TM coaching selection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faraz View Post
    It's an absolute disgrace that we're even discussing this with so little time left until our first game.
    Although I hate to say it, there is no way a foreign coach is feasible at this point in my opinion. We need a coach who does not need the "get to know the players/our football" stage.
    We need someone who has been involved in our football and capable of choosing a couple of names for TM that deserve to be there - that's about it at this stage.
    The time for "planning tactics" and all of that nonsense is B.S as far as i'm concerned. We have one friendly if I'm not mistaken?
    Embarassing...

Agree with so little time left !!!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

1- an "interim" option will NOT happen.
      no coach will accept such a position. unless he's a saint.
      we dont have saints coaching in Iran , do we?
      anyone who comes in, wants a slice of glory. and will not accept to be removed at the first sign of another rival.

technically, also, it's not possible.
      team philosophy, selection, ... will be affected by X when the games and qualifiers are to be under Y's. what if ( and it happens a lot ) Y cant deal with the selection or attitude set in already by X or .... ?

all we can hope for is appointment of the assistant coach ( who will be forced down the head coach's throat , as illogical as it seems ) who starts the selection of 50 players. gets the team going while the head coach is searched.

mind you. I dont mind Daei being selected as assistant coach.
      his position in saipa is in danger. and he does have int'l experience enough for an assistant coach.
      the only problem is having guys like kia, karimi, VH under him.

-----------------

as for the TEAM itself.
      apart from 3-4 players who have played together for a long time ( kia, vh, karimi, nekounam and perhaps kaabi ), we'll have either brand new debutants or comparatively recent additions.

my point is the team has to be built anew.

fresh start. fresh team. from the ground up.
      new coach, new players and debutants means a whole BRAND NEW TEAM
      discard the old philosophy. the old system. the old formation.
      we'll have a NEW TM unseen by everyone.

it's both exciting and confounding simultaneously.

Comment

the best Option right now would be to hire a coach who has been working in Iran like Luka , or an Iranian coach like Karimi or.. , that in my opinion would have been our best bet..

but this mess is just too messy to figure out... the way it's going, it might be QN again..

Comment

Originally posted by BehzadB View Post
          the best Option right now would be to hire a coach who has been working Iran like Luka , or an Iranian coach like Karimi or , in my opinion would have been our best bets..
          but this mess is just too messy to figure out... the way it's going, it might be QN again..

I guess, it is risky to say this, but I agree with you. I guess now I need to expect another jackass will go and print a whole set of fohsh and non-sense about both of us again in another web site.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
          Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
          Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
            I guess, it is risky to say this, but I agree with you. I guess now I need to expect another jackass will go and print a whole set of fohsh and non-sense about both of us again in another web site.
            ???
            what's this about?
            fill me in , plz.

===================

anyway, as I said, we gotta start a TM anew. it doesnt get more fresh and new as our forwards line.

beside VH , who isnt getting any younger or agile or incisive, we have a whole new crop of players who show the potential but havent been tested at TM.

no. I'm not talking about wasted talents like oladi or borhani. I'm talking about the likes of mir-ghorbani, meydavoodi, amraei, khalili, ... .

these guys havent played together and I'm afraid if the team is not made and players not put through training sessions together, our forward line will be the most suspect line we'd have. and that spells trouble!
            even if we bring in guys like kazemian and VH into the picture, I dont see any coordination or pairing up!
            we may not "desperately" need a well-oiled perfect forward line for the first round of qualifiers. but we definitely will need them for the second stage. and this time that is wasting is very troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              3- I'm afraid, given the situation & time wasted and time left, even if we get Cappelo or Lippi, we'd be doing worse than if we hired someone who knows our football.
              seriously. I really mean it.

Completely agree ....that is why a man such as Bonacic is so valuable....great knowledge of football in Iran , a man known for his sense of adventure ( unlike our good old Branko) , has an eye for talented players and most importantly an outspoken character who is never afraid of confrontation.

It all depends if HE wants the job though.

sigpic

Comment

I can only see Ghotbi as a real alternative on the domestic level(Bonacic has expressed that he is not interested).
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                  Completely agree ....that is why a man such as Bonacic is so valuable....great knowledge of football in Iran , a man known for his sense of adventure ( unlike our good old Branko) , has an eye for talented players and most importantly an outspoken character who is never afraid of confrontation.

It all depends if HE wants the job though.
                  True in this situation 2month and 2 days to our first game against Syria in Tehrna nd less than 1 month and 2 days to send the list to AFC, he is our best shot.
                  "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I think it is safe to say he does want the job. at least he'd be tempted.
                    the question is will sepahan let him go in case IFF asks for him?

