IFF election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
    I agree with you Ali Jan but with the party bazi politics going on behind the scenes im afraid that we are going to end up in the same old perdicament. Ye Gav for IFF pres and Ye Olag for TM HC.
    We need people like Farhani who actually understand the concept continuity, long term planning and goals to run our football. You stated that Kashani would be a good planner... agreed but then again Kashani is nothing more than a front man he will do what his master tells him and as long as his pockets are getting fatter hes the type of guy who could care less about the state of TM.
    I hope and pray that we get a competent leader for both IFF & TM but im not holding my breath, these elections have been postponed like 3 times, there is/has clearly been IR interference and its only a matter of time before FIFA pulls the plug on this whole fiasco.
    Short term goal : figure out this mess ASAP before fifa flips their lid again.
    Long term goal: Get competent individuals in there so we can see progress instead of this steady regression in our football.
    Dada,

I think you forget one thing. These folks in order to shine their so called Islamic Revolution or at least stay in power longer need to produce results too. So It is in their inherent interest to get results. The same way that they did in Basketball, Volleyball, Weightlifting or to some level in Wrestling and martial arts.
    So I dont' think Aliabadi comes to work and thinks to himself, how can I screw up the Iranian football? He in his own mind and way, is trying to improve!!! things. But what he fails to undrestand (well it is a lot and I don't want to write Masnavi here, just to enumerate privatising the clubs, tv rights, low interest or grants to clubs to build infrastrucutre (stadiums)....). He instead focuses on things that aren't essential If certian player hair is too long or the team melli player sneaks out of the camp and goes pick up the chics or play backgamon, ..... .

Points is these guys in their own screwed up way want to improve things, they just dont' undrestand the problem and its roots. Someone like Farahani and Kashani and Bayadi, Saket (from Sephan), despite being Hezboolahi and Maktabi, are more intelligent and better managers. Compare Kashani to Fattollahzadeh in SS!!! (you know I am a SS fan and I wish SS had a manger like Kashani).
    Maybe I am navie, but I think these guys want (for their own regime benefit) to improve things, it is just they don't have the know how. So like Monajati in my earlier post get all emotional and at the end nothing comes out of it.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
      Dada,
      I think you forget one thing. These folks in order to shine their so called Islamic Revolution or at least stay in power longer need to produce results too. So It is in their inherent interest to get results. The same way that they did in Basketball, Volleyball, Weightlifting or to some level in Wrestling and martial arts.
      So I dont' think Aliabadi comes to work and thinks to himself, how can I screw up the Iranian football? He in his own mind and way, is trying to improve!!! things. But what he fails to undrestand (well it is a lot and I don't want to write Masnavi here, just to enumerate privatising the clubs, tv rights, low interest or grants to clubs to build infrastrucutre (stadiums)....). He instead focuses on things that aren't essential If certian player hair is too long or the team melli player sneaks out of the camp and goes pick up the chics or play backgamon, ..... .
      Points is these guys in their own screwed up way want to improve things, they just dont' undrestand the problem and its roots. Someone like Farahani and Kashani and Bayadi, Saket (from Sephan), despite being Hezboolahi and Maktabi, are more intelligent and better managers. Compare Kashani to Fattollahzadeh in SS!!! (you know I am a SS fan and I wish SS had a manger like Kashani).
      Maybe I am navie, but I think these guys want (for their own regime benefit) to improve things, it is just they don't have the know how. So like Monajati in my earlier post get all emotional and at the end nothing comes out of it.
      Points well taken dadash. I agree with the fact that IR in their own benefit want to succeed @ sports. ( much like the soviet union who tried to show strength and domination through successful sports programs via olympics).

I think that it 50% incompetence on the park of Ali Abadi & co and 50% pure corruption. It doesnt weaken the regime to privatize sports clubs, it doesnt hurt IR to build bigger stadiums and invest more in sports. It would do nothing but benefit their Nationalistic ideals which they push upon the general public ( not persian nationalism but IR nationalism) to succeed and win football tournaments. But when your getting rich sitting on your butt skimming cream of the top there is no motivation for improvement.

I mean if you and i, two football fans can see what steps need to be taken for our immense pool talent to materialize into tournament championships what does it take for the head of IFF to realize this? I dont think they are naive, i simply blame it on lack of motivation. If they feel threatened by improvements in infastructure or feel that improvements may jeopardize their profit margin they wont act, they will not improve and they will not comply.

