Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM in WC,South Africa, with Afshin Ghotbi !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    I absolutely agree.
    but not as the head coach.
    more, as a supporting role like assistant coach.

how about this:

Firouz karimi, Ghotbi, cheraghpour and shah gholam in that order

and Mohases as Sarparast..

Comment

LOOLLL

none of those are going to be ready to work under any other one!
      karimi and cheraghpoor have massive egos.
      shah-gholam doesnt look like it either.
      ghotbi is still unknown to me but knowing he is iranian, tells me he wont be ready either !

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        LOOLLL

none of those are going to be ready to work under any other one!
        but you can't blame me for trying....

Comment

Qn had a much weaker squad when he took over SS and managed to become runners up (lost the championship on the last day) and won the league the year after, and as we saw, he still wasn't completely ready to take over TM.

Even if Qotbi manages to win the title with this strong squad, he still got a long way to go to take over such a hard and important task.

I strongly believe that if Qn was given this year's SS squad, that he would've won the league again (or atleast would compete as one of the main contenders), so winning the league doesn't indicate much.

Winning the IPL title goes over 34 games, a whole season which leaves (relatively lots of) space for errors, which don't need to be vital necessarely; guiding TM to the WC and eventually through the WC doesn't leave space for such (small) errors, as even 1 loss, and 1 wrongly made tactiqual mistake/substitution can result in a disqualification.

Qotbi is a good coach, but still has a long way to go to be able to take over TM during WCQ/WC imo.
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            Qn had a much weaker squad when he took over SS and managed to become runners up (lost the championship on the last day) and won the league the year after, and as we saw, he still wasn't completely ready to take over TM.
            Even if Qotbi manages to win the title with this strong squad, he still got a long way to go to take over such a hard and important task.
            I strongly believe that if Qn was given this year's SS squad, that he would've won the league again (or atleast would compete as one of the main contenders), so winning the league doesn't indicate much.
            Winning the IPL title goes over 34 games, a whole season which leaves (relatively lots of) space for errors, which don't need to be vital necessarely; guiding TM to the WC and eventually through the WC doesn't leave space for such (small) errors, as even 1 loss, and 1 wrongly made tactiqual mistake/substitution can result in a disqualification.
            Qotbi is a good coach, but still has a long way to go to be able to take over TM during WCQ/WC imo.
            Great points, illustrated well by pertinent examples.

It is too early to judge Afshin Ghotbi, but the 'hashiyeh' and prejudicies which come with other domestic coaches is something which is absent with Ghotbi.

I have a wait and see attitude when it comes to Afshin, but so far so good!
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

There is something very important happening.........mor important than Ghotbi himself.
              It may be too soon to declair Ghotbi is TM coach, or even League champion, although He certainly has a good chance !!!
              But, the more important issue here, is the relationship, between Iranians inside,and outside of Iran !!!
              Many in Iran, do not believe, Forign educated Iranians, or forign experince can help Iranians within Iran......and that includes, poletical changes as well !!!!
              If, Ghotbi, wins the league with Perspolise, it will be very good for us all liveing out side......as this phenamena ( Ghotbi ) will make us all Iranians closer to each other !!!,
              I for one, would pull for him,even though,I am a big time TAJI ( Esteghlali ).

Comment

I guess it is an automatic "self-runnner" if Ghotbi wins the IPL the pressure from media etc will play a role...

to be honest, I wouldn't mind that....
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/sport/s...otheysay.shtml

Comment

thanks for posting

But to be honest, which Iranian coach wouldn't say no to these type fo questions? Be it Ali Daei or Jallali etc... of course they express their willingness

BUT I would be more than happy to have Ghotbi there.. IMO he is most qualified... we just have to wait till the end of the season to see where PP really goes.

best of luck to him

and more importantly best of luck to the future of TM!

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                      thanks for posting
                      But to be honest, which Iranian coach wouldn't say no to these type fo questions? Be it Ali Daei or Jallali etc... of course they express their willingness
                      BUT I would be more than happy to have Ghotbi there.. IMO he is most qualified... we just have to wait till the end of the season to see where PP really goes.
                      best of luck to him
                      and more importantly best of luck to the future of TM!
                      Not trying to be negative, but you base his qualification for TM job based on the 8 weeks of IPL only? Don't you think u are jumping the gun?
                      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                        Not trying to be negative, but you base his qualification for TM job based on the 8 weeks of IPL only? Don't you think u are jumping the gun?

as I said already in my post:

we just have to wait till the end of the season to see where PP really goes.

I am not jumping anything.. up to now... his tactics, game formulae make sense to me more than others in IPL.

BUT as i said, we have to wiat till the end of the season!

Comment

i personally am still not sure how much has ghotbi contributed and how much of it is estilli.
                          we all know estilli was the man behind bringing such players.
                          we all also know that ghotbi is a very good psychologist and injects a lot of positive thining and has handled the hashieh (not much of it has appeared yet) too much and the fact that he hasnt allowed estilli to start his sheytuni again (estilli too might not have become troublesome yet) .

i think we can judge him better when he plays against some tactically competent coaches like luka bonacic or firouz karimi which will require ghotbi to make changes in the team during the game or half time or something.
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                            thanks for posting
                            this is a different case.........
                            This guy, has not left the western world,and international comepetition to coach perspolise and work with estili............
                            he is building up his resume'....for his long time ambition of coaching in WC.

Comment

^ true, true!

Comment

Note: I didnt want to start a whole new thread and since this one is about qotbi and ... :

playing scrapy and low quality football just to be saved by ONE MAN ONLY can get one only so far. and we shd not mistake the quality of the game by the score-line. They struggle to get somewhere in so many games, it is slowly starting to become a trend as many members predict the match by saying: "team XXX attacks and controls the game and PP scores and wins" !!!

a simple test can prove and demonstrate how effective pp has been : take khalili out for a couple of games and then watch the results. I havent checked, but how many games & points have pp got due to this one man ? Where would they be without khalili? ( and where would saipa be with khalili this season? )

when a team relies only on one man to get its results, no1 credits anyone in the team or the team for performances. I am yet to see this so called "revolution" Mr. Qotbi is supposed to have started.

If playing "ali asghari" style was the aim, then parvin was there the whole time. why bring in an expensive coach?
                                let alone bring him for TM !!!

we certainly dont want a coach that has ali asghari style and merely relies on ONE MAN to get his team out of trouble !

Comment

Working...
                                X