Football: A total disgrace for Islamic Republic of Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
    So we cancelled a couple of friendlies due to rain and cold! Is Iran the first country facing
    winter cold and rain?
    good question,
    They shut down many major cities for few days due to cold and snowfall.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
      Actualy," Karaj " , now, is the secound most populated city in IRAN, ahead of Isfahan.....karaj,has close to 7 million !!!

Bahram Jan.....I stand corrected then , although it sounds unrealistic for me!

In that case , the population of UAE nationals is the number of people living between Azadi stadium to Iran Khodrow assembly plant along Karaj Highway ( nak rasideh be karaj)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
        Bahram Jan.....I stand corrected then , although it sounds unrealistic for me!

In that case , the population of UAE nationals is the number of people living between Azadi stadium to Iran Khodrow assembly plant along Karaj Highway ( nak rasideh be karaj)
        I stand corrected myself.....I just talked to a friend in tehran....he said, karaj has 4 million,and not 7 million, but it is growing even faster than Tehran.....and after isfahan,it is the third city in population...

Comment

Accoring to the following report, the game at Azadi against Costa Rica may
          be held without audience due to: I kid you not "humidity" in Azadai which
          can interrupt the facilities:

http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...-1077010&Lang=

If this is not embarrassing, I dont know what is. No other city in the country of 70
          million could host this event? And the city of Tehran with over 14 million population,
          doesnt have 1 stadium in working order? (I mean isn't the point of holding the game
          at Azadi to accomodate a lot of fans, and if that is not possible we just don't have any
          other stadium to accomodate at least a few thousand fans?)

Shame.

Comment

i just finished watching this weeks navad. they had an interview with zia azari who is the manager of azadi stadium. apparently its the pipes that have bursted in so many different places because of the cold that for sure, they cant provide water and sanitary services in the stadium for the costa rica match.

they said they will try their best to prepare the stadium for the syria match next wednesday!!!

apparently, this problem existed last week during the perspolis sanat naft game as well but since that game was supposed to be held without spectators anywayz, the game was played.

however, the other stadiums like dastgerdi have no problems even though they are also located in tehran under the same weather
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
              i just finished watching this weeks navad. they had an interview with zia azari who is the manager of azadi stadium. apparently its the pipes that have bursted in so many different places because of the cold that for sure, they cant provide water and sanitary services in the stadium for the costa rica match.

they said they will try their best to prepare the stadium for the syria match next wednesday!!!

apparently, this problem existed last week during the perspolis sanat naft game as well but since that game was supposed to be held without spectators anywayz, the game was played.

however, the other stadiums like dastgerdi have no problems even though they are also located in tehran under the same weather

Azadi was built in 1973 and after the revolution , there was limited upgrade to its facilities both on the outside (seats and fans facilities) or inside ( infrastructure and players accommodation).

Last time I was inside Azadi and had access to the dressing rooms of the players was in year 1999 and that did not look good at all. The grass looked quite funny. However there was some new seats fitted , a major upgrade of the pitch....The water irrigation system was also upgraded.

I am not sure about the sanitary system though. In all my life and countless visits to Azadi , I visited the toilet once , and I swear to God that I will never go that place again (Even If I have to do it in myself)

Those toilets in Azadi give another meaning to the word SH*T !!! Offload yourself at home , Gentlemen , before you go to Azadi....

sigpic

Comment

maij jaan...............it is not just azadi's toilets.............it is whole Iran.
                Due to my job requirements, I trave twice a year to Iran, and go to different cities.
                It is a unfortunate culture of ours,that has zero class when it comes to 'bath-room' matters........There is no place to go to bathroom in any city, other than masjids.....and all, without exception, are absolutly filthy..........
                there is no rest room,that you could go, without, see, smelling,and some times steping on " SHIT ", and wet walls, and smell of others' Urination.
                The is no flush, and some times there is no water !!, the popos are stacked up, with flys around, and wet walls, and strong smells, and one can say,that it is not just today's smell but rather than weeks of neglecting to wash...the popos, are dark and old, sticking around...............
                these are not exadurations, but 90 percent all over Iran.