This is evident in IR, from the upper echelon of gov down to the lowly garbage collector, everyone is looking for a leg up and once they get it they wont risk losing it. That is the sign of a truly corrupt society, and unless things change nothing will happen nto benefit our football. Dont forget that they removed the best thing that had happened in our football and replaced him with ali abadi who reverted all the plans which were set in motion for privatization.

Comment

Since there are conflicting reports on this, here is the latest and perhaps
        most authorative news on this: (as a quick summary)

http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...1044139&Lang=P

According to Safai Farahani, and as we have been saying all along,
        -Ali-Abadi The head of sports Admin can not be head of IFF
        -There is no discussion about suspension of IFF on the table
        -AFC reps will come and meet with Transition committee (and I think also
        aliabadi) to get any "misunderstanding" resolved. (So obviously Ali-Abadi
        is still not getting it)
        -After this meeting, the election will take place. (Less Ali-Abadi)
        ================================================== ======

The sooner Mr.Ali-Abadi understands that he can not and must not be head
        of IFF, the sooner Iranian Football can start (before it is too late) for its
        planning for WC.

Comment

Go figure:
          According to Safi Farahni, the meeting between FIFA/AFC and
          IFF transition comittee and Sports Administration was over SA
          confustion about the rules They had a 6 hour meeting, and
          SA will tell FIFA its opinion:
          http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...1046573&Lang=P
          According to Quemars Hashemi, AFC had no issue and noone from SA
          will contact them, but IFF transition comittee must contact them and
          say if they have any issues.
          (He says they had 4 hour meeting)
          http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...1047097&Lang=P
          The only thing that is for certain, is that not even a date for election of
          IFF head was chosen. Only that FIFA will not suspend IFF, if the head is
          not elected by the end of 2007

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
            Go figure:
            According to Safi Farahni, the meeting between FIFA/AFC and
            IFF transition comittee and Sports Administration was over SA
            confustion about the rules They had a 6 hour meeting, and
            SA will tell FIFA its opinion:
            http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...1046573&Lang=P
            According to Quemars Hashemi, AFC had no issue and noone from SA
            will contact them, but IFF transition comittee must contact them and
            say if they have any issues.
            (He says they had 4 hour meeting)
            http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...1047097&Lang=P
            The only thing that is for certain, is that not even a date for election of
            IFF head was chosen. Only that FIFA will not suspend IFF, if the head is
            not elected by the end of 2007
            Dadash;

To me it seems it is all about political infighting. In Iranian papers there are rumors that SF and Bin Hamam are partners in an international company as well. So SF has the ears of the Bin Hamam and he knows he got AliAbadi and company by the balls (due to FIFA potential banning). So all of this is a power struggle and I am afraid, if AliAbadi doesn't back off, SF and company are ready to push this all the way to potential Iran's ban by FIFA.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

Dadash;
              To me it seems it is all about political infighting. In Iranian papers there are rumors that SF and Bin Hamam are partners in an international company as well. So SF has the ears of the Bin Hamam and he knows he got AliAbadi and company by the balls (due to FIFA potential banning). So all of this is a power struggle and I am afraid, if AliAbadi doesn't back off, SF and company are ready to push this all the way to potential Iran's ban by FIFA.
              Here,there are 2points of view: one that says because AliAbadi is a powerful guy let himbe the president. The other says lets have an election, where at least the candidates arent already holding a position which may be in direct
              conflict with their new one.

You are dismissing both as hagglers. To me SF position is principled. But
              you are giving a "rumor" as a proof that SF has other motives.

So let me ask this: Do you think there is any value in having a process and
              trying to stick by it, or it should always be the law of jungle? If the former,
              how would you try to show AliAbadi that he can not be the head of SA and
              IFF at the same time?

Comment

Here,there are 2points of view: one that says because AliAbadi is a powerful guy let himbe the president. The other says lets have an election, where at least the candidates arent already holding a position which may be in direct
                conflict with their new one.
                You are dismissing both as hagglers. To me SF position is principled. But
                you are giving a "rumor" as a proof that SF has other motives.
                So let me ask this: Do you think there is any value in having a process and
                trying to stick by it, or it should always be the law of jungle? If the former,
                how would you try to show AliAbadi that he can not be the head of SA and
                IFF at the same time?

