asian Games, in an interview, said,he was recommanded ,during a friendly talk,by Ghotbi, to join perspolise !!??
        Obviously, in the circle of Perspolise mafia,some decision makers,like ghotbi...,and those people,are also influential in TM,and IFF.
        And beside..................you say, three games,is not enough...to which I agree.................But, what If ?....what if he wins the league ?
        I hate to say this, as an Esteghlali, but, perspolise,has enough talent to be in top three by the end of the season,even without a coach....
        But, If, and thats a big If,from your perspective, If, they win the league...his situation will be different than Ghalenoee,or Daie.....as his resume,will be much more impresive than any bodyels in Iran.
        Daie won a league title, if we go by that criteria, he can be the head coach right?
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
          Daie won a league title, if we go by that criteria, he can be the head coach right?
          Ali jaan, I said it before...............Ghotbi's case will be different......he will be a coach who has won the domestic league championship,on his first try, as well as being on coaching staff of teams going to WC for 12 years...as well as knowledge of all asian opponants...and thier view of iranian football........anf general international experince..
          As daei's playing time is not considered a credit.

Comment

Ali jaan, I said it before...............Ghotbi's case will be different......he will be a coach who has won the domestic league championship,on his first try, as well as being on coaching staff of teams going to WC for 12 years...as well as knowledge of all asian opponants...and thier view of iranian football........anf general international experince..
            As daei's playing time is not considered a credit.
            So let's wait he wins the IPL title first. 31 more games left a lot can happen.
            As Payman said, I think we shouldn't jump the gun. He only won three games againt teams that aren't power house (this season at least). So I don't understand why all of a sudden Ghotbi becomes the hero and "the man for all the seasons". The guy needs to prove himself before being considered for a national team head coach job.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
              So let's wait he wins the IPL title first. 31 more games left a lot can happen.
              As Payman said, I think we shouldn't jump the gun. He only won three games againt teams that aren't power house (this season at least). So I don't understand why all of a sudden Ghotbi becomes the hero and "the man for all the seasons". The guy needs to prove himself before being considered for a national team head coach job.
              If he wins the league ( Which I think he will ), two things will be very apparant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1-Ghotbi is good !

2-The league sucks !

Comment

He used to be very nice player, in california,and later for the love of the game,tried coaching at the university level......by anayling games and strategies....he set high gols for himself.........
                he started by, learning from the big vetrans of the game, and sacrifised his USA comfort, and applied for jobs , football related over seas............
                After being assistant, to high profile European coaches,and attending the biggest school, that is world cup,.....the next logical step ,and the final step,would have been to coach for a team in the world Cup !!!............so,the most likely country to give him such oppurtunity would have been Iran.................But, in order to complete his resume, he first needed to have head coaching experince.....and where els,other than Iran....
                and where els, better than thier best, highly talented team ( perspolise ), as he would not had to start from scratch, and with some minimal ajustement, could succeed.................
                Now, in this year's league.....The Ali daei, and Azizi coached games, are out of it, as they do not have the neccesary resiliency for the job......and by looking at the perspolise Dominant game in Mashhad,against abumoslem, as well as three consecative starting wins..............perspolise looks very much capeble of winning it all by the end of the season !!.............
                So what happeneds, when by the end of the season, ....
                You have in one hand, Ghalenoee,whom lets say, not much appreciated, and on the other hand...we will have a, coach.....who has coached in multyple World Cups, and has Experince playing all asian teams for 10 years......and happeneds to be the champion of Iranian domestic league, on his first try .
                It will be very tough for IFF, not to select Ghotbi,for TM, ..specialy,with Dominant fans of perspolise...............
                I am very optimistic about Ghotbi's coaching potentials.... Let's give him the time and see what he does with Persepolis this season. Then we'll go from there.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

perspolis team and squad is too strong that even hamid estilli can win the league with it.
                  the team is complete, matured with a mixture of experienced leaders and youth blood in them, and doesnt have any voids!
                  their only vulnerable position is their LB and so far pejamn nouri has been doing great. however once injuries and suspensions start kicking in, things might get a bit difficult for filling up that spot..

however, afshin ghotbi's resume, past experience and professional attitude shouldnt be ignored and for sure, he can help us in TM someway or the other. its not like we have a queue of great coaches waiting for us,, so we should make the maximum use of every small advantage that we have in any way or form..
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I like him but I say lets see how he performes as head-coach at PP before I make up my mind. Its a big difference between being the head-coach and being an assistant coach. so far he is doing well at PP but to be honest PP has not realy being tested.. i.e. injuries, suspensions etc.. hence after a full season we know the man's qualities.... so lets lie back and watch him

hope he does well
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Too quick in making heroes and even quicker at making villains. Let's give it some time. Nothing has been proven yet.

Comment

after dropping points in 2 consecutive games, and being unable to hold onto their lead ( 3-1 against fajr, for example ), shall we talk about ghotbi and WC anytime soon?

and even now, I still say hanooz jaye seft nashaashideh !
                        there are games against sepahan, ss , ss-ahvaz, saipa, ... left .

morale of the story: lets not have knee jerk reactions to a couple of game wins ( just like azizi's case last year , after 3 wins !!! ).

Comment

We need an experienced coach. Despite Ghotbi's good results so far, at the world cup he will not be up to standard against other world class coaches.
                          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

IFF has never defined a set of qualifications for selecting a coach for TM.. either hired a foreign coach (based on the budget they had for it).. or the head of IFF gave the job to a friend of his, like in QN's case or Heshmat Mohajerani's case, or MK's case..

Resume means nothing,
                            Education means crap,
                            International Experience.. well, let's not even go there ..

I think regardless of what PP does , Our national team can benefit from this uniquely Iranian coach, Afshin Ghotbi..

Comment

Originally posted by BehzadB View Post
                              I think regardless of what PP does , Our national team can benefit from this uniquely Iranian coach, Afshin Ghotbi..

I absolutely agree.
                              but not as the head coach.
                              more, as a supporting role like assistant coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X