Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM in WC,South Africa, with Afshin Ghotbi !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Note: I didnt want to start a whole new thread and since this one is about qotbi and ... :
    playing scrapy and low quality football just to be saved by ONE MAN ONLY can get one only so far. and we shd not mistake the quality of the game by the score-line. They struggle to get somewhere in so many games, it is slowly starting to become a trend as many members predict the match by saying: "team XXX attacks and controls the game and PP scores and wins" !!!
    a simple test can prove and demonstrate how effective pp has been : take khalili out for a couple of games and then watch the results. I havent checked, but how many games & points have pp got due to this one man ? Where would they be without khalili? ( and where would saipa be with khalili this season? )
    when a team relies only on one man to get its results, no1 credits anyone in the team or the team for performances. I am yet to see this so called "revolution" Mr. Qotbi is supposed to have started.
    If playing "ali asghari" style was the aim, then parvin was there the whole time. why bring in an expensive coach?
    let alone bring him for TM !!!
    we certainly dont want a coach that has ali asghari style and merely relies on ONE MAN to get his team out of trouble !
    DD jaan;
    Khalili was on a drought for 6-7 games after SS game until the game last week week 7-14. Then Fatemi scored a couple of key goals, even Aghai and Badamaki scored the winning goal. I am a blue fan and have no love life with PP and Ghotbi, but PP today is much more than just one guy (Khalili upfront). Ghotbi lucky or not, somehow injected winning attitude into its players. Granted Estili and company did a great job by selecting good players at the start of the season.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

I'd say the major difference is they got a player who KNOWS how to score goals, compared to the crappy roster of last season.

that's the difference between the pp that played great football but didnt have a striker who could convert all those chances to goals, and the one that has such a player who saves them despite the lower quality of football displayed.

Comment

Stilli has had nothing to do with perspolise's success.......
        The Organization ( Kashani & etc.)are commited the have the best ( According to thier own taste )...and thats why,they just offered 400 million to kabie to come back. ( It may as well be the plan of islamic republic ).
        Stilli is a pown.....
        as far as ghotbi, the system ,little by little is getting into him,and his ultra efficient , hard working system,is wearing down.....and that is what will happen to any forign coach,if they come to Iran........They come to the understanding, that if they don't give a shit,why should I ?and start coaching with crouse control...which what Denizili was doing at the end.
        Ghotbi, is doing well....considering the circumstances !!..............and he will become the league champ !, but with less than 100% effort.
        I think the only way to get Ghotbi back to his 100%,and beyond....is to give him the TM job......with the way the TM coach hunting is going, there is good possibility, we will end up with some one, less qualified,and less motivated than Ghotbi !!

Comment

Why not? Do we have any better option? TC are flirting with eachother instead of making a decision. It's hard to expect any top-class coach to come in Iran especially at this group stage.

It'd be better with Ghotbi rather than a 3rd/4th rate european coach.

Comment

Working...
          X