I think there is a huge value in having a process in place and follow it. There is a process in place and they say people can come and nominate themselves for election. However it is a reality that Government in Iran or for that matter anywhere else in teh world is powerful. So Government backed Candidate has a much better chance of winning.

To be honest, I dont' think SF is a principaled man. He is using his connections with FIFA to take care of old issues with other factions. Look how many times SF changed what he said. First he said, FIFA accepted the Charter, now he says no they didn't. Secondly after the recent trip to see Bin Hamaam, he comes back and says PEO (Physical Education Organiztion) has to respond to FIFA and AFC. Since when PEO dealt with FIFA. FIFA and PEO formed the Transition committee headed by SF himself. So now why he again tries to put FIFA talking to PEO. His mere presense in the transition committe is jstu for that purpose (to interface FIFA). But after the meeting he sits aside and try to put FIFA against PEO.

I hate all of these hezbollahis from SF to Ali Abadi. But what I am seeing, is there are some of these hezbollhais that are ready to get things done (Aliabadi, Kashani, Bayadi, Ansarifard). Do you know how many new sport complexes are being built under the AliAbadi leadership now? Look at PP under Kashani Bayadi. Many other hezbollhis like Safai Farahani and Maylei Kohan are good people but aren't getting the job done. They define themselves more with what are they are against (AliAbadi, X, Y), rather than what they are for.

Safai Farahani was the IFF head around 1998. Didn't they fire Ivitch from the head coach of TM due to a 7-1 loss to Roma? So how come when SF was at the top of IFF, didn't put a pro league in place? why did he resign?

No doubt, SF is a good man, dont' get me wrong, but he doesn't seem to be a good manager. These are two different thigns.

sigpic

Comment

I think there is a huge value in having a process in place and follow it. There is a process in place and they say people can come and nominate themselves for election. However it is a reality that Government in Iran or for that matter anywhere else in teh world is powerful. So Government backed Candidate has a much better chance of winning.
                  To be honest, I dont' think SF is a principaled man. He is using his connections with FIFA to take care of old issues with other factions. Look how many times SF changed what he said. First he said, FIFA accepted the Charter, now he says no they didn't. Secondly after the recent trip to see Bin Hamaam, he comes back and says PEO (Physical Education Organiztion) has to respond to FIFA and AFC. Since when PEO dealt with FIFA. FIFA and PEO formed the Transition committee headed by SF himself. So now why he again tries to put FIFA talking to PEO. His mere presense in the transition committe is jstu for that purpose (to interface FIFA). But after the meeting he sits aside and try to put FIFA against PEO.
                  I hate all of these hezbollahis from SF to Ali Abadi. But what I am seeing, is there are some of these hezbollhais that are ready to get things done (Aliabadi, Kashani, Bayadi, Ansarifard). Do you know how many new sport complexes are being built under the AliAbadi leadership now? Look at PP under Kashani Bayadi. Many other hezbollhis like Safai Farahani and Maylei Kohan are good people but aren't getting the job done. They define themselves more with what are they are against (AliAbadi, X, Y), rather than what they are for.
                  Safai Farahani was the IFF head around 1998. Didn't they fire Ivitch from the head coach of TM due to a 7-1 loss to Roma? So how come when SF was at the top of IFF, didn't put a pro league in place? why did he resign?
                  No doubt, SF is a good man, dont' get me wrong, but he doesn't seem to be a good manager. These are two different thigns.
                  I am not sure how many of those stadiums was started during Aliabadi's reign. I think many of them were initiated by Mehralizadeh, and Aliabadi was lucky enough to be around and take credit.
                  As for the As Roma loss, most people know that whole match was a conspiracy started by some players with guidance and orders from some high up people in the government who wanted an Iranian coach in WC 98, especially against the USA. Zolfagharnasab was part of the staff then and thought he would be the one coaching the team, but instead they gave the job to Talebi.

The pro league is the work of Farahani though, although they were forced to do it by IFF. Pro league started in 2001 and Farahani and IFF had been planning for it at least since 99.

Comment

In addition to Nokhodis point, once again I must reiterate at least my main objection to AliAbadis candidacy:

But that's not why I questioned AliAbadis candidacy as you can see in my very first post and consitantly in this thread.. AliAbadi is already head of SA (PEO). This is something you are just ignoring or perhaps think it makes him more powerful. Tomorrow, if the mens olympic team which is under SA needs a resource (players, coach or otherwise) which may be also needed by TM, the person at the very top of these orgainzations have to resolve the dispute, which interest will they protect? (players allocation is a very real issue and also facilities, scheduling etc).