I think he'd be a very good choice.
                    although I still think we can get things done without hurting sepahan. just get denizli. he'd know about our football just as much.
                    and he's free.

--------------

I just finished reading majid jan's very nice piece of shojaei. and I must say even if we think karimi is good and may be back to his old days !!! we still have to make space for the younger generation as the WC games 2010 are just under 3 years and I somehow doubt the likes of VH or karimi or even kia could play a MAJOR role in TM by then.

so we shdnt wait till it's too late and we have to scramble to find suitable substitutes and alternatives to these guys.
                    we must BUILD the NEW team based on the younger generation like shojaei, kazemian, khalili, ... .

the experience of kia, karimi & VH can always be handy. but we must NOT overtly rely on them and make them "pillars" of TM.
                    so I'd like to see a lot of new faces in the new avatar of TM who get to start and given enough chances to find their place in the team.

guys like kazemian ( for kia perhaps ) or shojaei ( for karimi ) or khalili ( for VH ) or ... . as for the int'l experience, we still have plenty of it in nekunam, kaabi, even teymoorian and .. . and it is high time guys like mir-ghorbani, madanchi, hosseini, aghili, mohamadi, amraei, ... given their due in int'l games to gain it too.

Comment

you forget how the country run in Iran Payman jaan. All it needs to happen is government goes to some high level mullah and ask him to tell Saket that TM is more important or the so called Kiyane Islami is in danger or some crap like that and Saket will release Luca for TM.

After the revoloution whole bunch of Hezbollahi people from Isfahan totally took over the important post in IRI. At one point I think more than 90% of state governers (even in Baluchestan) were from Isfahan. So these guys (Hezbollahis from Isfahan) are well connected to each other. Don't forget lots of these guys are Anjoman Hojateeyeh followers.

sigpic

Comment

lol. "kiyane eslami" !!
                        LOL.
                        good one.

anyway, today I came across a piece of news in IV:
                        apparently luka may leave at the end of the season as some gulf clubs are after him.
                        I know. I know.
                        it is iranian media and they just love to stir up some trouble.
                        but it is not impossible to think arab clubs will be after successful coaches, especially if the coach is under-paid as in Iran.

Comment

Does all frinds here agree, that if there not going to be a top forign coach, we should be better-off with local one ?

Comment

it's sad, true. but now that we have waited this long and the fed is going thro a transfer, we can wait a few more weeks but make sure we get a decent coach and not another GN...true that we have a game in 45 days, but again this is a home game against syria and not a world cup match against Germany,,,not to say we don't need a coach or anything, but all I am saying, I rather wait and even maybe sacrifies two points, but instead have a coach in place that has the qualities to take us to wc and do some good in then next 4-5 years...an interim coach is a temporary fix and coaches like karimi or most other iranian coaches have such huge egos that as soon as they beat a low ranked team they will want to say and God knows that we will only have another GN on our hands...so let's wait a few more weeks,,,I'll say it is worth it, assuming we finally get an average foriegn coach! most of the names mentioned in the past month I think are good candidates btw.
                            sigpic
                            Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                              Does all frinds here agree, that if there not going to be a top forign coach, we should be better-off with local one ?
                              That will be my opinion.
                              Originally posted by The-Red View Post
                              it's sad, true. but now that we have waited this long and the fed is going thro a transfer, we can wait a few more weeks but make sure we get a decent coach and not another GN...true that we have a game in 45 days, but again this is a home game against syria and not a world cup match against Germany,,,not to say we don't need a coach or anything, but all I am saying, I rather wait and even maybe sacrifies two points, but instead have a coach in place that has the qualities to take us to wc and do some good in then next 4-5 years...an interim coach is a temporary fix and coaches like karimi or most other iranian coaches have such huge egos that as soon as they beat a low ranked team they will want to say and God knows that we will only have another GN on our hands...so let's wait a few more weeks,,,I'll say it is worth it, assuming we finally get an average foriegn coach! most of the names mentioned in the past month I think are good candidates btw.
                              While what you are saying is the best ideal situation. I don't think in the long run we find a good forigen coach who is ready to work in Iran where the Damoclees Sword is hanging over our head (FIFA Ban). And if anyone comes either it would be a miracle or he is a charlatan and try to just get the money and start making so much excuses until we fire him (Arie Haan all over). But I hope I am wrong and we can find a good coach.

At this time, If I had my way, I choose an intrim coach like Jalali or even Dr. Z and would tell him, he will be a coach when the foriegn guy comes. Also, I make sure that when teh perm foriegn guy comes this Iranian guy stays in his staff as a coach and learn from him and in the process the continuity will be preserved.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                                agree, there's no point in bringing a 3rd/4th degree foreign coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X