No announcement yet.

IFF election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ali Abadi is a shoe in and the whole election thing is a dog and pony show to satisfy FIFA. Atleast that murderer Ajerlou won't get eleceted.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

Guess we didnt think about a postponement !? According to Safi Farahani the
      election will be now held on Dec 6 (15th of Azar). This is due to lack
      of candidates as well as 12 candidates withdrawing their applications.

Although now some will complain about TM lack of managment, Mr.Farahani
      must act like a real transition IFF head and make important decisions. The
      selection of a coach can not be delayed indefinitely.

Comment

To make the election as trouble free and valid as possible:

Each IFF president candidate should post in a public forum some minimum
        information about himself to include:

1-The candidates qualifications for the IFF president job
        2-The candidates accomplishments
        3-The candidates assessment of Irans football (both domestically as well
        as internationally).
        4- What are the Challenges ahead?
        5-The candidates vision and plans: Short term goals, long term goals for IFF.
        6-The candidates financial plans for IFF.

These are a few minimum issues that each candidate must answer.

Once again we saw the disaster that is caused by one individual trying to
        do too many things: GN -- EsES and TM. Now AliAbadi trying the same.

Hopefully in the time that remains, we can push for an open, transparent
        process that leads to a well qualified IFF president. We had to cancel the
        request for a game with Qatar, every day that goes by we lose valuable time.
        To make this delay at least worthwhile, the process must be made
        as meaningful as possible.

Comment

It seems the whole elections has come down to competition between two factions of IRI Ghaleebaf (Tehrans' mayor and his gane Kashani , Ajrelou) and Aliabdi gang which is supported by the Ahamdi nejad. I have not much hopes from any of these bastards.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

To the contrary Ali Jan, these are golden opportunities for us to press
            with demands that will be best for our Football, by using the strife between
            the two factions.

We can always say, a candidate who will state his views (say on a list
            I provided with other additions or subtraction) will get the support of a
            segment of football community. Interestingly enough, and I have conducted
            a few polls here and know, on most issues there is a unanimity among fans
            which I find incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
              To the contrary Ali Jan, these are golden opportunities for us to press
              with demands that will be best for our Football, by using the strife between
              the two factions.
              We can always say, a candidate who will state his views (say on a list
              I provided with other additions or subtraction) will get the support of a
              segment of football community. Interestingly enough, and I have conducted
              a few polls here and know, on most issues there is a unanimity among fans
              which I find incredible.
              Well I think u forget that both of these factions are as bad. It isn't a selection between Khatami and Nateghnoori or even Rafsanjani vs. Ahmadi Nezhad. It if Ahamadi Nezhad vs. another Ahmadi Nezhad type faction.

No candidate is going to come and say I am here to destroy the football, they all claim big stuff, the issue is they have the know how and vision to make that happen.

Once on Tv I was watching either an IPL game and Mr. Monajati was the guest as an expret. You should see the way he was reacting to the game events, he keep callign Ya Abalfazl, you could hear him, because microphone was on I guess. Now imagine this guy was our U20 coach for a while. With people like him in charge, only miracles can happen, but long term progress is out of question.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                It if Ahamadi Nezhad vs. another Ahmadi Nezhad type faction.
                true
                a real kheyme-shab-bazi

Comment

Well I think u forget that both of these factions are as bad. It isn't a selection between Khatami and Nateghnoori or even Rafsanjani vs. Ahmadi Nezhad. It if Ahamadi Nezhad vs. another Ahmadi Nezhad type faction.
                  No candidate is going to come and say I am here to destroy the football, they all claim big stuff, the issue is they have the know how and vision to make that happen.
                  Once on Tv I was watching either an IPL game and Mr. Monajati was the guest as an expret. You should see the way he was reacting to the game events, he keep callign Ya Abalfazl, you could hear him, because microphone was on I guess. Now imagine this guy was our U20 coach for a while. With people like him in charge, only miracles can happen, but long term progress is out of question.
                  So how do you explain Qhotbis presence in Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
                    So how do you explain Qhotbis presence in Iran?

I don't think both of these factions are conspiring to destroy our football. In their own ways and mentality they want to serve our football. But what they either don't or fail to undrestand is the fact the an overall set of frame work of policies needed to be in place in order for something to happen whic its corner stone is strengthening the clubs (TV rights, advertisements at the field, or enforcing the copy rights law, so clubs can get money for the merchendising, low interest or grants to clubs to make their own stadium, stable management,etc.). They only see the football issue as X goes and Y come. See Sepahan for example, they have the revenue and Saket has been in charge at least for like 4-5 years. Compare that with EsEs and PP. So again it is not like AliAbadi or Ajerlou are sworn enemies that want to destroy our football and they have that in their list of goals. But their Hezboolahi ways (see Maylei Kohan as an example of these type of people), will destroy their naive good will.

These people (both factions) that are from different factions of Sepah Pasdaran, actually have no problem with brining the so called experts to Iran, as long as those experts wont' cross a red line.
                    In Ghotbi's case it was a mutual thing for both, these Hezbollahi's needed someone who is much mor familiar with the modern football and Ghotbi on the other hand needed a place to be the head coach. He wouldn't have got that in other places.

As a matter of fact both these factions as far as they can are trying to bring Iranian or Iranian origin technocrats and if not available Muslim technocrats and if not available non-muslim. That is the same bias that allowed Denizli to find a foothole in Iran.