Originally posted by Ali Agha
                    To be honest, I dont' think SF is a principaled man. He is using his connections with FIFA to take care of old issues with other factions.........
                    I dont know why you have to make this personal (SF vs AliAbadi), when I specifically said: SFs position is principled, not SF himself. And also, again in my first thread, I said AliAbadi must resign from his SA job and then run for this job. Having read your other posts, I am sure you are sophisticated enough to appreciate the difference between having a principled position vs being a principled individual (I simply dont know enough about SF or AA to make that type of personal statement about them individually, but their positions in this matter is an easy call). BTW, if you look at the result of a poll I took:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=53169

Not a single individual (and I am sure you agree such unanimity in PFDC, or Iranian community is rare ) said SF is doing a deservice. I dont interpret this to mean he is a good guy in general but that in this case he is standing for what is best for IFF and people understand that.

Comment

In addition to Nokhodis point, once again I must reiterate at least my main objection to AliAbadis candidacy:

But that's not why I questioned AliAbadis candidacy as you can see in my very first post and consitantly in this thread.. AliAbadi is already head of SA (PEO). This is something you are just ignoring or perhaps think it makes him more powerful. Tomorrow, if the mens olympic team which is under SA needs a resource (players, coach or otherwise) which may be also needed by TM, the person at the very top of these orgainzations have to resolve the dispute, which interest will they protect? (players allocation is a very real issue and also facilities, scheduling etc).

I dont know why you have to make this personal (SF vs AliAbadi), when I specifically said: SFs position is principled, not SF himself. And also, again in my first thread, I said AliAbadi must resign from his SA job and then run for this job. Having read your other posts, I am sure you are sophisticated enough to appreciate the difference between having a principled position vs being a principled individual (I simply dont know enough about SF or AA to make that type of personal statement about them individually, but their positions in this matter is an easy call). BTW, if you look at the result of a poll I took:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=53169

Not a single individual (and I am sure you agree such unanimity in PFDC, or Iranian community is rare ) said SF is doing a deservice. I dont interpret this to mean he is a good guy in general but that in this case he is standing for what is best for IFF and people understand that.
                      Dada, I have been wrong before, and can be wrong this time. But I think this is a power struggle between two factiosn (represented by Aliabadi vs. SF). But you see there is a differece between the good people and good managers who get things done. SF maybe a good person, but look at the results of his work. Iran federation is supposed to write a charter and submit to FIFA and get the election going. SF and the whole transition comittee since last year were supposed to do this. did they do it? U say it is Aliabdai and company who prevent him. But SF has the FIFA and AFC club. If he is a get the job done type of guy, he will use AFC and FIFA pressure to get this thing done.

As for the poll and every one thinks SF is the good side, dadash, I remember the days that in Tehran Shah was the shadow of the god. People attacked the house of a poor Gilani woman whose brother was a member of Fadayian organiztion and was killed in fighting savak. Mind you she wasn't into politics, her brother was.

Then Khomeini came and people stood from Azadi Square to Behest Zahra and Islamic Repulbic was established by 99.5% of the vote. So we Iranians have a bad track record to make hero out of people who we think are heros. I don't want to remind you about Daie and Karimi and Soltan Parvin Kapello Hejazi, Emperror Ghotib, Shahryar Daei, etc. etc. We Iranians don't have a good track record when it comes to making hero out of people who aren't a real ones.

Again I reiterat SF is a good person, but as a manager he has no track record. For your information Pro league was establised during Dadkan and SF had nothing to do with it.

During SF and all his planning and etc, Ivitch was kicked out after a bad loss to Roma. This is level of his long term planning. I have nothing against SF and I think he is much better person to have as a friend. But as a manger SF track record is nil. He loves to be in the papers, interviews left and right. But track record not much to show. Look at Aliabadi though, do you see him all over the papers? He uses his Mafia or whatever to get the stadiums built. After the sad story of our Wrestling, he brough Yazdani Khorram to wrestling federation. Iran has a plan for getting 3rd or 4th in Asian games. There is a plan to have 1 square meter of sporting facility per Iranian. This guy is Maktabi, hezboollahi, Mafia whatever, but get thing done. I am not stupid and don't think Aliabadi is a saint. But the game SF is playing to stand up to aliabdi and co is a dnagerous game. No federation I think took more than a year to write a charter and hold election.

