Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good will TM is going to be for WC Qualifying games ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Good will TM is going to be for WC Qualifying games ?

Rahman Rezaie is out.
    Ali daei is out.
    Golmohamadi is out.
    Mahdavikia,our MVP is getting too old and slow.
    Hashemian ,our single chance at scoreing goal is too old and slow.
    The Goalkeeper job,has not been resolved.
    The left back situation is not resolved.
    All other TM members whom were not too young to begin with, have gotten 4 years older.
    More than 18 players who play in Gulf nations lave lot step,since they were playing in Iran.
    Even some young prospect,have faded away to mediocrocy, such as Borhani,Oladi,etc.
    Our coaching staff is non-exitance as of today,same old,same old,and there is very little chance we will get some one good.
    The Arab nations progress in Football has been non-stop.
    The Australians have been added.
    How easy qualification is going to be ?

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
    Rahman Rezaie is out.
    Ali daei is out.
    Golmohamadi is out.
    All other TM members whom were not too young to begin with, have gotten 4 years older.
    More than 18 players who play in Gulf nations lave lot step,since they were playing in Iran.
    Even some young prospect,have faded away to mediocrocy, such as Borhani,Oladi,etc.
    Our coaching staff is non-exitance as of today,same old,same old,and there is very little chance we will get some one good.
    The first three items you mentioned are actually a good thing. The rest you are right. The way things are going with FIFA suspension rumor again, maybe we won't even get a chanece to play in WC qualifications after all.

What a bunch of idiots are ruling our football. I am really disappointed with Farahani. Rest of these guys are bunch of nuts cases, but I thought with Farahani and Khabiri in there, we have a chance. Apparently not.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

It's not going to be easy, as usual for us in recent years. Honestly, I don't know what exactly to expect. I just hope we invite new, young and highly motivated players and leave the unmotivated ones out, at least for a while until they get back some motivation.
      We needs hungry players who wanna make a name for and prove themselves.
      Ofcourse we need experience as well, but we have that in the likes of Nekounam (when he gets back) Nosrati, Niki, Kaabi and even Ando with international experience.
      The GK situation is pretty much the same, with contenders being different but I believe it isn't going to be that big of a problem at this stage yet.
      For the LB we have some players to test that might turn out to be good.
      HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
      you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

In my opinion , Iran has a nucleus of two solid A teams that can comfortably play against the rest of Asian opposition.

I would dare the coach to exclude Mahdavikia , Hashemian and Karimi from this team. These gentlemen have done enough for Team Melli and the time is appropriate for their replacement , otherwise we will have a repeat of Daei Saga....

Mahdavikia is a spent force , Hashemian is struggling for a first team appearance and Karimi is disspointing in a mediocre league...

sigpic

Comment

well, considering that the qualifiers are in 2 distinct levels, the first level ought to be ok for us, in spite of the present chaos in our football.

I mean based on our potential, talent and experience we ought to get past uae, kuwait & syria. In that I have no doubts.

But the final qualifiers are a different ball game.
          granted there is a chance that some heavy hitters will not get there ( group A teams and maybe a couple from japan's or korea's group ). But there will be enough teams to really stretch us.
          and if we get a bad draw and get grouped with more than 2 heavy teams, then we are in trouble.

I share everyone's dismay and disappointment in IFF and think they shd have decided on the coach far sooner. I fear the rather mediocre grouping we got made them feel safe to waste some more time on the appointment of the coach ! But they havent realized while the group isnt difficult, TIME still passes us and we lose quality time in coordinating and cohesion of a team capable of qualifying from the final round !

I predict one of those campaigns where we really sweat it out and fans come up with a few heart burns and indigestions ... before we finally qualify.
          Typical Iran. we just cant get anything done without the tension and stress ! we simply dont like to do things in a simple manner. we HAVE TO add some spice and stress to everything !!!

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post

I would dare the coach to exclude Mahdavikia , Hashemian and Karimi from this team. These gentlemen have done enough for Team Melli and the time is appropriate for their replacement , otherwise we will have a repeat of Daei Saga....

Mahdavikia is a spent force , Hashemian is struggling for a first team appearance and Karimi is disspointing in a mediocre league...
            I agree, and would add the likes of Mirzapour and Roudbarian.

We are not in that bad a shape especially when you consider Hosseini and the Sepahan duo who will be able to form a wall at the back capable of stopping the best asian teams. Mohammadi is a good goaltender who can step in for us right out of Sepahan. Kaebi could fill in the rw position, while Amraei is definately in a good position to start as a striker. We still have other players like Nouri, Nosrati, Khalili, Badamaki, who are also useful.

Altogether we should easily get passed the 3rd round, and if we can get any cohesion out of this group we should finish top two of any asian group, booking our ticket to the world cup.

Now IFF knows this so I'm sure they are doing their best to screw us.
            The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

I actually think our main problem will remain to be coaching and management in general. Looking at EPL, it appears that we have a new pool of talent that is growing very rapidly and frankly the retirement of some of the old names like Kia, Hashemian or even Karimi should not be considered as impedient to our ability to qualify.

I have seen good qualified players in all positions from goalkeeping to striker.

The only thing that can bring us down is the idots that are running our country and/or football federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                I actually think our main problem will remain to be coaching and management in general. Looking at EPL, it appears that we have a new pool of talent that is growing very rapidly and frankly the retirement of some of the old names like Kia, Hashemian or even Karimi should not be considered as impedient to our ability to qualify.
                I have seen good qualified players in all positions from goalkeeping to striker.
                The only thing that can bring us down is the idots that are running our country and/or football federation.
                I must agree. Even without that trio, we still have a formidable side.

GK: Mohammadi
                Right back: Kaebi(although no first team football means we may have to drop him)
                Centre backs: Nosrati, J Hosseini, Sheys Rezaei.
                Left back: Sadeghi, Ashtiani,
                DM: Nekounam, Ando.
                Left wing: Nikbakht, Madanchi.
                Right Wing: Kazemian
                CM/ AM: Shojaei, Jabbari, Navidkia.
                Forward: Amraei, Khalili.
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                  Rahman Rezaie is out.
                  Ali daei is out.
                  Golmohamadi is out.
                  I would like to see about 80% new players in TM for 2010 compared to 2006-2007. Those "established bunch" have had way too many opportunities and squandered just about every single one. What's there to lose with a new set of players??
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

we should be fine for the peliminary rounds

the next group stage will be tough

we have an abundance of raw talent though, which is enough to get us through the first stages

take andranik, mahdavikia, and hashemian, alongwith sheys, nouri, nosrati, jalal hosseini, mohammadi (gk) from sepahan, maybe khalili and niki as well as some starletts like kolhkaj,chatrabgoon and amraie for the experience on the bench and you have a team!

Comment

oh yeh we have all our arab league players too

though im not too keen on any of them

madanchi, oladi, kazemian, rajabzadeh, mobali, enayati (dont pick him), shojea, and karimi lets not forget

Comment

Working...
                      X