Bottom line, both of these factions have no problem to bring an expert and help them. These people for their own benefits if they have to, they will go to bed with Satan. So Ghotbi for them (as long as Ghotbi won't cross the red line), was a good choice. Ghotbi needed the opportunity to be the head-coach (not analyst or just coach) a big name team too (good for his soccer resume), so to me that is the story of Ghotbi in Iran.

sigpic

Comment

Those who have traveled to Iran recently,and been associated with what is realy going on in Iran...know, that to sum up the situation of any management level,football included,in Iran.........they all say, " KAR DASTE NAADDAAN AST "".................it is simplification, But it is so true !!

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you say, but trust me on this one, there are many more factions in Iran than the two you named. That's why in a national topic like Football, the overall well being will take precedent over any one particular groups plan. Provided there is a clear path shown to them. That is why already there is an agreement that next TM coach will not be Iranian.

And that is why some of the other programs which coincidentally need long term planning have been successful (basketball and volleyball to name two). I think last election was called off exactly because Ali-Abadi was the only candidate and it was obvious IFF will get suspended if he is elected.

All I am saying is, rather than just saying this is between factions etc, we as fans have to route and campaign for the candidate we think can best do the job. As it stands, many just say there is no hope, (like they have been saying since I can remember) instead of making proposal, and in essence we make the battle between their candidates, with no alternative.

Comment

ali jan, I dont think you shd read too much into ppl saying "ya abalfazl" or stuff like that.

our ppl are traditionally religious and such phrases come to them naturally with not much religious zeal or intonation.
                          we all know when a guy wants to lift something and says "ya ali" doesnt actually think : "for me to lift this weight, my strength is not enough and therefore I have to take a helping hand from some paranormal source and since ali was this and that, so he shd have the strength and inclination to help me and ..... " !!!! does he, now ?
                          such things come naturally to most Iranians.
                          so dont read too much into it.

and monajati was actually the coach that WAS successful and did qualify for the youth WC with his team, that DID play good football (within Iranian standards and even asian ones ) . trust me, I was in shiroodi stadium and watched them play .

Comment

Who is shahrokh Shahnazi ??,Does any one know his back ground here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              ali jan, I dont think you shd read too much into ppl saying "ya abalfazl" or stuff like that.

our ppl are traditionally religious and such phrases come to them naturally with not much religious zeal or intonation.
                              we all know when a guy wants to lift something and says "ya ali" doesnt actually think : "for me to lift this weight, my strength is not enough and therefore I have to take a helping hand from some paranormal source and since ali was this and that, so he shd have the strength and inclination to help me and ..... " !!!! does he, now ?
                              such things come naturally to most Iranians.
                              so dont read too much into it.

and monajati was actually the coach that WAS successful and did qualify for the youth WC with his team, that DID play good football (within Iranian standards and even asian ones ) . trust me, I was in shiroodi stadium and watched them play .
                              I think I didn't explain myself well or didn't write it well. I have no problem with Ya Abolfazel or ya Bush or Ya Lenin or whatever. When I see a former youth coach as an alayzer gets so emotional watching another game that he isn't the coach, god forbid if he has to make real time changes on his own team during the game.

Team under him (Monajati) did qualify, but I at least don't know how much of that success was due to him.

Again, I don't want to single out Monajati, he is just a victim like mnay other Iranians of the system. We have very few Iranians like Farahani who undrestands long term planning and being somewhat logical. These are the type of poeple we need to come to power. I support Kashani for example despite being a hezboolahi and from the Ghaleebaaf gang. Because I think he and Bayadi understand long term planning and are good executioners. These are type of attributes we need in our organization leaders.

sigpic

Comment

I think I didn't explain myself well or didn't write it well. I have no problem with Ya Abolfazel or ya Bush or Ya Lenin or whatever. When I see a former youth coach as an alayzer gets so emotional watching another game that he isn't the coach, god forbid if he has to make real time changes on his own team during the game.
                                Team under him (Monajati) did qualify, but I at least don't know how much of that success was due to him.
                                Again, I don't want to single out Monajati, he is just a victim like mnay other Iranians of the system. We have very few Iranians like Farahani who undrestands long term planning and being somewhat logical. These are the type of poeple we need to come to power. I support Kashani for example despite being a hezboolahi and from the Ghaleebaaf gang. Because I think he and Bayadi understand long term planning and are good executioners. These are type of attributes we need in our organization leaders.
                                I agree with you Ali Jan but with the party bazi politics going on behind the scenes im afraid that we are going to end up in the same old perdicament. Ye Gav for IFF pres and Ye Olag for TM HC.

We need people like Farhani who actually understand the concept continuity, long term planning and goals to run our football. You stated that Kashani would be a good planner... agreed but then again Kashani is nothing more than a front man he will do what his master tells him and as long as his pockets are getting fatter hes the type of guy who could care less about the state of TM.

I hope and pray that we get a competent leader for both IFF & TM but im not holding my breath, these elections have been postponed like 3 times, there is/has clearly been IR interference and its only a matter of time before FIFA pulls the plug on this whole fiasco.

Short term goal : figure out this mess ASAP before fifa flips their lid again.
                                Long term goal: Get competent individuals in there so we can see progress instead of this steady regression in our football.

Comment

Working...
                                X