The last stage of WCQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last stage of WCQ's

Anyone knows if coming as table toppers or runners up in this stage will have any impact on how the draw is done for the next ?

some say it doesnt and they just put all 10 names in one basket and draw 5 and 5.
    that could mean anything. you may get a group like : aussies, japan, ksa, korea and Iran !!!
    it is a possibility.

or is there another way of separating the top teams of the 5 groups and putting 2 in one and 3 in the other ?
    this seems more fair and balanced.

any info on this?

Doesn't really make much of a difference, seeing how all the other top 2 teams have done extremely better than us and judging by that I'd say most of them look better/stronger than us. At least if we're in a group like the one you mentioned, we could always blame the strong opposition
    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

Someone at the time (during the AFC cup qualification days of TM under GN) listed the AFC rules about the WC qualification. I am sure if we dig deep it must be in AFC site as well.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

This is what I guess !

1-the two highest fifa rank teams will head the two groups of A and B.

2-the rest will be drawn, based on below limitations:
        .................................................. ..................................................

A-teams will not be in a same group they had been on the previouse round.

B-groups will have diversity as far as cultures.

Comment

Working...
        X