Again look at the IFF charter and work of the transition committee, if you want to see SF in action. I know this post will create a lot of angry replies because to many SF is the good guy and Aliabdi is the bad guy. But we are not talking about personalities here, we are talkling about someone's performance.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry Ali Agha,

Very simple question: Should AliAbadi be head of IFF while he is also head of SA? Yes or No?

As far as Iranian people swing, I think the fans here constitute a wide range of opinion. The number 0 has a significance that you are simply overlooking.
                        I will update that thread to get a bigger number of respondant, in light of the fact that Doctor Doom stated a early Jan deadline for TM roster.

Comment

I have a question.
                          Now, I havent gone thru' the whole thread but from what little I know Fifa had a few issues with IFF's laws and wanted them amended.
                          fine.
                          and from what I have read, these issues are more or less done with.

now, my Q is while the T.C. is attending to the correction and re-writing of these laws, the election for the head of IFF can take place and was almost attempted a few weeks back.

my Q is how difficult is it for the election committee to oversee a handful of registration for IFF head election?
                          I wouldnt be very far from the truth to expect a set of ppl come, register their names for the election as nominees.
                          ok, some farts like aliabadi are judged ineligible.
                          you set a table with some names.
                          elections are held .
                          and voila! IFF has a head who has to follow the laws and rules set in.
                          and if some issues are remaining, he will oversee their conclusion.

why is this simple matter of gathering nominees and electing a fart out of all the colorful farts so difficult that keeps getting postponed?

it shd NOT get tangled with the rewriting of the rules and laws.
                          it shd be dealt as a separate issue.

I dont think fifa has said, first finish one task of re-writing and amending ur laws, then appoint the head.
                          it can be done simultaneously.
                          in any way the new head of IFF HAS TO follow the same rules .

I just cant understand the delays and postponement of elections.
                          either x is elligible or is not.
                          same for Y and Z and A and ... .
                          now u have a set of candidates to conduct the bloody elections.
                          easy.

Comment

DD Jan,

My understanding of current hold up is that it has nothing to do with the
                            rewrite of the law, but mostly revolves around the person of AA being the
                            head of IFF. (the rewrite was satsifactory). Unfortunately, when you read
                            most of the communication betewen
                            these people, they are so vague (on purpose) that it is hard to understand
                            what the real contentions are. It seems to me when it comes to IRI policies,
                            every one is considered "Khodie" (insider) including the American, Russians, Chinese, Brits etc, except for the people of Iran, if you know what I mean.

Comment

well, if we pause and see who rules us, we'd know ambiguity and vagueness is the prime characteristic that stands out.

apparently, according to a source who has studied with mullahs, in their howzeh's they are taught how to prove issue X and then the next day disprove the same. but none of it through logic. all ambiguity and nonesensical verbal diarrhea that leads to more confusion !

so we shdnt be surprised to be confronted with such drivel and confusion.

but my point is they know they cant force AA into it, no matter how they squirm or wriggle. why waste time?
                              what are they gaining in all this?
                              I just cant put my finger on it !

Comment

Sorry Ali Agha,
                                Very simple question: Should AliAbadi be head of IFF while he is also head of SA? Yes or No?
                                As far as Iranian people swing, I think the fans here constitute a wide range of opinion. The number 0 has a significance that you are simply overlooking.
                                I will update that thread to get a bigger number of respondant, in light of the fact that Doctor Doom stated a early Jan deadline for TM roster.
                                I hope not. But to be hoenst to me teh whole head of IFF isn't the biggest issue for out football and if due to this stupid issue our football might get ban again or IFF loose more prestige day in and out, I dont' care if Haveej is the head. Reality is in Iran, these guys are in power and in the bigger scheme of things, it won't matter much.

SF during his reign over IFF didnt' make a miracle as far as I remember either. So it is not liek the choice is between good and bad. The choice is between bad adn worst. So let whatever koreh khar who will be the head will be.

And as far as results, I think aliabdi's results as the head of a organisation is better than SF when he was the head of IFF. Plus again, SF performance in the whole FIFA transition comittee is really poor.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X