No announcement yet.

TM & Counter-attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the main ingredients for making that cake is to have good ball distributors. Players with good intelligence and passing technique who don't hold on to the ball too much and make quick decisions. We don't have that many of those in our team today and the ones we have, like Jabbari, don't get to play!!!
    Right now, we have some ball hogs and then some others who take forever to handle the ball, let alone make a quick pass at the right time.

Comparing to what we had before, even our central defenders were better at distributing long useful balls behind opponents D-line. Guys like Golmo, Bakhtiarizadeh or even sometimes Rezaei were better at this, than Hosseyni and Aghili. Aghili can sometimes send some ok balls, but Hosseyni just shoots long and high with no specific address!
    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

For thoese who watch the game in US ESPN network, did you guys see how they the Panel discussed the same thing counter attack and showed 5 gaols I think that were scored on counter attack.
      Scoring team got the ball in its own 18 yard and drove the ball to the opposition goal and scored the longest duration from the moment the team won the ball in its own 18 yard to putting the ball in the opponents net was from 18 to 14 secs on the 5 goals they showed.

As other people mentioned, it needs, good technique, good team speed (which is different from individual player's speed, team work, tactical preparation, having the right players, etc. etc.).
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

aslan ali jan, certain teams like poland and mostly other east european countries whole style of play and "sabk" is counter attacking.

they are teams who play better when the opponent has more ball possession and attacks rather than when their own team has the ball and possession and thats the only way they can even challenge stronger west european teams!

counter attacking is a science by itself which we have seem to be ignoring in the past few years

------------------

afshin, i agree with u. but i would also like to add another comment now that u mentioned our CBs. our previous CBs like sohrab, yahya and even rezaei always participated in counter attacks. part of it comes with the experience ofcourse but also the relative speed.

but u never see aghili or hosseini on the opponents goal except if its a set piece. the only time i remember any of these 2 scoring outside a set piece is in the doha games when in the 90th minute, i dont remember who we were playing against but hosseini made a run all the way from behind while it wasnt even a real counter and maziar zare had the ball in the middle of the field looking to pass to someone, he saw hosseini running, gave him a through ball and hosseini scored.

on the other hand, i remember how sohbra bakhtiyarizadeh specially in the last few years in saba battery, always participated in every counter attack. at that age, he ran so much up and down and at such a good pace. he was involved in every defensive play and frequently in counter attacks.

or yahya who would sometimes win tackles in midfield and then come upfront with the ball, pass it to a midfielder like karimi or kia or nekounam or whoever and then move upfront creating space and waiting for another pass or atleast attracting some defenders, hence freeing up our forwards from other defenders!

we dont see such moves in aghili and hosseini, nosrati used to do to an extent but not these 2. they keep playing long balls, specially hosseinis which hardly ever has any positive impact.

ofcourse, all this could be the instructions of the coach as well who maybe sees aghili and hosseinis slow pace, not worth the counter attacks?
        i dunno...but definitely, our previous CBs helped much more in offense than our current ones.
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
        X