Comment

maij jaan...............it is not just azadi's toilets.............it is whole Iran.
                  Due to my job requirements, I trave twice a year to Iran, and go to different cities.
                  It is a unfortunate culture of ours,that has zero class when it comes to 'bath-room' matters........There is no place to go to bathroom in any city, other than masjids.....and all, without exception, are absolutly filthy..........
                  there is no rest room,that you could go, without, see, smelling,and some times steping on " SHIT ", and wet walls, and smell of others' Urination.
                  The is no flush, and some times there is no water !!, the popos are stacked up, with flys around, and wet walls, and strong smells, and one can say,that it is not just today's smell but rather than weeks of neglecting to wash...the popos, are dark and old, sticking around...............

Bahram Jan...... I can't say that I disagree.

Fortunately , I don't travel by cars and coaches much in Iran , but once or twice that we traveled from Tehran to Shamal , I had to visit a toilet once....WELL, that description of yours is quite accurate.

Sorry , I did not mean to turn this post into ........

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post

Sorry , I did not mean to turn this post into ........
                    The fact of the matter is, Football is a part of bigger culture. This type of lack of
                    attention to some basic stuff, like hygine, cleanliness, translates into missing some
                    bigger issues: As long as a field is made and the lawn spread, noone cares
                    about the QUALITY of what was built.
                    That is disgusting, but we can't escape reality.

A few years back on this very same forum I was asking about the state of stadiums
                    in Iran (how there are so few with poor qualities), and some folks were quick to post pictures
                    of various stadiums to be built, or almost ready to be used trying to prove me wrong.
                    Well that was 2004. Can those folks provide updates?

But, if a city like Tehran doesn't even have an airport with international standards (please
                    look at Imam Khomanei Airport to get the full picuture of tragedy/comedy/embezzlement)
                    to appreciate full scope of incompetence, I guess we can't expect better with football
                    stadiums can we?

Comment

Some pictures (and not in much detail) still it shows how our number 1 football
                      facility (Azadi) looks like:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=55208

Comment

The fact of the matter is, Football is a part of bigger culture. This type of lack of
                        attention to some basic stuff, like hygine, cleanliness, translates into missing some
                        bigger issues: As long as a field is made and the lawn spread, noone cares
                        about the QUALITY of what was built.
                        That is disgusting, but we can't escape reality.

A few years back on this very same forum I was asking about the state of stadiums
                        in Iran (how there are so few with poor qualities), and some folks were quick to post pictures
                        of various stadiums to be built, or almost ready to be used trying to prove me wrong.
                        Well that was 2004. Can those folks provide updates?

But, if a city like Tehran doesn't even have an airport with international standards (please
                        look at Imam Khomanei Airport to get the full picuture of tragedy/comedy/embezzlement)
                        to appreciate full scope of incompetence, I guess we can't expect better with football
                        stadiums can we?

Too damn right......

Somehow , quality is a absoultely at its lowest in the country. Whatever you touch, feel or see lacks quality. From children toys to cars to buildings to hotels and unfortunately people seem to accept that mediocre quality as acceptable and get on with it!!!

We all know the passion of Iranians for foreign goods and we all know why ....

Football , of course , is part of that low quality culture.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          I think GK jan's topic header could have easily read:
                          football, a sample of mismanagement in Islamic Iran

afterall what have they managed correctly, so we shd expect football to be anything different?
                          NOTHING !
                          Please make that "football, an example of how ridiculous is the islamic state of affairs in the occupied Iran"

Comment

The manager of Azadi (Zia Azari), has warned Kafashian about the overuse of
                            Azadi stadium. According to Zia Azari, submitted schedule shows
                            4 games will be played in Azadi in 1 week time!

Given all the other training that happens there, he warned the head of IFF that
                            this over use will cause a complete deterioratio in lawn quality, to the point
                            Azadi stadium may not be usable for TM games.

Last time this happened, Azadi needed 14 months of repair he warned.

May be we can move all of our national games to Dubai? Everything else from Iran
                            is moving there?

Comment

Comment

May be we can move all of our national games to Dubai? Everything else from Iran is moving there?
                                What a bright idea...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X