Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down the memory lane : Iran football in the seventies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
    You probably meant Rastakheeze Khoramshahr right? I think their star player was Beshkar.

Yes it was.. it was Majid Beshkar... there was Karim Beshkar as well.. his brother.. but Majid was just something else.. there was KhademPeer also.. the tall forward who scored a lot of goals for Rastakheez.. both of which were on TM list and If I am not mistaking, both were on the bench in Argentina, 1978..

I never forgave Mohajerani for not giving Beshkar a chance.. specially that we didn't have Rowshan...

I remember (though I was very young back then) people saying that Beshkar was selected to the world team when he was playing Omeed (or javanan) ... and that was a great achievement back then.. although I can't confirm that this happened , but I remember people talking about it... either way he was a super talent.. a super talent that went absolutely to waste.. and now, he could use even $2. that's right.. even 2000 toman

about Khodayaree, again, I remember (without confirmation) people saying that he was an Iraqi , by birth and that prevented him from ever playing for Iranian national team...

good old days...

thanks agha majid for the trip to the old days... and yes I remember that 2-1 Kuwait game .. but I was watching it sitting at home.. and I remember Roshanzadeh reporting it.. when Behtash Fariba scored, there is a delay before Roshanzadeh realizes it was a goal.. a delay for about a second or so... I remember jumping up and down before him..

Comment

Safar Iranpak

Perspolis visted Bahrain around 1973 for a friendly match. Their flight home was delayed for about aweek in which we had plenty of time to see the players booth at the hotel and practise ground where they were training.

Here is a shot with Safar Iranpak...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by maij; 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Keep it coming guys...I am quite thrilled to read these memories and hear the name of heros.

sigpic

Comment

^^ nice picture...

I am wondering, are you the guy standing on the left??

Comment

One of my the best memories was when Taj Club visted Bahrain in 1973. They played against Bahrain National Team and won 3-0 , in the second match they played the League champion and won 2-0. Rowshan , a young player at the time was the star of both matches. He just ran circles around the defenders and his pace was like a Gazzale. I was sitting on the bench with Taj players at the time chatting mostly to Mazloomi (who didnt play due to an injury) and an Iranian reporter who asked me all sort of questions , most not even related to sport and then I was invited to accompany them to the dressing room.

Someone kindly took these pictures with Mazloomi , Rowshan and me. The funniest thing that cracked me up in the dressing room was when Rykov , the Yugoslav coach , got pissed off with one of the defenders and in his accented Farsi shouted at him " Chera mizari in Siah azt rad besheh ..." he was refering to a dark Bahraini winger !

Mazloomi. Rowshan , Akbari ( who was also chatting with me ) and most of the players were absloutely grand people. The only one I did not like was Jabbari...he seemed very arrogant and after the end of the match when many fans were waiting to greet Taj players before taking the coach back to the hotel , Jabbari was the only one that pushed the crowds away....while rest of the Taj players were extremely accomodating .
            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Noori Khodayari, actualy more of a juggler than a player, as his style was puting the bottom of his shoe on top of the ball, and confuse the opponant by rolling the ball underneath his foot back and forth,and turning around and do the same away from the opponant.....he used to confuse and tire opponant, yet he did not have any speed,nor scapeing ability,nor was he much of a passer.
              On other memories,
              ...my next door nighbor was " hafez tahooni ", the keeper of Rah-Ahan.....he was a very nice guy,and hated ali parvin....

Although they were about 4 years older than me,I played with massod mojdehi and his brother abbas ,who was also a very good player,in our high school in abbas abad ( Dabirestan e farokh-manesh ).

Bahram mavedat, the keeper of perspolise, was very good looking,and I often used to see him with different girls,in club harlem, in maydane mohseni.

Although,I was taji, but, the teams I also liked were Homa, with very advanced type of play, and darayee which could have tied any game, even against German national team !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BehzadB View Post
                ^^ nice picture...

I am wondering, are you the guy standing on the left??

2nd right.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                  2nd right.
                  I should have waited a bit longer for you to post the other pictures ..

It must have been awesome to be around those guys...

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                    ..... and darayee which could have tied any game, even against German national team !!!
                    LOOL.. yes they would..

Comment

Originally posted by BehzadB View Post
                      I should have waited a bit longer for you to post the other pictures ..

It must have been awesome to be around those guys...

Yeah.... It was like a dream when Taj came over , a really nice bunch of players.

I was barely 16 years old , yet taller than Rowshan.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                        Noori Khodayari, actualy more of a juggler than a player, as his style was puting the bottom of his shoe on top of the ball, and confuse the opponant by rolling the ball underneath his foot back and forth,and turning around and do the same away from the opponant.....he used to confuse and tire opponant, yet he did not have any speed,nor scapeing ability,nor was he much of a passer.!!!
                        That's true...he lacked stamina and pace , which was a shame.

sigpic

Comment

Asian Games 1974

Here is a picture taken by myself in Araymehr Stadium in the Grand Opening of the Asian Games.
                          Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

I remember that Israel sport group marched in seperately from the others heavily surrounded by machine-gun weilding security guards in plain cloth.

The machine guns looked like Uzzi !

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
                              ^ Damet garm.
                              Here is a simple way: click on "new post", then look below the editing window for "manage attachments", click on that, it allows you to browse thru you local files, select the one you want to upload, and then press upload. If the pic is too big, it will exceed the maximum allowed. In that case you can go to "paint" or any other photoshop software and reduce the size and try again ...
                              Thanks Mansour Jaan -- will follow the instructions.

k.

Comment

here are some pictures .. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X